Data storage devices, particularly complex ones, tend to slow down over time. Their caches/RAM stores memory, and as soon as the cache fills up, the devices slow down. The steps below will help you restore the device to its factory settings if you are experiencing a similar issue with your Firestick device. However, below is a guide on how to reset firestick without remote or WIFI.
You may also love to read: How to listen to music on a plane?
How to Reset Firestick Without Remote or WiFi
- Launch the Firestick by connecting a USB mouse.
- Click here to access the menu
- To access the settings, click on the Gear button
- Choose System from the menu
- Find the Factory Reset option in the system options
- The device will be reset once you press the button.
- If you sign in, all previous preferences will be lost.
- The factory resetting process takes a few minutes after clicking Reset.
- You will now have a fully reset Firestick without remote or WIFI.
- Streaming your favorite TV shows is now possible without interruptions.
You may also love to read: RCA Universal Remote Not Working?
What Is The Best Way To Factory Reset Firestick With Remote or WIFI?
To reset your firestick without using remote or WIFI, here is the simplest method, follow these steps:
- On the Firestick home screen, find the “settings” menu and select it. If you press the “home” button on the remote for five seconds or more, you will access the settings.
- In these settings options, select your device. The device/system is called “my Fire TV” on newer models, and “device/system” on older ones.
- From the menu, select “Factory Reset”. Complete the process by following the onscreen instructions. You will be prompted to enter your pin (given to you during the initial purchase/setup of the Fire TV).
- Before unplugging the device, wait for the process to complete. Progress will usually be shown on the screen after a few minutes.
If you press the left part of the directional buttons and the “back” button, you can also reset your phone. If you press both buttons simultaneously, a pop-up message will appear on the Firestick. Confirm the reset by following the instructions on the screen.
Resetting your Firestick device can also be accomplished in a number of other ways. We will discuss ways to reset your computer without a remote or an internet connection in the next section.
You may also love to read: 5 Steps To Create A Virtual Switch In SmartThings
What Is The Best Way To Factory Reset Firestick Without Remote of WIFI?
You can also reset your Firestick via the Firestick mobile application without using any remote or WIFI if you do not have a remote to select options. Please follow these steps:
- Set up the Firestick app by downloading the app from your app store (Android or Apple) and connecting it to the same WIFI network as your Firestick device.
- Connect your Firestick device to the app by selecting its name. A four-digit code will appear on your TV if you have chosen the correct device.
- Your TV will be prompted to enter a code. You will then be able to connect it.
- In the app, select the “settings” option. Choose the device you wish to use on the new screen.
- From the list of options, choose “Factory Reset”.
- The resetting process can be completed by selecting “confirm” on the app. The Firestick should be reset without remote or WIFI within a minute or two.
You may also love to read: Cox Remote Not Working
How Do You Reset A Firestick Without A Remote Or WiFi?
In the absence of a functioning remote or a stable WiFi connection, you cannot reset the Firestick. Another option is to use WiFi instead of the app.
If you have a regular TV remote control, you can use it as a remote for Firestick. The Firestick can be paired with a regular remote with HDMI-CEC technology. Unfortunately, only a few TVs offer this feature.
A couple of power cycles may help your Firestick start working a little faster. You can also borrow another Firestick if you don’t want to purchase a new remote. Now you can browse the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon!
There are a number of ways to reset firestick without remote or WIFI. The first few have been explored in detail; however, the final configurations may vary depending on what updates you are running. As a result, you have to make some adjustments yourself as you reset your system.
Is it possible to factory reset a Firestick without a remote or WIFI?
A keyboard can be connected to Firestick using our guide if you have one. Connect the keyboard to access the factory reset menu. When you have a frozen or stuck Fire TV, you can press and hold the “Escape” and “Right Arrow” keys for 15 seconds.
Is it Possible to Reset My Firestick Manually?
The Fire Stick and TV can now be turned on. To do so, hold the Back and Right directional buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds. Resetting your device will appear as a pop-up message. The Reset button must be clicked and allowed a few minutes to complete. While this process is going on, it is recommended to keep the device plugged in.
Can my Firestick be reprogrammed without a remote?
Connecting the Firestick to a hotspot is necessary for it to work. Make sure you have also connected the Fire TV App to the hotspot if you have one. Once both connections are complete, the Firestick can be controlled via the app on Fire TV. Connect the device to the new WIFI by using the app’s settings.
Is it Possible to Reset an Amazon Firestick Manually?
It is possible to safely eject expandable storage if necessary. Keep Right and Back on the navigation circle pressed together for 10 seconds. Unless you choose to cancel a factory reset or continue, the device will automatically reset after several seconds.
What is the hard reset procedure for Firestick without remote or WIFI?
Using the My Fire TV menu or a button shortcut will allow you to reset your Amazon Firestick to factory settings without using remote or WIFI. With a reset of your Firestick, all of your downloaded apps, personal data, and preferences will be erased. Your Firestick might be able to be fixed by resetting itself.
Is there a way to get my Firestick working again?
The computer can be turned on by pressing the Power button on the remote for 10 seconds. To try again, unplug the cord and wait ten seconds before plugging it in.
What Are the Steps to Force Restart Amazon Fire Stick?
When you turn your Fire Stick on, you will see the Fire Stick home screen on your TV. Your remote control will allow you to hold the “Home” button for a few seconds. Scroll down to “Settings” and click “My Fire TV”.