Table of Contents
How to Program Amazon Firestick Remote Control?
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is perfect for streaming TV shows, movies, and live sporting events. However, if you do not program a firestick remote to television, your TV will not be as clever. However, you’ll be able to watch your favorite shows again in no time if you figure out how to program, sync, and pair the firestick remote to the television. Moreover, you can also learn how to reprogram, sync, and pair fire stick remote control from the instructions mentioned below. Indeed, in order to learn how to program, sync, or pair amazon fire stick remote, you will need a proper method, as discussed later in this article. Additionally, you can also get to know how to reprogram the amazon firestick remote with various methods mentioned later in this post.
You might find setting up Firestick remote applicable if you possess an Amazon Fire TV. However, you must first connect it to your television before using it. The method will vary greatly depending on whether you already have a sync firestick remote and whether you’re using a generic Bluetooth remote.
How to Program, Sync or Pair a Firestick Remote?
Many Firestick owners have difficulty syncing firestick remotes, and the methods mentioned below can assist.
- By pressing and holding the Home button on the remote, you may instantly connect a new Amazon firestick remote to an Amazon Firestick.
- Assuming your TV device supports HDMI Consumer Electronics Control (HDMI-CEC), you may pair an HDMI-CEC compatible remote by activating HDMI-CEC in the settings of your TV.
- If you can’t get the remote to work correctly, it might be a battery issue. The Amazon firestick Bluetooth and Fire TV remote utilize a lot of power and quickly deplete batteries due to their high streaming capability.
- Replace the batteries first if your amazon firestick remote control isn’t operating correctly. Replacing a whole new set of batteries rather than a working pair from another device may be required.
If the fault of a non-functioning remote persists, the amazon firestick remote will most likely need to be repaired. Following the replacement of the batteries, proceed with the instructions below to connect your firestick remote to your TV. However, see the methods mentioned below to learn how to program, sync, or pair the amazon firestick remote.
How to program Firestick remote?
Below are some steps, and following those, you can easily program or reprogram a firestick remote.
- You can set up a firestick remote that came with your Amazon Firestick during the setup.
- After you’ve connected your TV and Firestick, you may sync firestick remote.
- Remove the two batteries from the Amazon Fire TV stick box after connecting it for the first time.
- Place the batteries in their proper locations in amazon firestick remote.
- After adding the batteries, pairing should take place automatically. Hold down the Home button on your remote for 10 seconds if this isn’t the case.
- The Amazon firestick remote is now ready to use after being linked with the Smart TV.
- Use the Amazon remote Programming method to check if your remote is connected.
- Examine the Voice button on your remote to check whether it blinks quickly. It’s in Discovery mode if that’s the case. It is on the lookout for gadgets to connect to.
- When the three blue lights on the firestick remote start flashing, it means that the pairing process between your TV and remote is complete.
- If you don’t see either, disconnect the Firestick from its power supply, remove the batteries, rejoin the device, and replace the batteries. Then, push the Home button to set up the firestick remote.
How to add/replace a Firestick remote?
These instructions will guide you through changing or setting firestick remote.
- Press the Home button on your original Firestick joystick.
- Choose Settings on your firestick remote.
- Choose from Bluetooth Devices and Bluetooth Controllers.
- Navigate to Amazon Firestick Remotes.
- On the following page, click Add New Remote.
- Keep your new Firestick remote’s Home button pressed until it detects it.
- On your old firestick remote, press the Select button. Both remotes should now be shown in the list and firestick remote synced.
How to program a Firestick remote if you’ve misplaced the old one?
If you don’t have a functional, linked remote, you can setup Firestick remote with your phone instead:
- Using your iPhone, iPad, or Android device, launch the Firestick app.
- Choose your Fire TV device — or Add widget if that option isn’t available — and then input your account login credentials.
- To begin utilizing your phone as a remote, enter your PIN.
- Select Home on your phone or tablet, then Settings.
- Select between Controllers and Bluetooth Devices.
- Then, select Add New Remote from the Amazon Fire TV Remotes menu.
- Hold down the Home button on your latest amazon Firestick remote till it detects it.
- Press the Select button on your smartphone. After that, your new remote now must appear on your list.
How to pair an Amazon firestick remote?
Unplug your Fire TV device for 60 seconds to reset and program, sync or pair a firestick remote. Then, for 12 seconds, press your remote’s left, menu, and back buttons. After that, remove the batteries and wait 60 seconds before plugging in your Fire TV device. Finally, remove and replace the batteries and click the home button.
- For 60 seconds, disconnect your Amazon firestick from the power source.
- Then, for 12 seconds, press and hold the left, menu, and back buttons on your amazon firestick remote. The left directional button is located on the left side of your remote’s ring, the menu button has three horizontal lines, and the back button has a rounded arrow pointing to the left.
- After that, wait five seconds before removing the batteries from your firestick remote. If you have a spare set of batteries, you may wish to change them now.
- Then, after 60 seconds, reconnect your Firestick to the power source.
- After that, put the batteries in your amazon firestick remote.
- Finally, use your Amazon firestick remote to return to the home screen. When you reset your Fire TV device, Amazon suggests that you stand at least 10 feet away from it.
- It may take a few moments for your remote to connect to your Fire TV. If it still doesn’t pair after a few minutes, press and holds the home button for 10 seconds.
How to Program, Sync and Pair Amazon Fire Stick Remote?
If you’re attempting to pair a firestick replacement remote, you may need to manually add it to your firestick. Here’s how it works:
How to Pair a firestick Replacement Remote to Your Fire TV
To link a firestick replacement remote for your Fire Stick, navigate to Settings > Controllers & Bluetooth Devices > Amazon Fire TV Remotes > Add New Remote. Then, holding the home button on your new remote for 10 seconds, choose the unique remote’s name using your old remote to confirm.
- On your Firestick remote, press the home button.
Note: If you don’t have a working Fire TV remote, you can use your mobile phone to add and delete remotes. Skip to the next section to learn how to use your phone as a remote.
- Then click the Settings button. Push the right direction button on your remote until the gear symbol on the right is highlighted. Then, hit the downward direction button on your amazon firestick remote to access the settings menu.
Note: Please keep in mind that your screen may seem different t if you are using an older version of Fire OS. If this is the case, you may access the Settings menu by pushing the up arrow on your firestick remote until you see Home highlighted. Then, using the right directional button, pick Settings, and using the down directional button, navigate to the Settings menu.
Now the following several stages will be substantially the same.
- Then, choose Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
- Choose Amazon Firestick Remotes.
How to program, sync or pair a Firestick remote?
Note: To link a third-party remote, scroll down and choose Other Bluetooth Devices, followed by Add Bluetooth Devices. Then, put your remote in pairing mode and choose it when it shows on the screen.
- Next, click the Add New Remote button. Your Amazon Fire TV will look for accessible remotes and present a list of them.
- Then, for at least 10 seconds, press and hold the home button on your new amazon firestick remote. When your Firestick detects your new remote, it will display it on the screen.
- Then, on your old remote, push the Select button to confirm. That’s the button in the center of your remote’s ring.
Please keep in mind that updating your new remote may take some time.
- Finally, when you see your new firestick remote displayed on the screen, you may use it.
How to Pair and Sync Amazon Fire Stick Remote?
How to Sync or Pair Firestick Remote?
Your Firestick may support up to seven remote controllers. If you have hit your limit, you must disconnect one of them. You may accomplish this by hitting the menu button with the three lines on your remote, followed by the choose button in the center of the ring on your remote. This may also assist you in reprogramming firestick remote.
If you wish to use the Firestick with the substitute remote but don’t have access to the settings that allow you to add a controller, you may link the new replacement remote using the Amazon firestick Remote App.
How to Use Your Phone as a Firestick Remote?
Simply download and install the Amazon Fire TV app on your phone to sync Amazon Firestick remote. Then launch the app and choose your Fire TV device. Log in to your Amazon account and input the PIN displayed on the TV screen into your phone.
- Get the Amazon Fire TV app and install it. The software is available on Google Play for Android smartphones and the Apple App Store for iPhones and other iOS devices. Make sure you get the AMZN Mobile LLC app.
Note: Your smartphone and Amazon firestick must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network to use the app.
- Then launch the app and choose the Fire TV device. The app will attach to the Fire TV device immediately. Tap New Devices if you’re not seeing your Firestick in the list.
- Log in with your Amazon login and password next.
- In your application, enter the four-digit PIN from your TV.
- Your phone may now be used as a controller for your Fire TV device. When pairing is complete, your amazon firestick remote buttons will appear on your smartphone’s screen.
- You can keep using your device as a amazon firestick remote or connect a new remote with your app by following the procedures in the previous section.
Basic Edition Remote: How to Pair Amazon Fire Stick Remote?
You can setup firestick remote by following these steps:
- Hold down the Home button. Press the Menu button three times at the same time.
- Remove your finger from the Home button.
- Take the batteries out of your remote.
- Wait 60 seconds after unplugging your Fire TV.
- Replace the batteries in your amazon firestick remote, then connect to your Fire TV.
- When the Home screen shows, hold down the “button for 40 seconds when the Home screen shows.
- Allow 60 seconds for the setup to complete.
Fire TV Smart TV Remotes
- Wait 60 seconds after unplugging the Fire TV.
- At the exact moment, press and hold the Left, Menu, and Back buttons at the precise moment. For 12 seconds, hold them in place.
- Wait 5 seconds after pressing the buttons.
- Take out your amazon firestick remote’s batteries.
- Wait for 60 seconds after plugging in your Fire TV.
- Reinstall your remote’s batteries.
- On your remote, press the Home button.
- Your amazon firestick remote is linked correctly when the indicator light turns blue. Press and hold the Home button for ten seconds if it isn’t already paired.
Fire TV Soundbar Remotes
- After disconnecting the Fire TV, wait 60 seconds.
- Press and hold the Left, Menu, and Back buttons simultaneously. Hold them in place for 12 seconds.
- After hitting the buttons, wait 5 seconds.
- Remove the batteries from your remote.
- After plugging in your Fire TV, wait 60 seconds.
- Replace the batteries in your amazon firestick remote.
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- When the LED indicator blinks blue, your firestick remote is correctly linked. Press and hold the home button for 10 seconds if it isn’t already paired.
How to Pair a 4k Firestick Remote to a Change Tv Set?
- From the home screen, go to amazon Firestick settings.
- Click the Equipment Control button.
- On the next screen, select the option Manage Equipment.
- In this window, select TV.
- Select the Change TV option on your amazon firestick remote.
- When asked, select Change TV.
- If the Firestick properly detects the TV, choose YES.
- If not, choose NO on your amazon firestick remote.
- However, if you choose NO above, you will be prompted to select a TV brand. Proceed to do so, and follow the onscreen instructions to configure the TV control.
How to Pair firestick remote? : Second Method
However, to learn how to pair amazon fire stick remote follow these steps:
- Just at the top of the screen, navigate to the Settings menu.
- Choose Controllers and Bluetooth Devices.
- Then, under Amazon Fire TV Remotes, click Add New amazon firestick Remote.
- For 10 seconds, hold down the Home button on your new remote.
- Select the name of your new remote from the TV screen using your current remote.
- When it has been successfully linked, an on-screen notice will appear.
Following these steps, you can easily reprogram or pair firestick remotes with a amazon firestick.
How to Reprogram a Firestick Remote?
When reprogramming firestick remote, What You Should Do:
- Unplug the power supply to the firestick gadget. Not really in the form of disconnecting the HDMI connector, but just turning off the firestick.
- Wait a few seconds before plugging it back in and waiting for the firestick to restart/reboot.
- When you view the home page and all apps, your firestick has successfully connected to the internet.
- Hold the Home button on a amazon Firestick remote until an orange light flashes, then release it. Assuming you don’t have a light capabilities remote, wait for 20 to 30 seconds for a pop-up to display on a large screen indicating that your Firestick remote has been linked.
- This is how to reprogram Firestick remote.
- If you are unable to reconfigure a amazon firestick remote after several attempts, you will need to replace the remote owing to a high likelihood of a defective product.
Follow these above instructions to learn how to reprogram your amazon firestick remote easily without any trouble.
Firestick Remote Not Working?
If your Firestick remote isn’t functioning with your compatible device, try the following first to program a firestick remote:
- Unplug your gadget for up to 1 minute and plug it back in. Often, a fast restart of the Firestick or Fire TV can restore your amazon firestick remote’s functionality.
- Remove the batteries from the rear of the remote and replace them.
- If it still does not work, replace the batteries in the amazon firestick remote and try once more.
If you still cannot use your Amazon Firestick remote, we may need to repair it.
- Unplug and then re-plug your Fire TV/Fire Stick to turn it on.
- Press and hold the Home Button of your controller for approximately 20 seconds from the home screen.
- When the pairing is complete, a notice will appear in the lower right corner of the screen.
- If not, click and keep the Home button of Amazon firestick remote for up to 20 seconds again.
- Rep this step till the Amazon firestick remote is connected. This might take up to ten attempts.
You can install unverified programs from the Amazon App Store by side-loading or installing anything on your system rather than through the official app-distribution process. It is suggested that you use a VPN when installing such programs.
You can reset, reprogram, add or replace the firestick remote by following the guidelines described above. Most of them are quite easy and will usually work. Follow the steps and your amazon firestick remote should be functioning in no time. However, these are the latest and updated methods to program, sync, pair or reprogram your amazon fire stick remote.
So, This was everything about how to program a firestick remote. We hope that one of these solutions will assist you in resolving the issue by synchronizing the firestick remote.