Watching your favorite shows on a smart LG TV could be a lot more fun if you add third-party apps.
How to Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV? Installing an app is as simple as pressing the Home button on your remote*select More Apps*open the LG Content Store*click Premium and choose the app that you want*TV will download and install the app for you. Besides those available in the LG TV app store, you can stream content from other third-party apps or through a box such as a Firestick.
You may also love to read: How to Sync Roku Remote Without Pairing Button
The LG smart TV can be configured to install 3rd party apps, despite the difficulty of streaming content. On LG’s devices, it might make sense to install apps compatible with HDMI ports, as well as apps available through LG’s app store.
Do LG Smart TVs support third-party apps?
It is not possible to download applications from unknown sources on LG smart TVs because they run on Web OS or Netcast.you can, howeare powered by Web OS or Netcast and do not allow users to installons such as Firestick, Chromecast, AppleTV, Roku.
Some of the modelWeb OS or Netcast and do not allow apps to be downloaded LG Nano Cell, and LG UHD TV.
The LG operating system is based on Web OS or Netcast, which do not allow users to install apps over the internet, but only from LG’s app store as we stated before.
Because the TV is smart, you may not need an additional box-like Firestick, and LG may make it possible to access third-party apps through the company’s WebOS platform. Access to LG’s WebOS provided access to different applications, games, and music.
You may also love to read: LG DVD Player Remote Control Codes
How to Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV
1. Using LG Content Store
Connect your LG smart TV to an internet connection to access WebOS. Besides movies and shows, you’ll also find apps and games in LG Content Store.
1) You can add apps by following these steps:
- Click the Home button on the remote control.
- By clicking on the TV, you can access pre-installed apps.
- Utilize the LG content store on LG TV to access additional apps.
2) Choosing content from the LG Content Store:
- LG’s content store provides a variety of downloads, including apps and movies. It also provides TV shows that you cannot watch on a standard TV. Apps from the LG store could appear at the top of the list. You can also find it on the LG content store website.
3) Download an application from the store:
- First, you search for the app you want and, once you find it, you click on it and it is downloaded to your television. In addition to installing the app on your LG TV, you will also see an “install” button, and when you click it, you will get it installed instantly. The install button could also serve as a shortcut to launch the app on your LG TV, so it’s easier to access it.
The LG smart TV as well as the app section on the LG website can easily display an app once it has been downloaded. A smart LG TV is also equipped with an operating system called Netcast, which allows you to download apps. A section for apps is also available on the main screen.
On the premium section of the LG TV, you can download the apps and install them.
2. Using a Fire Stick (or other streaming devices)
If you couldn’t find the app you were looking for in the LG Content Store, this method will work great. For this reason, you must use a Firestick or similar streaming device (like Roku or Chromecast) to access the available apps.
- You can now insert the other end of the power adaptor into the outlet and the other end into your Fire Stick.
- The Fire Stick should be plugged directly into your LG TV’s HDMI port
- The LG TV should be set to the same HDMI channel as the Fire Stick (HDMI1)
- The remote will pair with the device once the batteries are inserted.
- Connect to your WiFi by following the instructions on the screen.
- Using your Fire Stick, log into your Amazon account.
- Your LG TV is compatible with Fire Stick apps
You may also love to read: How to program Universal Remote to LG TV
How to make 3rd party apps available in other countries
There are different LG apps available all over the world since LG is an international company. Having different apps available for different countries makes sense. It is great news that you can easily access them too, and we’ll show you how.
- Navigate to Settings⇒All Settings⇒General
- Click here for location
- Select a country for LG Services
- Please select a country
- Click Yes to accept the agreement
- Restart your TV
- New apps should be added more often
- To get more new apps, visit the LG Content Store
You may also love to read: LG Blu-Ray Universal Remote control codes
Uninstalling Apps on LG Smart TV
LG Smart TV apps can be uninstalled if you feel like they no longer serve their purpose or if you no longer like them.
- Edit mode lets you adjust the app’s position on the scrolling ribbon by moving it down or up.
- With your remote, press right and left to find the edit mode.
- By selecting the X over the individual app tile, you can delete the unwanted LG TV app
- A highlight on the app could lead you to select the X icon, which can be used to delete the app.
- A confirmation will be required before you can delete the TV app. After selecting yes on the deletion process, it confirms that you want to delete the app. You can then exit the edit mode when you are done deleting the TV app.
You may also love to read: How to Add and Update apps to LG TV?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Let’s address the remaining questions after we have reviewed the main issues related to installing third-party apps on an LG TV.
Do I need to install apps from the LG Content Store in order to install them on my LG Smart TV?
LG Content Store does not allow third-party apps to be installed. LG smart TVs that run on Netcast or Web OS cannot be installed with apps from unknown sources. Nevertheless, third-party content can be streamed on LG smart TVs via Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Firestick, and Chromecast.
Is LG Smart TV compatible with any apps?
You can find apps and content on WebOS for LG smart TVs, so you could find content that meets your needs. Among the many apps available on WebOS are Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube, Hulu, and many others. In addition to Channel Plus, you’ll find other top-rated shows and independent films via the apps on WebOS. If you want to use third-party apps on a LG TV, don’t forget to visit Amazon to see their selection.
Is there a Google Play store on LG TV?
Since LG TVs run on a different webOS, they do not support Google Play. Your TV must run the Android operating system in order to offer Google Play. Using third-party extensions like Firestick, Chromecast, AppleTV or Roku, LG smart TVs can stream third-party content.
Does my LG Smart TV support the Google Play store?
This is not an Android device, it uses WebOS instead. There is no Google Play store for it. The LG Content Store is LG TV’s equivalent of Google Play Store. Positively, LG TVs with WebOS are now able to play Google Play movies.
Is it possible to install APK on LG Smart TV?
LG smart TVs cannot run APKs. LG smart TVs can be downloaded only from their own WebOS app store, and only those apps that are approved by the company can be installed. The Chromecast (for Android), AirPlay (for Apple), and WiFi Direct capabilities (for PC) will, however, allow you to stream third-party content.
Are Android apps compatible with WebOS?
You can download the LG Content Store app to enjoy your favorite shows on WebOS as long as it is an Android app.
Is LG Smart TV compatible with Android apps?
LG smart TVs cannot install Android apps unless the app store for the device is authorized. LG smart TVs can be streamed using third-party applications, including Firestick, Chromecast, AppleTV, or Roku.
How do I install Android apps on my LG Smart TV?
You can download apps from the LG Content Store by pressing the Home button on your remote control, then selecting More Apps, then opening the LG Content Store, then selecting Premium, then choosing the app you want, and TV will automatically download and install it for you. Through the company’s app store or with an additional box such as a Firestick, LG TV users are able to stream Android apps.
Hopefully, you have read our guide on how to install 3rd party apps on LG Smart TV. Despite the fact that LG smart TVs only support apps that work with WebOS, you can access apps from third-parties through extensions such as Firestick. Downloading apps for WebOS is possible via the internet; by clicking on the menu, you will be presented with the available LG smart TV apps. LG smart TV apps for adults can be downloaded and installed, then opened for a quick evaluation.
Using the WebOS, you can uninstall an app when you no longer need it. If you need to download LG smart TV apps, WebOS is flexible and you can test it on Android.