In case you recently lost your remote or it stopped working, your LG TV may ask you how to change the input. Using this feature, you will be able to play Blu-ray content and play video games.
LG TVs come with two methods to change input without a remote control: download the LG ThinQ app or manually press the buttons on the edge of the TV. Find out which method you should use by reading on.
You may also love to read: How to Connect LG TV to WiFi without Remote
How to Change Input on LG TVs with LG ThinQ App
Connecting the app to your TV is as simple as following these steps:
- Switch on your LG TV.
- Connect your TV and phone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- The app will open.
- At the top of the screen, click the “+” button.
- Tap “OK” when you see the prompts on the screen.
- Home appliances can be found here
- Choose TV from the menu.
- Please wait a moment.
- Your TV is at your disposal.
- Enter the verification in the app from the TV screen.
- Click on “Move to Home.”
When the LG ThinQ app is paired with your TV, it will feel as though you are holding the actual remote. Open the app and tap the house icon to access your lg tv input settings. Afterward, make the changes you require.
You may also love to read: How to Add and Update apps to LG TV?
How to Change Manually the Input on LG TVs
If you do not have a smart LG TV (or do not want to download the app), you can still manually adjust the input. Follow these steps:
- Watch TV.
- On the bottom of your TV, you’ll find the power button.
- The button should be pushed toward you.
- The bottom of the screen includes options which can be viewed by scrolling sideways.
- Once you have found your input selection, let go of the button.
You cannot turn off the TV if you press and hold the button without gently pulling it toward you.
It gives you access to your TV’s entire set of options once you follow the instructions listed above. Don’t press down on the button if you want to choose what you want.
You may also love to read: How to program Universal Remote to LG TV
Why can’t I change the input on my LG TV?
A smart TV is one that has access to Amazon Prime, Netflix, and other applications without the use of an external device (such as a Firestick). If you purchased an LG TV in the last few years, you probably have a smart TV. Unless you have a smart LG TV, you won’t be able to change the input on your TV using the app.
You may also love to read: LG Universal Remote codes and Programming for TVs
In the event the above steps didn’t work for you, consider these troubleshooting steps:
Connect Your Phone and TV to the Same Wi-Fi Network
If your TV’s remote doesn’t work, how will I connect it to the internet?” If this is the case, you must navigate to your TV’s settings with a USB mouse. Follow these steps:
- USB ports are typically found on the back or side of TVs.
- Connect the USB drive.
- To access the TV’s input, press the power button.
- Connect your mouse to the computer.
- Wait a few seconds after selecting “Live TV”.
- On the right-hand side, click “Recommended”.
- When the alert pops up, click “Yes”.
- Your wireless network credentials will allow you to connect.
You can now use the ThinQ app on your LG TV.
Install the latest version of the app
Apps and Google Play Store updates are available. You may not be able to use your smart TV with LG ThinQ apps if the latest version isn’t installed.
Your TV’s power button should be checked
A broken power button could prevent you from moving forward or changing input on your TV. If the problem is a factory defect, the warranty might cover it. If you bought the TV within the last year, you are eligible for the warranty.
You may also love to read: How To Connect Non Smart TV To WiFi
Force the app to close
You can force-quit the LG ThinQ app and then relaunch it if it doesn’t work. You can force an app to close depending on your phone.
You can do the following if you have an Android:
- Navigate to the settings page.
- Choose “Apps.”
- Select the LG ThinQ app.
- Select “Force Stop.”
Apple iPhone users:
- From the bottom, swipe up.
- The screen should be paused in the center.
- Swipe right to find the app.
- Swipe up to get started.
Following the above instructions, try relaunching the app and changing the input on your TV.
You may also love to read: Fixed: LG remote not working
When you want to change the input on your LG TV without a remote control, you have two choices: either you can select the input using the power button, or you can use the LG ThinQ app, which turns your phone into a remote.