Do you keep experiencing YouTube Keeps Crashing on your device?
YouTube is available on mobile devices as well as its main website, making it even more convenient for its users. Users can access all YouTube features from their mobile devices. However, channel owners must download a separate app to access the creator studio.
You may also love to read: BEST REMOTE CONTROLS FOR YOUTUBE TV
Since the YouTube app keeps crashing on your device, it is likely you are having trouble watching videos on the platform right now.
Problems are usually caused by incorrectly installed applications or by errors in installation files. Troubleshooting the problem can be a challenge since the issue does not provide an error code.
We decided to put together a guide to help you fix the YouTube Keeps Crashing.
Come on, let’s get started!
1. Check YouTube’s Servers.
Visit the official YouTube Twitter account to get updates or use Downdetector, a website that displays the current status of YouTube.
You may also love to read: Amazon Fire Stick YouTube Problem
2. Turn Off VPN.
It is possible that your device is using VPN services, which may disrupt your connection. VPNs change your IP address so you can remain anonymous online and protect your data.
It is possible that your device may have difficulty communicating with YouTube’s servers due to this process.
If you keep experiencing crashes on your YouTube app, try disabling your VPN first and see if that resolves the issue.
3. Use PureVPN.
Are you worried about going online without protection? PureVPN can help!
For optimized, unparalleled performance, PureVPN has more than 6,000 servers in 94 countries. Many helpful features have been included in this program, such as split-tunneling, port forwarding, 256-bit encryption, and much more.
PureVPN makes sure that your data is protected even when your internet connection is down.
Additionally, PureVPN offers 24/7 customer support via phone, email, and live chat, which will assist you if you encounter any issues while using the platform.
With PureVPN, it’s simple to take full advantage of your network!
You may also love to read: Hulu Activate Not Working: How To Fix?
4. Check for Updates.
In order for YouTube’s app to work properly on most computers and devices, the company releases timely updates. Nonetheless, you may find that the YouTube app does not work properly if you have not updated it.
After updating the app, see if the problem disappears.
The YouTube app can be updated on Android by doing the following:
- You can access the side drawer by tapping on the Menu button within Google Play Store.
- You can then check for updates by tapping My Apps & Games.
- You can update YouTube by clicking the Update button.
You can update YouTube on iOS by following the guide below.
- From your home screen, navigate to the App Store.
- From the menu, select Updates.
- The latest version of YouTube can be installed by tapping the Update button next to YouTube.
Check YouTube once more to see if the site still crashes.
You may also love to read: GE Universal Remote CL4 Codes and Programming Guide
5. Restart the App.
If YouTube Keeps Crashing, try forcing YouTube to close and relaunch it. Any temporary issues with YouTube’s resources will be resolved by this action.
YouTube can be stopped via the app switcher on Android and iOS devices with a full-screen display. Swiping upward from the bottom of the screen will reveal the application switcher. In order to remove YouTube from the list, you must drag it upward.
To access the app switcher, tap twice on the Home button if you are using an iOS device. The YouTube app can be stopped by dragging it upward.
You may also love to read: NVTC Universal Remote Codes and Setup Guide
6. Restart Your Device.
It may not have been enough to restart the app, so you can try restarting your device. You may have a problem with your operating system that causes one of your applications to malfunction.
You can restart your Android device by following the instructions below.
- Hold down the Power button for several seconds until a selection screen appears.
- Follow the instructions on-screen by tapping Restart.
- You may need to wait a few seconds for the device to restart.
Follow these steps to restart your iOS device.
- After several seconds of holding the Power button, you will see the ‘Slide to Power Off’ screen.
- You can turn off your screen by dragging the slider to the right.
- In order to turn on your device, tap again on the Power button.
If YouTube crashes again, check it again.
7. Clear Your App Cache.
If the app isn’t working correctly or YouTube Keeps Crashing, try clearing the app cache on your Android device. To improve Youtube’s performance, scripts and media files are stored in its app cache.
The app’s underlying data can, however, be corrupted when run, resulting in numerous errors.
- By opening your device, you can access the Settings app.
- Tap on Apps after scrolling down.
- From the list, select YouTube and open it.
- Select Storage from the menu.
- Last but not least, tap Clear Cache. Your Android device might have a different name and location for this button.
Check if YouTube works again after a few minutes to see if the issue has been resolved.
You may also love to read: How To Find A Music Video Without Knowing The Name
8. Reinstall the YouTube App.
If none of the methods above worked, try reinstalling the YouTube app on your device. A possible cause for the crash could have been the improper installation of the app the first time.
You can reinstall YouTube on Android by following these steps.
- Go to your home screen and look for the YouTube app.
- Open the selection screen by pressing its app icon.
- In order to uninstall YouTube, tap on Uninstall.
You will need to reinstall YouTube from the Play Store afterward.
You can delete the YouTube app from your iOS device by following the steps below.
- Find the YouTube app on your device’s home screen.
- The options menu will appear after you tap and hold its icon.
- To uninstall YouTube, tap Remove App.
- Go to the App Store and reinstall YouTube there once you’ve finished.
Having followed our guide, you now know how to fix an app on your phone that YouTube Keeps Crashing. Please feel free to share any other concerns you may have in the comment section; we’ll do our best to address them.
You may also love to read: Dishwasher Won’t Turn On?