This blog post will show you how to fix YouTube not working on Fire TV Stick using the latest method. Among these are black screen issues, restarts, buffering, and flickering. However, there are methods mentioned below to fix not working YouTube on Amazon Firestick.
The YouTube app gets hung up most often when it does not work on Amazon Fire TV Sticks. If you want to restart YouTube, you can go to Fire TV Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Force Stop; this will stop the app completely and let you restart it. Try to reconnect to the Internet if this does not work.
It may be something completely different if these suggestions do not work. Step by step, I will help you troubleshoot the most common issues.
YouTube on Amazon Firestick is great unless…
Do you like watching YouTube channels on your Amazon Fire Stick after a long day at work or at home?
There’s no doubt in my mind. YouTube is my preferred source of entertainment now more than Netflix or network television.
The question is, how do you handle a seemingly endless “buffering” screen? What should you do with the problem if (gasp) YouTube no longer works on your Amazon Firestick?
We will show you how to fix these issues fast and easily so you can enjoy YouTube again.
YouTube doesn’t work on Amazon Firestick is one of the most common errors you might encounter:
There are issues with the playback of the video: Black screens, buffering, inability to play the video.
- Audio issues: Lip sync issue (YouTuber’s voice is out of sync with their mouth movement), no sound entirely, low volume.
- Errors with the YouTube application: It will close unexpectedly when it cannot fully launch.
- Visual issues: Low frame rate, low resolution.
YouTube may not be available on your Amazon Fire Stick if it is a first-generation device and does not support YouTube. As Google and Amazon have resolved their legal disputes, YouTube can now be accessed on most Fire TVs.
Here are my six methods for fixing YouTube problems on Fire TV.
Method #1 – Check the state of your Internet connection / network
- Examine whether the internet connection is negatively affecting your phone or other devices connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- You may need to restart your router if your internet is indeed the problem. Unplug your router for 30 seconds, then plug it back in.
- You should also connect an Ethernet cable directly to your TV if possible. The connection will be faster and more secure.
If you have restarted your router but still experience networking issues, I recommend you contact your internet provider as soon as possible.
TIP: Alternatively, you can check the status of the YouTube server; it may be unavailable in your area. Although this is rare, you can use the Downdetector site to see if YouTube is down.
Method # 2 – Keep your Amazon Fire Stick updated
It is recommended that you update the software on your Amazon Fire Stick in order to ensure optimal performance. Besides preventing apps from crashing, it also improves network stability on your device.
Select My TV from the Settings menu, then select About.
You will have the option to check for updates or install updates.
Method # 3 – Restarting the Amazon Fire Stick
Restarting your Firestick is another option. Users on the Fire TV subreddit have reported that this has corrected YouTube problems on Fire TV Sticks.
- You can do this by unplugging the adapter for ten seconds and plugging it back in again.
- You can also restart your Amazon Fire Stick by going to the device’s settings, selecting My Fire TV, and then selecting Restart.
Method # 4 – YouTube App: Clear Cache, Force Stop, or Clear Data
Inspect the YouTube app to see if it needs to be fixed. You can force Stop, Clear Data, and Clear Cache by going into the Amazon Fire Stick’s application settings.
- With Force Stop, an application is stopped completely and can be restarted. Perfect for buffering. It may very well solve your problem.
- Login details and other data associated with the app are deleted when you click Clear Data. Logging in may result in strange errors.
- This will erase any cached files on the Amazon Fire Stick needed for the app to function, such as local copies of videos and thumbnail images.
YouTube user Daniel John has a video that shows you everything step-by-step:
Method # 5: After uninstalling the YouTube app, reinstall it
If none of the above steps worked, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling YouTube.
After you uninstall the app, YouTube will not remember your login details, so you will have to log in again.
YouTube should be uninstalled and reinstalled:
- To manage installed applications, navigate to Settings > Applications.
- Uninstall the application by clicking Uninstall.
- Reinstall YouTube by going to Settings > Appstore and selecting it.
Method # 6 – Reset your Amazon Fire Stick to factory settings (last resort)
In case all other options fail, try resetting your Fire TV Stick by following these steps:
⚠️ It is important to note that any customizations made to your Amazon Fire Stick since you purchased it will be lost. Your downloaded content, accounts, and saved settings will be erased when you reset your Fire Stick to factory settings.
Note: Resetting takes a few minutes.
- You can find My Fire TV under the Settings menu on your Fire TV. You will find it labelled Device or System if you have an older device.)
- Go to My Fire TV, click Reset to Factory Defaults, and then click Restore Factory Defaults.
- Once the process is complete, click Reset.
The Amazon Fire Stick can also be reset by holding down the back button and the right side of the navigation circle for 10 seconds.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can I tell if YouTube servers are active?
How fast does Amazon Fire TV require an Internet connection?
Amazon Fire TV Stick not working with YouTube Problem: Mission Accomplished?
In this guide, I hope to help you troubleshoot and fix any problems you may have encountered with YouTube not working on Amazon Fire TV Stick problem.
Do any of my methods for fixing problems related to YouTube not working on the Amazon Fire TV Stick work for you? What method worked for you?
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below about this guide on “YouTube not working on Amazon Firestick”. Now go watch your favorite YouTubers! And don’t forget to bookmark our website as well. A number of our articles discuss streaming devices like the Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Cube. We appreciate your support.
“I look forward to seeing you in the next one.”