How to solve blank screen, black screen, or no display on the PlayStation 5. However, this article has provided some of the best methods to troubleshoot the PS5 black screen issue.
Are you stuck on the PS5 black screen after boot up? Does your PS5 not display anything on the screen? Here are some solutions.
You probably bought a new TV if the PS5 does not show up on your TV with no signal detected error.
Many players face PS5 black screens when they turn on or start the game. You are not alone.
What Causes PS5 Black Screen?
The PS5 black screen issue can occur when your TV is not capable of displaying a higher resolution than your PS5. Moreover, you can follow the methods mentioned below to troubleshoot black screen issue on your PlayStation 5.
For example, say you had a TV that supports 4K resolution, but you switched to a TV that supports 1440p. It will happen because PS5 is still configured to support 4K and isn’t configured to change it to 1440p.
This problem can be solved by simply lowering the output resolution in PS5 safe mode.
Other causes include:
- A faulty HDMI cable causes the PS5 Black Screen to drop out.
- The power cable is not connected correctly, resulting in PS5 not visible on TV.
- The HDMI ports do not work.
Things To Do Before Going Applying Fixes for PS5 Black Screen
The solutions here will be useless if the HDMI cable isn’t plugged in correctly. So,
- Make sure the PS5 gets power
- It appears that the HDMI cable is correctly connected to the PS5 and TV, and there are no issues with the ports.
Read More About: Amazon Fire TV Universal Remote control codes
How To Fix PS5 Black Screen After Logo
The following fixes should help PlayStation 5 that is not showing any display, black screen, or blank screen issues.
Fix 1. Power Off PS5 and Unplug External Drives
Reddit users who were looking for a solution to the PS5 black screen confirmed that unplugging the drives while turning off the TV and PS5 fixed the problem.
Press the power button on the console for 10 seconds until you hear two beeps. Unplug all drives and devices, such as an external hard drive or headphones.
Turn the console on and launch the game to see if a black screen appears on startup.
Turn off your TV and unplug the power cable if the problem persists. Restart it after a few minutes.
Fix 2. Lower Output Resolution in PS5 Safe mode
In the PS5 black screen after the logo issue, the false resolution output is the main culprit.
To lower the resolution output, follow these steps:
- Shut Down PS5: Press the power button twice until you hear two beeps. (If the PS5 is in rest mode, power it up first and then shut it down.)
- Boot PS5 in Safe Mode: Press the power button until you hear the second beep to restart the console in safe mode.
- Connect ControllerUsing USB Cable: In Safe mode, you won’t be able to connect the controller to WiFi, so please use the wired DS4 via USB cable and press the PS button.
- Change Resolution Output: Select Change Video Output from the main screen and then press X to change the resolution.
- PS5 will restart after you confirm the changes.
You can select the maximum resolution supported by the PS5 by pressing X; the PS5 will select the suitable resolution for your TV.
Fix 3. Disable HDR, Deep color temp, and HDCP
When the PS5 boots up normally but then goes black after a few seconds, it is because you have enabled additional settings.
Disable HDR, Deep color temperature, and HDCP settings on your console.
In Settings, select Screen and Video, then turn off 4K HDR and Deep color temperature. If the issue persists, turn off HDCP as well.
The problem was solved for many users by tweaking these settings. Sometimes, there seems to be a discrepancy between your console and TV.
Fix 4. Change the HDMI Cable
If the HDMI cable between the console and TV gets damaged, you won’t be able to boot into safe mode, so you will be stuck with the PS5 black screen windows. However, a faulty or damaged HDMI cable can also cause a black screen on your PlayStation 5.
However, if the HDMI cable doesn’t work, connect it to another device, such as a desktop or laptop.
If the HDMI cable is not working, then get a new one. The PS5 is capable of delivering 4K at 120 FPS, but it requires a 2.1 HDMI cable.
Fix 5. Hard Reset Your Console to Fix PS5 stuck on black screen on startup
- Hold your finger on the power button for about 10 seconds so that it turns off completely.
- Remove the power behind the console and keep pressing the power button until there is no power. The cache will be cleared.
Connect the console to power again after this. Check if the PS5 is flashing a black screen again after turning it on for a few seconds.
Fix 6. Try Plugging PS5 into a Different TV
You can also connect the console to another TV to ensure that it is not the TV’s fault.
Contact Sony technical support if you cannot fix the PS5 black screen after the PS logo problem.
Read More Interesting Articles: