There is no doubt that smart TVs have become an integral part of our lives at home. TV plays an important role in everything from watching sports to binge-watching movies and playing video games. Due to the price as well as the features that Roku OS offers, Roku OS TVs are popular ones. In this guide, you will learn how to turn on TCL Roku TV without a remote control.
In terms of smart TV brands, TCL is one of the brands that offers TVs with Roku OS. If you lost your TCL Roku TV remote, don’t miss this guide on how to turn on TCL TV without a remote. The topic of today’s article is all about how to turn on your TCL Roku TV without a remote control.
You can learn how to turn on TCL Roku TV without a remote if you can’t use your TCL Roku TV remote for a variety of reasons. However, there is a possibility that it has been lost, broken, or that it has just been misplaced somewhere. Of course, you’ll be looking everywhere or waiting for the new replacement remote to arrive in the mail. Read along to find out how to turn on TCL Roku TV without a remote if you’ve lost yours.
Have You Ever Wondered How to Turn on TCL Roku TV without a Remote?
There is no doubt that remote controls are an integral part of TVs and are used to operate the devices. Moreover, the technology behind Smart TVs has advanced a lot over the past few years. Besides the remote control, it includes a number of other control systems as well. Even if you lost your TCL remote, you can still learn how to control or turn on your TCL Roku TV without it.
Method 1: How to turn on TCL Roku TV without a remote by pressing the Power Button on the TV.
Every TV, regardless of its brand, has a set of physical buttons for its basic functions. It may be on the sides, behind, or even on the bottom panel of the TV. The power button can be found at the bottom of TCL Roku TVs. All you have to do is press the button and you are good to go. Now that you have learned how to turn on your TCL Roku TV without a remote, your TV is not on.
Method 2: Using the Roku TV app as a remote control is one option.
- This free app can be used as a remote for Roku TV since it comes with Roku OS.
- It’s free to download and use on Android and iOS devices.
- You can turn on your TV by pressing the bottom button.
- The TCL Roku TV should automatically connect to your Wi-Fi network once you turn it on.
- Connect your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network and open the Roku app.
- At the lowest point of the app screen, click the Remote tab.
- If there are TVs on the same network, it will look for them. Select your TCL Roku TV when you find it.
- There will now be a few buttons on your cellphone’s screen that you can use to control your TCL Roku.
Method 3: Turn on the TCL Roku TV using infrared technology.
Would you like to know how to turn on your TCL Roku TV without the need for a remote just by using Infrared technology? Indeed, a TV remote uses an infrared sensor to communicate with a TV in order to control it. In recent years, you have seen a lot of Android devices that come with a built-in infrared sensor. Once you have found the right app, you will be able to control your TV right away. However, in a matter of seconds, you will be able to use almost all the other features of the device after powering it up. Mi Remote is one of the most popular apps that uses your phone’s infrared sensor (if it has one). Moreover, Google Play Store users can download Mi Remote for free and it supports a wide variety of devices.
Method 4: Turn on TCL Roku TV without a remote using Alexa commands.
You can also learn how to turn on and control your TCL Roku TV without a remote just by using Alexa commands. In order to accomplish this, Amazon Alexa, Amazon’s voice assistant, can be used. However, by utilizing the Roku Skill for Alexa, this can be achieved by using a Roku device. It should be noted, however, that this skill will only work in the following countries.
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Latin America (does not include Brazil)
You need the following things in order to be able to use this method to learn how to turn on a TCL Roku TV without using a remote control.
- Alexa enabled smart speaker or device
- Alexa Mobile app
- TCL Roku TV
- Roku Account (no surprise)
Here are the steps you need to follow to use this functionality.
- You’ll need to download Alexa’s Android or iOS app to get started.
- Tap on the three horizontal line menus at the top of the app once it has been launched.
- Choose Skills and Games from the menu.
- Type Roku in the search bar here.
- Your Alexa will be able to access the Roku Skill once you tap on Launch.
- Now you’ll be asked to sign in with your Roku account.
- The Roku account you use with your TCL Roku TV should be the same one you use to sign in.
- You can select the Roku devices that you want to use with Alexa from a list of all your Roku devices.
- You will now see a list of nearby Roku devices in your Alexa app. The TCL Roku TV should be switched on for best
- Select Continue on the Alexa app after selecting TCL Roku TV.
- The next step is to select your Alexa-enabled speaker or device.
- You can now control your TCL Roku TV with your Alexa device by tapping on Link Device.
There are a lot of commands Alexa can perform on Roku.
- Raise the Roku TV volume.
- Turn on Roku TV.
- Change the channel on Roku TV.
- Turn off Roku TV.
Method 5: You can use your PS4 to turn on your TCL Roku TV without using a remote.
- The TCL Roku TV can be turned on by using your PS4 and it is a very simple and easy thing to do.
- The HDMI input on the TCL Roku TV can be used to connect your PS4.
- You can switch on the TV by pressing its power button.
- Navigate to System Settings from the Settings menu on your PS4.
- Select the checkbox next to Enable HDMI Device Link.
- You can now turn off your PS4 and TCL Roku TV.
- Turn on PS4 while both devices are off.
- Upon turning on the PS4, your TCL Roku TV will also turn on.
Method 6: Make use of the Nintendo Switch to turn on Roku TV without using a remote.
If you want to learn how to turn on the TCL Roku TV without using a remote, you will need a Nintendo Dock.
- Connect your Nintendo Switch to your TV’s display port by plugging it into the dock.
- The TV can be powered on by pressing the bottom button.
- Select the System Settings option on your Nintendo Switch.
- The TV settings can now be selected.
- Select Match Power State from the right side menu.
- Turn off your TV and switch it on with the Power State option selected.
- The TCL Roku TV should automatically turn on when you turn on the switch.
- Here are different ways to figure out how to turn your TCL Roku TV on without a remote.
After you have learned how to turn the TCL Roku TV on without the use of a remote, you should be able to take care of business. Indeed, it is best to order a replacement remote if you do not find your misplaced remote, otherwise it is best to order a new one.