Are you planning to purchase a TCL TV soon or have you ever owned one? It is important to learn how to troubleshoot common problems on your TCL TV in case you have encountered them. Additionally, the problem with your TCL TV may arise if its getting old.
Table of Contents
These are the 11 most common TCL TV problems!
TCL TV Common Problems: Internet disconnects from TCL TV
The most common problem faced by TCL TV users is the inability to connect to the Internet due to technical problems. In most cases, the solutions to this issue are the same for all TV brands, so you don’t have to worry.
It is crucial to determine whether the problem is caused by the router or TV if you have Wi-Fi problems with your TCL TV. The distance between the TV and router can contribute to an unstable Wi-Fi connection.
- Connectivity is best when the TV and router are close to each other.
If the distance between the TV and router is a problem, it might be a good idea to consider Wi-Fi repeaters to boost the Wi-Fi signal in your home.
If the distance isn’t an issue, or you already have a good connection from where you are, then the TV or router must be at fault.
Check if you can stream videos from services like YouTube by connecting your computer or smartphone to the Wi-Fi network.
The most likely reason why you are not able to stream videos is that your router is at fault.
Once your router has been turned off, unplugged, and restarted, try turning it back on.
In the event that you are still unable to connect, it appears that your Internet provider is experiencing problems. You should consult your provider if you are experiencing technical difficulties.
Disconnect any idle devices and check if your TV can connect to Wi-Fi if your device can.
- Your Wi-Fi network is most likely overcrowded if you can connect after disconnecting inactive devices.
- Manufacturers differ in how many devices can be connected to Wi-Fi routers.
TCL TV might not be able to connect to the Internet because of your device.
Here are some options:
- You can forget the Wi-Fi network by opening your network settings.
- After two minutes, turn off the TV, unplug it from the power source, and restart it.
Start the TV and connect to the Internet once it has booted up.
There is a chance that a factory reset will restore Internet connectivity on your TV if these steps do not work for you.
An error code 012 or 013 is displayed on TCL Roku TVs
One of the most common problems in TCL TV can be traced to the Ethernet cable if you encounter these error codes.
These error codes can be easily fixed by following these steps.
- Ensure that Ethernet cable is properly plugged in to your device.
- Make sure your router is working properly by checking it.
- Reconnect the cable after disconnecting it
- Make sure the router and TV are both restarted.
You may need to consult your Internet service provider before bringing your TCL TV to be repaired if these common problems persist.
Roku TVs by TCL have problems mirroring laptops
In order to access compatible apps on your Roku TV, you need to adjust the Screen Mirroring settings. On TCL TVs, you can adjust three settings:
- 1st Option: Accept.
- 2nd Option: Always Accept.
- 3rd Option: Always Ignore for the device.
You should go to Settings, System, Screen Mirroring, and then Screen Mirroring Devices. Ensure that the TV is set to “Always Accept” the laptop or mirroring device you are using.
Resetting the Wi-Fi router may be the solution if these common problems still persist on the TCL TV.
The most common problem with TCL TV is constant app crashing
You might not expect an app to crash at the most inconvenient time. When you launch the app every time, it will crash upon boot-up or while it is in use, every time you launch it.
It is important for you to start by clearing the cache on your TCL TV, which is the first thing you need to do.
You can clear the cache on TCL TVs using Roku by following these steps:
- Select Home from the Five times press the Home button.
- You need to press up.
- Twice press the Rewind button.
- Twice press the Fast Forward button.
- After 30 seconds, your TV’s cache can be cleared.
You must clear the cache in each app on TCL TVs with Android.
It’s as simple as this:
- You can access the Settings menu by pressing the Home button
- Select the apps you wish to clear the cache for in the Apps menu
- In the options, select Clear Cache and press OK
A corrupted file occasionally causes the app to crash, resulting in consistent crashes. Reinstalling the app after uninstalling it, rebooting, and reinstalling it is the best fix in this case.
The audio does not sync with the video
As a matter of fact, it is very common for TCL TV to encounter various problems in which the audio and the video are not synced together in one way or another.
An important step in dealing with one of the most common problems of TCL TV is to identify where the problem arises so that it can be resolved properly.
A poor-quality video file can result in unsynchronized audio.
- To test whether the video synchronizes, pause and restart it.
- The video is likely to be at fault if it doesn’t synchronize.
- Try setting your TV’s audio settings to PCM-Stereo to see if that helps.
- Try rebooting the TV if the audio remains out of sync even with PCM-Stereo turned on.
Changing streaming services may help if you experience a delay.
- Streaming video on a smartphone or computer might also reveal a delay at this stage.
- The streaming platform or your Internet connection may be the culprit if there is a delay on other devices as well.
- Try cycling through different channels when experiencing unsynchronized audio when watching cable, satellite, or free TV.
Those who use soundbars should connect the speakers to another TV audio output.
- The built-in speakers on the TV may help you determine whether there is a delay.
- For ARC and eARC soundbars, firmware updates may also be needed to resolve unsynchronized audio.
One of the most common problems with TCL TVs is audio echoing
There is a possibility that you will experience echo when you use external speakers with your TCL TV.
In the case of a simultaneous operation of the internal and external speakers, this echo can occur.
If you want to solve this TCL TV problem, you need to deactivate one of the speakers connected in order to prevent them from blasting at the same time.
The sound on the TCL TV is not working
You must look into different sources if your TCL TV does not have sound, but shows videos, in order to determine where the problem lies, if there is one.
- Don’t let your TV be on mute or at a low volume, as it may seem obvious.
- You may want to check other videos or apps for any audio issues if the problem occurs while streaming a video from an app.
- You can try rebooting your TV if other apps do not have sound.
- There is a possibility that the video file on a USB storage device may have an encoding problem.
- Change the video source and the file to see if it works.
- If you are using a DVI, Y, PB or PR connection, you still need to connect the device’s audio output to the L and R jacks.
- You need to route your TV’s audio output to your computer’s HDMI port if you use your TV as a monitor.
- Check the cables of HDMI devices, such as Blu-ray players and gaming consoles, if the problem occurs. If the volume of these devices is muted or low, you should adjust the volume.
Pictures are not available on TCL TVs
There are various reasons why TCL LED TVs lack picture quality, and these problems are also quite common.
It is important to check your cable connections when watching content from external devices, such as Blu-ray players. TVs have multiple HDMI inputs, so make sure your TV is connected to the right source.
Check your cables as well because you might need to replace a faulty HDMI or video cable. Check your streaming apps if the problem persists if there is no video and no devices plugged in.
You may not be able to see the images from the USB drive if your TV does not recognize the video codec of the file.
A lack of video on the screen may cause you to have trouble navigating your TV.
You may have a malfunctioning display if you still do not see any video. Professional repair services should be consulted.
There is pixelation in the image
Occasionally, your TV screen may display pixelation, which distorts the images. Interference or weak Internet signals are often responsible for this problem.
Make sure your cables are not defective and are not affecting the image quality.
TCL TV Common Problems: How to fix a TCL Roku TV that won’t turn on
Your TCL TV may experience common power problems if you are using the Roku system.
There are several factors that can cause this problem on TCL TV, so you should be able to resolve it on your own in most cases.
First of all, you need to check the remote control’s battery to see if it is functioning properly.
- A simple battery replacement may be all that’s needed.
- Use the switch behind the screen to turn on the TV manually if it does not turn on automatically.
- If this happens, it may be time to replace the batteries in your remote!
Trying the power input next is the next step.
- The TV can be plugged into another outlet without a power strip to see if it works.
An authorized repair shop should check the power supply if it still won’t turn on and the LED doesn’t light.
The remote control for the TCL Roku TV is not working
In most cases, a malfunctioning remote control is the cause of TV common problems for TCL Roku users.
In the case of TCL TV, there are two different remote controls you can choose from: enhanced and standard. If you don’t know which remote control you have, check the battery cover for a small button.
The enhanced remote can be pointed anywhere when the pairing button is present.
A standard remote control can also be used if you prefer.
Check that no barriers are blocking the remote’s line of sight to the TV before troubleshooting.
If there is no action made after pressing the power button, you need to aim and press it again. Replacement of the battery is recommended if the battery does not work.
If you want to test the Standard Remote, you could also use an Infrared Emitter Test.
- To conduct this test, you’ll need a smartphone with an LED display or a digital camera with no lights.
- Your digital camera or smartphone camera should be pointed at the remote control tip.
- On your phone or camera, hold down a button and check the display.
- When you hold the button, a purple light appears, meaning your remote control is working, but your TV’s IR receiver needs to be repaired.
- Any defective remote control must be replaced.
If you are using the Enhanced Remote Control, you must do the following:
- New batteries should be replaced.
- Restarting the TV and remote is recommended.
- Pairing the remote control with the TV must be done again.
TCL TVs: Their advantages and disadvantages
The price of TCL TVs is reasonable When you consider how much big name brands cost, you may be surprised by how much cheaper TCL TVs are.
They offer even their flagship models at a lower price than big-name brands’ budget televisions.
Did you know that TCL is among the top five TV brands in terms of market share? Its reputation speaks for itself.
TCL TV Common Problems: An overview of operating system options
With TCL TVs, you can choose between Android or Roku as the operating system. One of these systems is installed on dedicated TV models.
A wide range of apps is available on each of the operating systems, making them excellent choices.
Due to this, you will have more options within your budget.
There are soundbars that are integrated into TCL TVs
In order to provide superior sound quality, TCL TVs come with soundbars that are integrated into the TV.
The fact that these speakers are not ordinary speakers is important to note.
They come with woofers, so you get all you need to set up an excellent home theater system in your home.
It can be summed up by saying that TCL offers a remarkable audio-video experience.
TVs made by TCL have a number of disadvantages
- Other brands offer warranty coverage of 18 or 24 months, while this brand offers only 12 months.
- Until now, TCL hasn’t produced a TV with all the features you would expect from a premium TV.