TVs from TCL are among the most popular low-budget models on the market. Despite its high-quality viewing experience and long lifespan, its models may still malfunction from time to time. What can you do if your TCL Roku TV won’t turn on properly? Is there anything you can do?
Verify that all the cords are properly connected if your TCL Roku TV won’t turn on. Next, you must unplug your TV and press and hold the power button for 2 minutes. After that, it is imperative that you plug it back in. You can also press and hold the reset button located on the back of your TV if this does not work.
It is not the end of the world if you have already tried these steps, but they did not work. If the problem can’t be solved by buying a new TV, there are several other options you can use to solve ‘TCL Roku TV won’t turn on’ issue.
How can you fix a TCL Roku TV that won’t turn on? Check out the following section to learn how you can get it working again.
How to Fix a TCL TV Won’t Turn On Problem?
TCL televisions, when it comes to durability, are as durable as most other models on the market, lasting about ten years if they are used constantly. The televisions, however, do not operate flawlessly and may occasionally malfunction.
It may be possible that your TCL TV won’t turn on, and here’s what you can do to diagnose and fix the problem.
1. You should check the connections of all the cable cords:
You should check the power cable of your television as one of the first things you should do. Ensure that your TV’s power cord is plugged in if the cable is not properly connected to the TV or the power outlet.
It is possible that the problem is caused by the extension cord or surge suppressor you are using. It is recommended that you connect the television to a different outlet in this case.
While you’re back there, make sure all other connections to your TCL TV are snug and secure. There are times when I like to disconnect every single cord, one by one, and reconnect them all at once. When I do this, I’m reassured that everything is connected properly.
You should make sure that you pay particular attention to the HDMI cords, as they tend to cause the most problems when they aren’t properly connected.
Once this has been done, you are now able to turn your TV on.
In the unlikely event that the TCL TV still won’t turn on, there is no need to be concerned. Here are a few additional steps you can follow if the issue persists.
2. Try power cycling your TV:
You should initiate a power cycle as the last thing you can do before getting your television serviced. During this process, you will remove all the electricity from the TV in order to enable it to restart itself.
The steps listed below will guide you through the process:
- Make sure the TV is unplugged from the power supply.
- The TV can be turned on by simply pressing the ‘On’ button on TV (not the remote control). Drain the TV’s capacitors by holding it down for at least 2 minutes.
- Plug the TV back in after you have done this.
- The TV should now be able to be turned on normally.
You should consider getting the TV serviced if your TV hasn’t turned on yet.
You can contact TCL’s customer support department for more information about the validity of your warranty. In the event that it is, then getting it repaired will not cost you a penny.
3. You will have to reset the TV:
TCL TVs have a light that indicates whether they are in standby mode or not. If it is properly connected to the television, this light will indicate whether the TV is on or off.
Additionally, you can also use it to see if there is a problem with the TV or any other related issue with it.
In the event that you press the On button and the status light blinks, but the TCL TV still won’t turn on, there are a few steps you need to follow:
- You will need to ensure that your TV is connected to a power source.
- The reset button is usually located on the back panel, just below the USB port and HDMI port, and there is a small hole in the panel.
- Using a paper clip or something similar is the best way to press it. You will need to hold it for about 30 seconds and after that you will be able to release it.
- As soon as you have done that, try turning on your TV.
Attempt to press the reset button several times without holding it down if the problem persists. This should take you about thirty seconds.
It is important to note that your TV will reset, so you will have to log into all your streaming accounts again once you do.
4. Choose the source you wish to connect to the TV:
Because you are using the wrong input source, your TCL TV won’t turn on. In order for your TCL TV to function properly, you must choose the correct input source.
Therefore, regardless of whether you are using a streaming device, DVD player, or cable box, you should ensure that the source/input on the TV is the same number as the HDMI port. For example, I’ll show you how to turn your TV to HDMI 2 in the following example.
There are two methods that you can use to select the correct input source:
Method 1 – Using the remote control to enable the input source
- Firstly, make sure your TV is on.
- Press the Source button on your remote control to enable the input source.
- You can then select which input mode you would like to use.
Method 2 – Switch input sources without using a remote.
- Simply switch your TV on.
- Press MENU at top left corner of the screen.
- Press the volume button to select the source.
- Select the input source by pressing the menu button at the top left corner.
You can select the input source on some TVs by pressing a button on the back or side.
Typical TCL TV problems are listed below:
TCL TVs can suffer from some technical issues. I have found that dealing with these issues isn’t difficult, but they can become a nuisance after a while. Here are a few of the most common problems that you might encounter with your TCL TV.
The backlight of your TCL TV is out:
LED TVs display images by using LED backlights to display images. In the event, however, that one of the LEDs does not work properly, the TV will not turn on.
Hence, it is possible to replace the defective LED manually if that is the case. Although, we do not recommend using this method unless you have experience with it. A repair of this device is a tricky one, which can take a lot of time and effort.
I think it would be a wiser decision in this situation if we sent the TV to have it serviced.
TCL TV cannot access the Internet:
TCL TVs have smart interfaces, which can be used to access different streaming services, such as Netflix and Prime Video. You will not be able to enjoy much content, however, if the TV is constantly disconnected from the internet.
The following steps can be followed if you are having connectivity issues with your TCL TV:
- Make sure that the problem is not with your router, but with your TV. You can test this by connecting another device to the internet. If the TV connects successfully, it is most likely the TV itself that is at fault.
- It is also important to verify that the problem is not caused by the distance between the router and the TV. The WiFi on your smartphone can be used in the same room where you watch TV.
- The router may need to be closer to the television if it does not work. Or you can buy a WiFi extender if the WiFi isn’t working.
- You may need to reboot your TV and router if the ‘TCL TV won’t turn on’ problem still persists.
Having trouble with apps
A recurrent problem with TCL TVs is that the apps crash while they are being used or while they are being launched.
In case that happens to you, you should clear the cache of the apps on your TV:
- To do so, you should press the Home button on your remote control.
- You will see an option called Settings.
- Select the Apps option.
- Next, you will need to decide which apps you want to delete, and you can choose all of them if you want the best results.
- Click on the Clear Cache button.
- Click on the OK button.
- You will now need to restart your TV.
It is important to note that this method is limited to TCL TVs with Android operating systems. Having deleted your app cache, you will need to sign into all of your streaming services again.
When To Buy A TCL TV?
The TVs from TCL have a lifespan of 7 to 10 years, but malfunctions can occur before the end of the seven to ten year period.
Whenever you think your TV is too old, or if the cost of repairing it is too high for you, you should consider buying a new one.
If you look at sites like Amazon, eBay, or Best Buy, you can find high-quality TCL TVs for under 500 USD.
TCL TV won’t turn on? The good news is that you don’t need to worry if this happens to you. A number of ways can be taken to fix the issue ‘TCL TV won’t turn on’ without having to send it to a service center.
Here are some ideas on how to do it:
- Be sure that the TV’s power cord, as well as all other cords for that matter, are properly connected.
- It would also be a good idea to perform a power cycle on your TCL TV. Simply disconnect the TV and press the On button continuously for two minutes straight. Upon completion of this process, you can connect the TV and you’re good to go.
- Use the status light to check the TV’s status. If you see the light blink, but the TCL TV won’t turn on, then you need to reset the TV. The easiest way to do this is to locate the Reset button on the back of the TV and hold the button for 30 seconds.
- Check the input source of the TV before proceeding.
If you’ve tried all of these steps and your TCL TV still won’t turn on, you might consider sending it in for repair or just buying a new one.
If you have any queries regarding the troubleshooting of your TCL TV, please get in touch with us.