With outstanding features and excellent picture quality, the TCL Roku is an excellent smart TV at an affordable price. You’re likely to have the only problem with this brand, and that’s the TCL Roku TV remote control not working.
There may not be a clear path between your TCL Roku TV remote and your TV if your remote is not working. The TCL Roku TV remote may also stop working if the batteries are weak or dead. If you reset your remote, repair it, and use an HDMI extender, you might be able to get it to work again.
You don’t have to be an expert to troubleshoot a TCL Roku TV remote control that is not working. You’ll find several tricks and hacks below that will get your remote back to working.
Table of Contents
Does it seem possible that there might be a reason behind why the TCL Roku TV Remote Not Working?
There are always going to be issues with TV remote controls, just like with any other piece of technology. However, you may find that your Roku TV remote does not work when you least expect it, and without warning.
Below is a list of some of the possible reasons why your TCL Roku TV remote control is not working.
A TCL Roku TV remote with a dead or weak battery is not working.
There is a possibility that your television or Roku box will not be able to receive signals if your batteries are dying. There is no response to your TCL Roku TV no matter how hard you try.
Replace the batteries with new ones in order to check if this is the case.
It is also possible to test the remote batteries in another gadget that uses the same size battery as the remote batteries. In addition, replace the batteries immediately if they are not charged.
TCL Roku TV remote control and TV are separated by obstacles.
Occasionally, the remote works properly, but signals do not reach your Roku TV due to obstacles.
Between the remote control and the Roku TV, there should be a clear path for the remote control to follow.
Using a TV remote control, you send an infrared signal to the TV to change channels, adjust volume, or make other adjustments.
Any object blocking infrared light from the remote will prevent your TV from responding.
To ensure optimal performance, make sure your remote’s path is clear, and point it directly at the TV’s sensor.
The remote control for your TCL Roku TV needs to be unpaired.
When you purchase your TCL Roku TV, you will have to pair it with the remote before you can begin to use it. As a matter of fact, most remote controls come from the factory or the supplier already paired to your TV.
There is however a possibility that the remote may become unpaired and unresponsive when dialed. However, unpairing is usually caused by system updates, network changes, low power, and technical difficulties.
You’ll need to pair your TCL Roku TV remote with your Roku box again if it’s unpaired. I’ll walk you through it.
- Firstly, it is essential to unplug the power source from the Roku TV box in order to do this.
- Secondly, you will need to wait approximately ten seconds for the process to complete.
- Then, connect your Roku TV box to the TV and turn it on.
- It will take a few seconds for the home page to load.
- In the remote’s battery compartment or on its front, you will find the pairing button.
- For approximately five seconds, hold down the pairing button on the remote until the remote starts blinking.
- Roku TVs from TCL have a problem with the remote sensor.
There’s an infrared pointer on older TCL Roku TV remotes, unlike modern ones that use your Wi-Fi connection.
It is important to check the sensor for dust or damage if your TCL Roku TV remote is not working abruptly.
You might be able to fix the problem by wiping the sensor to ensure it transmits signals to your TV if it is blocked by dirt.
It may be necessary to replace the pointer or purchase a new remote control if the pointer is damaged.
The TCL Roku TV Remote has been damaged by sweat, dirt, gunk, or lotion.
A TCL Roku TV remote may be slow to respond or not respond at all if it has been exposed to sweat, hand lotion, or dirt.
It is possible to accumulate dirt, sweat, and lotion between and underneath the buttons of your remote control as you continue to use it.
As you can see, removing dirt buildup is relatively easy and all that needs to be done is to shake your remote a little bit. Here’s how it works.
- The TV should be unplugged directly from the wall outlet.
- The initial action that needs to be done is to take out the batteries from the remote control.
- Release the power button after 15 seconds of pressing it.
- Pat or whack the remote multiple times while pressing every single button.
- Step 4 should be repeated several times.
- The remote should be tested after the batteries have been reinstalled.
This is a guide on how to troubleshoot and fix TCL Roku TV Remote That is Not Working.
If your TCK Roku TV remote isn’t working, it might be dead batteries, obstructions, or blocked sensors. Moreover, there are other reasons your TCK Roku TV remote may not be working besides these.
You might not be able to use your remote even after replacing your batteries, clearing all obstructions, and pairing your device.
Comprehensive troubleshooting is necessary to determine what is causing this.
The following section will cover troubleshooting and fixing a TCL Roku TV remote that’s not working. The steps are as follows.
TCL Roku TV interference should be checked on HDMI.
The HDMI streaming stick that comes with some TCL Roku TV models must be connected directly to the TV’s HDMI port.
Moreover, TCL admits that these sticks might have slight HDMI interference issues, preventing the remote from working.
It is better to use an HDMI cable extender rather than connecting the streaming stick to your TV’s HDMI port.
By positioning the Roku stick far from the TV, the extender will help reduce interference.
For customers facing this issue, TCL offers free HDMI cable extenders, but you have to apply and fill out an application form.
Some issues need to be resolved in the Roku TV app.
It may be that your remote control seems to be working fine, but your TV is not responding, in which case you should check the Roku app. However, you might not be able to control the TV with the remote control due to software issues.
There is no need to worry because TCL provides regular software updates for their Roku App, which is a great feature. Moreover, various bugs and issues, which may otherwise prevent your TCL Roku TV remote from working, may be fixed by these updates.
Your TCL Roku TV remote is not working, so you may have to update your Roku TV app on your smartphone. Below are the steps for updating the Roku TV app.
- Firstly, the most crucial thing you need to do is download the Roku app for your smartphone and install it on your device.
- Secondly, allow the “discovery” process to complete after installation.
- Then, you can connect your Roku box by tapping its name in the list on your phone.
- You can access the smartphone app by pressing the “Home” button.
- You will need to navigate to “Settings”.
- You will be required to click on “System”.
- Choose the option “System Update”.
- To check for the latest updates, click “Check Now”.
- The app needs to be updated.
There’s a good chance that this will resolve the issue, but if not, proceed to the next tip!
Here is a guide on how to troubleshoot your WiFi connection if your TCL Roku TV remote is not working.
However, for some functions, your Roku TV remote requires a functioning network, even though it does not require an internet connection.
Roku remotes can only connect to Roku players with an active internet connection.
You will not be able to use your remote to connect to streaming apps if your WiFi is down.
For troubleshooting WiFi issues, try rebooting your router or resetting your IP address. In addition, it may be advisable for you to contact your Internet Service Provider depending on the complexity of the issue.
It is crucial to know that there are other effective ways to fix TCL Roku TV Remote That is Not Working.
Using the remote control on your TCL Roku TV, you need to reset it.
Another problem with TCL Roku TV remotes is the slow and delayed response time. Moreover, in some cases, you may press your remote only for it to take 3-5 seconds longer to respond after pressing it. It may happen that it does not respond at all at times, and this may be a problem.
Several of these issues can be resolved by resetting your Roku TV remote control, including a sluggish response and unresponsive buttons.
As a matter of fact, the whole process is very simple and here are the steps you need to follow.
- The remote control will need to be unplugged from the wall and the batteries removed.
- Hold down the remote’s power button for roughly fifteen seconds.
- Batteries should be reinstalled.
- The remote control should be tested.
- The TCL Roku TV drains a lot of power.
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to perform a hard reset on your Roku TV in order to resolve issues with the remote.
- It is of the utmost importance to ensure that your TV is unplugged from the power source.
- For approximately 15 seconds, hold down the power button on your TV.
- Wall outlets should be plugged into the TV.
- The remote control must be tested by turning on the TV.
- It is time to replace your TCL Roku TV remote control.
It might be necessary to replace your TCL Roku TV remote if none of the above solutions work. It is fortunately not expensive to replace a remote control. In case of a crisis, you may even want to buy two more spare remote controls.
A TCL Roku TV remote is not of the highest quality, and as a result, they often stop working after a short period of time. It’s easy to fix.
- Firstly, new batteries should be replaced with old ones.
- Secondly, the remote signal should not be blocked by any obstacles.
- Then, your Roku remote needs to be repaired.
- The remote sensor should be cleaned of dirt and dust.
- Make sure every remote button is pressed in and out multiple times.
- If possible, use an HDMI extender to prevent interference.
- Make sure the Roku app software is up-to-date.
- There is a need to reset your WiFi network.
- There is something amiss with your Roku remote and it needs to be reset.
- The TCL Roku TV needs to be hard reset.
- The TCL Roku TV remote can be replaced with a new one.
Do you have any idea what you can do to fix your TCL Roku remote that is not working? Let me know how you did it in the comments section below if you did!