In this day and age, there are many features on remote controls, and more features usually mean more problems. There is an easy fix for the Blue light on the Firestick remote control that may be flashing in this case.
What does the blue light on your Firestick remote mean and how do you fix it?
Your Firestick remote’s blue light indicates that you have activated Alexa by pressing the microphone button. It is now actively listening for commands from Alexa. You can turn off your Firestick by removing the batteries from the remote, unplugging it, and waiting 25 seconds before plugging it back in.
Now, Firesticks come with Alexa built-in.
Right out of the box, Firestick remotes come with Alexa voice assistant and a built-in microphone.
You can use voice commands to control your TV directly from your Firestick device, adding a whole lot of functionality.
Getting to the show/movie you want to watch is no longer as time-consuming as clicking endlessly through the home screen.
You can say the title of the show or movie by pressing the mic button on the remote.
You can even find out the weather and the score of your favorite team’s game with the Firestick remote.
A blue light on the Firestick remote indicates that Alexa is listening.
You are probably familiar with the blue light on Firestick remote that indicates the device has been activated and is now ready to receive commands from you.
Amazon Echo devices display a ring of blue light when you say “Hey Alexa” to them, which indicates that they are listening.
The Amazon Firestick remote doesn’t require a wake-word to become active, but instead listens whenever you hold down the microphone button.
A blue light will flash after you press the microphone button, indicating that you can now use your firestick remote to make voice-commands.
How to turn off the blinking blue light on firestick remote
Follow these steps to turn off your Firestick remote if its blue light blinks constantly:
- Ensure your remote’s batteries are removed.
- Disconnect both the Firestick device and the power cord.
- Let the Firestick sit for about 20 seconds before reconnecting it.
- Reinstall the remote batteries after the device has fully booted up.
- Lastly, you need to hold the home button for six seconds in order to fix blue light on firestick remote.
Amazon provides the same advice above when first dealing with a firestick remote that continuously flashes blue.
In case the previous advice does not work for you, you can try restarting the device.
- For this, you will need to hold down both the Play/Pause and Select buttons simultaneously for about five seconds.
- This will reset the device.
- Unplug the power adapter directly from the Firestick remote. Allow the device to sit unplugged for at least a minute if the blue light on firestick remote is still blinking.
- Plug it back in after a minute has passed.
In the event you are still experiencing the same problem, I would repeat all of these steps. The issue should now be resolved.
Do you still have trouble?
The article I wrote about 5 ways to fix a broken Firestick remote may be helpful if you still can’t get rid of that blue light on your firestick remote.
If you follow each of the five steps in order, as I describe them in the post, you should be able to get remote working back on track.
After downloading the Amazon Fire TV app, you may need to unpair and repair the remote, but only if everything else fails.
Voice commands for the Firestick remote.
It’s possible to control your TV with a variety of voice commands using the Firestick remote.
I won’t repeat them all since they have already been well documented, but here are some of my favorites.
- Switch TVs on and off.
- Hit play and pause.
- Choose a video from your video library.
- Select a movie from your video library.
- Click “Watch this” to add it to your watchlist.
- Show me the weather, please.
It’s a game changer to have Alexa built into Fire TV.
So I now use voice commands to interact with my TV about 90% of the time because it is just so much easier than using the remote control.
Amazon now includes Alexa in its Firestick remotes. Instead of typing the title of a show/movie letter-by-letter, you can use voice commands to control your TV.
The remote control’s microphone button can be pressed and held to activate Alexa. A blue light should appear on the firestick remote.
The blue light on the firestick remote is an indication that the remote is listening for voice commands from the firestick.
Sometimes this blue light on firestick remote won’t go away.
Take the batteries out of the remote, unplug the Firestick, and reset the device to see if that turns off the flashing blue light.
It is possible to manually repair the remote by downloading the Amazon Fire TV app, unpairing it, and then pairing it again.
- Samsung TV Blue Screen? – Here is How To Fix Updated Guide 2022
- Amazon Fire Stick YouTube Problem – Here is How to Fix It 
- How to listen to music on a plane? Multiple Easy Methods 2022
- ALEXA FIRE TV CUBE COMMANDS LIST [2022 UPDATED COMMANDS]
- Smart TV With Alexa Built In – The 3 Best Smart TVs of 2022