What is causing my TV to stuck on one channel?
An unresponsive digital box, a faulty remote control, or a faulty main board can all cause a TV to get stuck on one channel.
- Wear and tear on the remote
- Remote battery life is low
- The receiver and remote are interfering with each other
- Your area may not have access to the channel
- Your favourite list does not contain the channel
- You have the channel locked
- There is no response from the digital box
- Main board malfunction
Wear and tear on the remote
A malfunctioning remote should be checked first when a channel refuses to change. Before you panic, pay attention to the remote; there is something wrong with the TV. A majority of us do not pay attention to the remote in the right manner.
In addition, the remotes are not made from the most durable materials and can be subjected to wear and tear over time. Any button on the remote will light up, so if you are not getting the remote to light up when you press a particular button to change channels, then that is a problem.
Read More About: RCA Remote Codes Tips and Setup Guide
Remote Battery Might Be Dead
Other problems with remotes include the fact that they can drain batteries much faster than expected. However, this may be fixed by replacing the batteries from the back.
The receiver and the remote emit interference.
Make sure nothing is blocking the TV receiver or the remote control. In addition, the new remote will not be able to change channels if the digital box is unable to receive the signal.
You may not have access to all channels
It may be that the channel you are trying to change to is not offered by your service provider. In addition, it is possible that your current subscription pack does not include the channel of your choice.
The channel may not be on your favorites list.
There are various lists of favorite channels, and the channel you are selecting is probably not on that particular list.
You probably have Channel Lock enabled.
You would have to deactivate the channel lock in order to change the channel again.
The digital box does not respond
Digital boxes that are unresponsive as a result of internal damage can be the root cause of the problem.
A malfunctioning TV
It is probably time to contact the cable company once you have exhausted all the possible solutions that can be fixed at home. If the TV is completely malfunctioning, then you will have no control over it.
How do I fix a TV on which channels are stuck or not changing?
The first step in repairing a TV whose channels don’t change would be to identify what is causing the problem. It may not always be the TV itself that is causing the problem. There is a possibility that you are having a problem with your remote control or a digital box that has gone out.
You can use the buttons on the receiver:
- On the receiver, press the channel change button to change the channel. You will see these buttons delineated by arrows on the receiver.
- If you are able to reach your preferred channel, there’s a good chance your remote is malfunctioning or the batteries are dead.
Check the receiver for malfunctions.
- The TV must be turned off.
- Disconnect and reconnect the receiver.
- Switch on the TV.
- By pressing the receiver’s buttons, try changing the channels with the receiver’s buttons.
Read More About: RCA Universal Remote Codes For TV, Cable And DVD
Edit your favorite channel list
- Type the channel number into the keypad on the remote control. In case this changes the channel to your preferred channel, this is a very dangerous sign, so you need to adjust the list of your favorite channels.
- The guide button can be found on your remote control.
- Then you will be able to see which favorite list you are on, and you can move to the channels tab. Make sure you edit your list accordingly.
How to unlock TV screen
- Make sure you enter the password if your television has one.
- If your TV has specific steps for unlocking channels, you can find this information in the system manual.
Here’s how to fix a Samsung TV that is stuck on one channel
In most cases, UE32K5500AWXXH and later models that are updated to the latest software fix such issues by reverting to factory settings. However, be sure that the remote does not malfunction before you do this.
If the remote is working properly, follow these instructions:
- Press the home button on your remote.
- Click on settings.
- Select support.
- Scroll down to self-diagnosis.
- Click on reset.
- Enter your pin to confirm.
How to fix a Vizio TV that is stuck on one channel
An issue with the EEPROM memory of a Vizio TV or a malfunctioning main board can cause the TV to get stuck on one channel. The television’s mainboard must be replaced if it is faulty.
For the Vizio M3D470KDE and E371VL TV models, there are the same options for resolving this issue. The most common way to fix a TV that is stuck on one channel is to reset the system.
- Turn the television off.
- Make sure the device is unplugged.
- Wait 40 seconds before re-starting it.
- Reconnect it after 15 minutes.
- As soon as the TV comes back on, hold down the power button.
- If it changes channels now, then it is working correctly.
Fix LG TV stuck on one channel
A faulty main board, dead batteries, or interference in the signal can cause LG TVs to become stuck on one channel.
No matter if you own an older model LG TV like the LG 42LH45YD or something completely different, such as a brand new TV, it will not make a difference.
To narrow down the possibilities, you can take the most obvious steps.
- For instance, you can check if the batteries are working properly. There is a high probability that your remote has become outdated if you’re using an older TV.
- Check that neither the receiver nor the remote sensor are blocked.
- In the case of a relatively new TV, you can try auto-tuning. The smart button, which looks like a house, must be pressed on the remote. You can choose auto-tuning from the settings.
How to fix a Insignia TV that is stuck on one channel
Some Insignia TV models, like the NS-50L260A13, can get stuck on a specific channel. Indeed, it is possible to fix Insignia TVs that get stuck on one channel by switching to a universal remote. If the remote is not the issue, then the fault lies with the main board inside the TV.
Here are some steps that you should take into consideration if you have a newer model:
- Turn off all other devices connected to the TV.
- Check the remote battery.
- Clean the receiver and the TV’s sensor if necessary.
- Turn on the device again.
- Reset the device to its factory settings.
Read more about: ABC Channel on DIRECTV? – Updated Guide 2022
What to do if your Xfinity TV is stuck on one channel
You should check the buttons on your Xfinity remote, as well as the batteries, if you have one.
If you are using an universal remote control, make sure it works properly before you begin making adjustments to the TV. For those of you who have a voice remote like the XR11, please follow the steps below to reset it.
- Press and hold the triangle A button for 3 seconds while simultaneously pressing and holding the diamond D button.
- If the light has turned green, you are done.
- At this point, press and hold the 9 8 1 button.
- After the remote has been reset, the LED light will blink three times in blue color, indicating that it has been reset.
Fixing a DirecTV remote that is stuck on one channel
If your DirectTV remote is stuck on one channel, the first thing you need to do is figure out whether you have the Universal remote or the Genie remote. When the remote doesn’t work, you’ll have to take the necessary steps to fix it.
It is a standard solution for both types of remote control to check the battery that has been placed inside of it.
Most of the time, it is actually the battery’s fault that prevents the remote from working properly and is actually the cause of the problem.
Following are the steps you need to take to fix the problem:
- When you press any button on the remote control, you should see a solid green light. Moreover, the solid green light indicates that your batteries are in good condition.
- As the battery is near the end of its lifespan, we need to replace it.
- If you see no light or a slow blinking light on your remote, then your remote’s battery is either dead or dying. Insert two new batteries into the remote. Check now to see if your channel has changed.
Use Universal Remote Control
- Ensure that your reset has been received, and that the remote has been paired properly.
- It can sometimes be necessary to lower the brightness of the TV.
- With a lint-free cloth, clean both the remote and the receiver’s sensor.
- It is possible to reset the receiver by pressing the red button on the receiver or unplugging it for 15 seconds.
Genie Remote Remote
- The receiver can be reset by pressing the red button on the DirecTV receiver.
- You can reset the remote control by selecting pair/program remote from the settings menu.
- In the event that all else fails, resetting the remote to its default settings may help. Press both the mute and select buttons simultaneously. The remote light should flash three times. To complete the process, press 9 8 1 along with the select button in order to make the remote flash four times.