On my mobile phone, it says “Server Unreachable.” What does this mean?
When a mobile phone displays a server unreachable message, it is usually because it is not connected to a network and is therefore not able to access the server. The signal on your phone may be low or not working if your network provider has an outage in your area.
When making a call, try again if you receive an “unreachable server” error. Try calling from another phone after 25-30 minutes, or contact your cellular provider if it doesn’t work.
Further, you may notice that your phone isn’t working properly, such as having too many apps running in the background or having a low battery.
It is possible that any Facebook service, such as opening Instagram posts, will not work due to the lack of connection to the 3G/4G LTE or 5G networks.
A server is unreachable error on a mobile phone can have several causes:
- Unfortunately, the phone you are using does not have an internet connection.
- If you do receive a signal, it is weak or nonexistent.
- It seems that the server is experiencing some difficulties responding to your connection.
- It appears that there is currently an outage in your area, and you will have to wait for it to be resolved.
- There is a problem with the VPN you’re using and the app that you are trying to use.
- Your phone may experience problems when too many apps are running in the background.
When the phone’s connection with its carrier is down, the error “server unreachable” appears. There may be a problem on your end, or there may have been an issue on the provider’s end.
Right now, we cannot take any more incoming calls from customers (high call volume). We ask you to try again later.
An unreachable server message is one of the most common errors that is caused by poor cellular connections.
- The call is being blocked by the person who is making the call.
- Perhaps the person you are trying to reach has changed their phone number.
- Perhaps there is insufficient reception in the area where you are calling from.
- It is possible that the network of your carrier may be experiencing a problem at the time.
- You may have temporarily lost contact with your carrier as a result.
- The consequence of this may be that your carrier will be unable to provide you with service.
- You might have an issue with your phone’s battery or SIM card.
When your phone says “server unreachable,” what does this mean?
If your signal is weak or the line-of-sight from the cell tower to your phone is blocked, you can see the “server unreachable” error message on your smartphone.
- The network connection on your phone might be down.
- If this is the case, you may need to check whether you have correctly inserted your SIM card.
- In this case, you may need to update the software on your phone.
- If you are attempting to call a particular number, then there may be a problem.
- Perhaps the airplane mode is on in your phone.
- It is possible that the SIM card is not inserted correctly, or that it is damaged.
- You are beyond your carrier’s coverage area.
In some areas, service providers may have limited coverage, or trees and buildings may block the line-of-sight between cell towers, which will result in a weak connection and this error.
Depending on the type of phone you own, there may also be other reasons why you may be experiencing this issue. There is a possibility that your SIM card will need to be replaced or updated with new information from your service provider when the error occurs when you try to make a call.
When signal coverage has been interrupted for some time and then suddenly restored (increased calls volume), this can occur.
If you encounter a “server unreachable” message while browsing the internet, but not while making or receiving telephone calls, please contact customer support.
The solution to the server unreachable message on a mobile device
When you can’t make a call on your mobile phone, you are most likely experiencing an interruption in signal coverage. Service providers often experience this when they experience some problems and then restore them suddenly — for example, a high call volume.
When this does not resolve the issue – for whatever reason or type of error message appears on the screen while browsing internet pages but not during voice communication attempts, such as telephone conversations – contact Customer Support right away!
In the event that you are experiencing problems with your ‘unreachable server’ messages, please follow the following steps:
The first thing you should do is check if other devices/phones around you are working. On the phone that is receiving the server unreachable message, try the following steps:
- Ensure that mobile data settings are enabled.
- Switch your phone off and on a second time.
- Make sure your phone is running the latest version of its operating system.
- The IP address of your phone is also something you need to know.
- Connecting to a WiFi or cellular data network is recommended so that you can use this service.
- Restart your device or connect to a different network if necessary.
- The problem may still persist if you do not contact your provider immediately.
Whenever I try to contact the service via my iPhone, I get an unreachable server message. Could you tell me why?
Check again after you’ve reconnected to the internet and restarted your phone.
- Prior to continuing, please ensure that your mobile data has been turned on.
- Make sure the device has been updated with the latest software.
- In the event that the network doesn’t work, you should contact the provider.
- If you have to turn off and restart your iPhone, this should fix the problem.
In the event that all else fails, you can connect your phone to your Wi-Fi network instead of using the cellular data connection in order to connect to the internet.
Restart your iPhone again after you have turned it off
Press the top power button on the iPhone or iPad for a few seconds to turn it off and restart it. As soon as the Apple logo appears on the screen, press and hold the Home button for a few seconds.
If your internet connection or your provider is down, use a Wi-Fi network instead of a cellular data connection.
- The phone displays an unreachable server message when the network is unavailable or when the phone tries to make a call when the network is down.
- If your carrier has a problem, such as no signal in your area, your iPhone will display a server unreachable message.
- The iPhone displays an unreachable server message if you are using an international SIM card and are not in the country it belongs to.
- The phone carrier may be experiencing issues.
What does “server unreachable” mean on my Samsung Galaxy phone?
It happens when the DNS servers are not functioning properly. From the list that appears, select Settings > WiFi to select your home network. Using Advanced options > DNS settings, set the primary DNS server to 18.104.22.168 and the secondary DNS server to 22.214.171.124.
In the case of an Android device, to access the Wi-Fi setting in the settings menu, go to the Settings > WiFi option. It is recommended that you make sure that your smartphone is not set to forget the WiFi network automatically.
Be sure the country code on your SIM card matches where you are located if you’re using an international SIM card. If you wish to use data roaming services, you can contact your carrier, as charges may apply.
How do I fix Verizon’s “server unreachable” error on Verizon phone?
In order to start, you will want to check out the coverage map that is associated with the phone you have. If there are full bars in the area where “server unreachable” is listed when making a call, then it could be an issue with the tower or cell site and not necessarily Verizon Wireless.
You can resolve the problem by following these steps:
- Ensure that your data settings are correct
- Verizon’s customer service department can be reached at 1-800-922-0204 if you have any problems with your account.
- You can try resetting your network settings.
- There is a problem with the server.
- Internet access is unavailable.
- There is an issue with Verizon’s network.