RC73 Remote Codes And DirecTV Remote Programming Guide:
In order to learn how the DirecTV remote worked, I picked up a new connection. It is also possible to learn about RC73 remote codes and DirecTV programming guide by reading this useful article. Using universal remote codes, you can program DirecTV remote control to any device.
Would you like to know how to pair the receiver with the TV and what the requirements are?
The instruction manual was comprehensive enough, but a few things were still missing.
Based on what I’ve seen in user forums, I’m not the only one that feels this way about these remotes.
My goal in writing this guide was to help you pair your RC73 remote using remote control codes based on the information I found online and a thorough reading of the manual.
The DirecTV RC73 Remote can be programmed by pairing it with your TV and selecting the device you wish to control.
There are several types of DirecTV remotes
Those on the left are DirecTV’s universal remotes, while those on the right are its Genie remotes.
In most new connections, the Genie RC73 remote comes bundled with the latest model of the remote.
Both remotes work similarly, controlling TVs as well as audio receivers.
There is a difference between the Genie remote and the universal remote, in that the Genie remote is not able to operate Genie devices when they are in RF mode, and the universal remote cannot operate Genie devices when they are in IR mode.
IR receivers made after 2003, however, can be controlled by the Genie.
Programming RC73 Remote Codes: What You Need to Know
Genie remotes must be paired with TVs or audio devices before they can be used.
You can’t use DirecTV without pairing your remote.
This applies to both TVs and audio devices, so repeat the process for every device.
Here’s how to pair your remote:
- By using the remote, you can control a Genie Mini, Genie Mini Wireless, or Genie HD DVR.
- When the Enter button is pressed, hold the Mute button as well. Once the green light flickers a couple of times, let go of the buttons.
- “Applying IF/RF setup” will appear on the TV. The RF mode has now been selected.
- Make sure the device you need to pair is turned on.
- On the remote control, press Menu.
- You can program the DirecTV remote by going to Settings & Help> Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote.
- Follow the guidelines on the screen in order to pair the remote with the device.
Once you complete the steps in the above DirecTV remote programming guide, your remote will be properly paired with your device.
Manually programming RC73 remote codes
If the automatic process fails for some reason, you can manually program the DirecTV genie remote using RC73 remote codes.
The steps are as follows:
- Your Genie receiver should be visible when you point the remote at it.
- It is important to hold down both Select and Mute at the same time. As soon as the green light blinks, release the buttons.
- 961 should be entered
- To change the channel, press Channel Up, followed by Enter.
- Click OK when your TV displays “RF setup complete”.
- Your device needs to be turned on.
- You can program a DirecTV remote control by pressing the Menu key and going to Settings & Help then navigating to Settings and choosing Remote Control.
- Your device must be paired according to the instructions displayed on screen.
Programming RC73 remote codes for DIRECTV Ready TVs
If you have a Genie DVR and a DirecTV Ready TV, DirecTV services do not require an extra Genie or Genie Mini.
DirecTV Ready TVs and Genie remotes are quite easy to pair.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Your Genie DVR should be visible when you point the remote at it.
- To adjust the volume, press and hold Mute and Enter together. Before you let go of the buttons, you should see the green light blink twice.
- “Appling IR/RF setup” will appear on your TV.
- The DirecTV Ready TV should be turned on.
- When the Mute and Select buttons are pressed together, they will become active. The green light should blink twice more after you hold the buttons down.
- On the manufacturer’s website, you can find the RC73 remote code for your TV.
- Samsung code: 54000
- Toshiba: 54002
- Sony: 54001
- DirecTV’s lookup tool can be used for other manufacturers.
- Now that your remote is paired, you can use it.
Radio frequency deactivation
RF transmitters can be deactivated and the remote used in IR mode instead.
In the event that your remote is messed up by interference from many RF-based devices near you, you can try this.
The remote must be pointed at the receiver in IR mode in order for the signals to be received by the receiver. Otherwise, the remote will not work.
You can deactivate your remote’s RF mode by following these steps:
- Select and Mute should be held down at the same time. Once the green light flickers a couple of times, release the buttons.
- The 9-6-1 number should be entered.
- Channel Down should be pressed and released. There will now be four green flashes.
If your steps were followed to the letter, you did not successfully remove your remote from RF mode.
Instructions for resetting the DIRECTV Genie remote
In the event that your Genie remote stops working or does not respond to inputs, you can reset it.
Here are the steps to resetting your Genie remote:
- Under the menu button or on the back of the receiver, there is a reset button. In the absence of a button, proceed to step 3.
- The button must be pressed. Step 4 should be followed after 10-15 seconds.
- Reconnect the receiver after 12 seconds of unplugging it. Connect it again afterward.
- Use your remote control.
The following might work if this doesn’t:
- The remote’s IR signal should be unblocked by anything blocking it. A glass door on an entertainment stand may cause interference.
- Microfiber cloths can be used for wiping down the receiver’s sensor and the remote’s emitter.
- Keep the lights in your house from being too bright. The remote control is interfered with by signals from these lights.
I would recommend getting an RF universal remote for your DirecTV receiver instead of the Genie remote. The RC73 remote code can, however, be programmed easily with our guide.
DirecTV boxes can also be controlled by universal remotes in addition to TVs and receivers.
Using a fully remote-controlled setup, you can control your home’s lights and fans.
With these universal remotes, you can replace the ten different remotes you have with just one.
In order to avoid cancellation fees, you can return your DirecTV equipment if you would prefer to try out something else.
Does DirecTV’s remote control RC73 allow me to program the volume using remote codes?
RC73 remote codes should be programmed using the usual method. It will be automatically programmed to control the volume.
Do DirecTV remotes use IR or RF technology?
Genie and older universal remotes both have RF and IR capabilities. RF and IR remotes are the only two other types of remotes.
Do phones work as DirecTV remote?
Connect your DirecTV receiver to the DirecTV remote app by downloading it from the App Store or Play Store.
The receiver can then be controlled using your smartphone once everything has been completed.
Without a RC73 remote code, how can I program my DirecTV remote?
The newer Genie remotes pair automatically with your TV without requiring you to enter any RC73 codes.
You can find codes for each brand of DirecTV Ready TV, though. RC73 remote codes can be found using the lookup tool.