This article will guide you to program a DISH remote to control your TV or other devices such as a DVD player or audio system. This post is handy if you have just gotten a new TV or other devices or if your remote volume button does not work.
In addition, this article shows two processes to program Dish remote to the TV. The first is programming dish remote models, namely, 40.0, 50.0, 52.0, and 54.0. These are the latest versions of the dish remote. The song method is to set up Dish remote to TV for old models, like, 20 or 21 series.
How to program dish remote to TV?
How to program Dish remote control – New Models?
- In order to program Dish remote control to the TV, double press the Home button on your DISH remote. If your remote is a 40.0 model with no home button, press the Menu button only once.
- From the on-screen menu, go to Settings.
- Again from the on-screen menu, select Remote Control.
- Use the menu on the screen to choose the device you want to pair.
- From the menu, select the Wiring Wizard option. The wizard is the most convenient among all choices because it guides you throughout the process.
- Look through the menu on the screen to find the type of TV or other devices you are pairing. You must choose the right type of device because the navigation wizard process involves checking the pairing codes, and this is different for each type of device.
- Pairing Wizard will now take you through a series of device codes you want to pair. To test each code, follow the on-screen instructions. This involves pressing the Volume or Power buttons on the DISH remote to see if something is happening on most devices. When the code is active, select Finish on the screen. If not, select Try Next Code and repeat the process.
- Check your DISH remote control properly. Even if the pairing process works, things may not work out as expected. This can be if your device has many different or special features. Check your remote now to see if it will work in the middle of a big game or movie.
How to program Dish remote control- Old models?
- Place your DISH remote in front of the device you want to pair.
- Press and hold a button on the DISH remote control compatible with the device you want to edit (TV, DVD, or AUX). After ten seconds, all four mode buttons will light up. Now release the button and make it blink.
- Press the power button on the DISH remote. The blinking mode button now should be a proper light. This means that the DISH remote is ready for editing.
- To send the first code, press the Up button on your DISH remote.
- Keep clicking on the Up button every few seconds until the device turns off. If the device is turned off, it means you have received the correct code.
- To save the code to memory, click on the # button. After this step, the Mode button will blink many times.
- Check your DISH remote to see that everything is working as expected.