Table of Contents
How to Reset a Vizio TV Remote
Do you have a Vizio TV remote control and searching for a guide on how to reset a Vizio remote? If so, resetting your Vizio TV remote may be an easy way for you to resolve whatever problem you are having with the device. You reset it by pressing a certain sequence of buttons on the remote. See details below for resetting your Vizio TV remote based on specific model numbers. However, below are plenty of methods which can assist you to fix not working Vizio TV remote.
Fix Not Working Vizio Remote
Updating Your Vizio Remote Control Firmware
Vizio TVs and other devices often will upload new firmware updates that can help keep bugs out and make sure everything is running as smoothly as possible. These updates require the use of a USB flash drive and will reset your TV’s settings to factory defaults if not completed properly. If needed, check the manufacturer’s website for more information about updating your device’s firmware. If you reset your Vizio remote using the steps below, then you do not need to reset your TV’s firmware.
How To Reset Vizio Remote Using Buttons On The Remote Control
Firstly press the power button to turn on your device then press and hold “Mute” button and “Power” button on the device for approximately 20 seconds until the LED light starts blinking rapidly. Release both buttons at this time; the reset is now complete.
How To Reset Vizio Remote Using Buttons On The TV
Press the power button to turn on your TV remote and then press “Menu” followed by either volume up or down, depending on which brand of TV you have (Vizio models allow pressing volume up). Once in the setup menu, use either arrow pad to navigate to “System.” Press volume “+.” Navigate to reset or advanced settings reset, resetting the TV to factory defaults.
How To Reset Vizio Remote Using Buttons On The TV Cable Box
Press “Power” followed by either volume up or down, depending on which brand of CAB box you have. Once in the setup menu use either arrow pad to navigate to “Preferences.” Press volume “+.” Navigate to reset or advanced settings reset, resetting the device’s preferences back to default values. You can now reset your remote control using these steps.
Moreover, the cable box remote can be used as Vizio remote replacement. In addition, replacement remote can easily work with your any TV.
If resetting your Vizio TV remote control did not work, you may need to reset your TV or other device’s software. You can find how to reset an individual component’s firmware online by using its specific brand and model number.
Weak or dead Vizio Remote batteries
If resetting the Vizio TV remote control did work for you, then the battery in the remote control unit may be running low or dead. Reasons, why batteries might die, include years of disuse or leaving it inside a hot area over an extended period. Consider investing in new batteries if resetting your Vizio TV remote didn’t help, but be sure to use only high-quality batteries so they last as long as possible before needing replacement again. You can find more information about replacing batteries here.
Check if any buttons are stuck:
If resetting your Vizio TV remote didn’t help, check to see if your Vizio TV remote has any buttons that are stuck or otherwise not working properly. If you notice this problem, then resetting the device again may resolve it. You can find more information about resetting a Vizio TV here.
Time to buy a new Remote Control
If resetting your Vizio TV remote control did not work, then you may need to invest in a whole new one if none of these methods helped with your issue. The best option would be to purchase one online since it will save you time and money (in most cases). An alternative would be to visit your local electronics store physically and try resetting your remote there. You can find more information about resetting your Vizio TV remote here.
This issue might be with the Vizio TV itself:
check if tv firmware is outdated and reset the TV’s software (firmware) using either a USB flash drive or reset button on the back of your TV set; if neither of these work then you may need to buy a new remote control because resetting does not fix every issue where a device is completely unresponsive. These instructions replace an older one that attempted to repair nonresponsive devices by resetting their firmware. If resetting a device’s firmware did not fix the problem, it is no longer available.
What Causes Vizio Remote not Working?
After careful analysis of the user reports, our team found that there is a high chance for Vizio remote not working due to certain reasons:
- Check the batteries in your Vizio remote. However, Vizio TV sensors can also malfunction in this case.
- Make sure that you are pointing the Vizio remote at the TV and not a light or window.
- Try pressing more than one button on your Vizio remote to see if it works, as sometimes just one of the buttons may be unresponsive
- Reset your Vizio TV by turning it off for 10 seconds before powering back on
Vizio Remote Not Working? : Reasons and Solutions
All sorts of reasons may cause Vizio remote not working as follows:
- Dead batteries as the most common as they are the first to fail in all variety of appliances like Vizio TV remotes
- The battery contacts need cleaning. Turn them over and try again with a piece of stiff paper or very fine sandpaper; wipe clean and replace the batteries; reset your Vizio remote by pressing one button before powering on your Vizio TV. If resetting your Vizio remote did not work, then it is time to change the batteries (both should be replaced at once)
- Remote controls can sometimes stop sending signals if pointed through walls or doors; this doesn’t happen often but if resetting your Vizio remote control didn’t work, then it is time to change the batteries (both should be replaced at once). In addition, check if there are any obstacles between Vizio TV remote sensors and TV, this block infrared signal TV sensor and your TV wont work.
- If resetting your Vizio remote control didn’t work, then it is time to change the batteries (both should be replaced at once). Moreover, the TV remote sensor can also have dirt or dust, clean it and try again. Indeed dust and dirt can cause the Vizio TV remote sensor to block signals.
- The reset button can sometimes repair minor problems if resetting your Vizio TV did not work, but much more often this just swaps one symptom for another; resetting a device’s firmware does nothing to fix its underlying problem.
Reset Vizio TV Firmware:
Resetting an electronic displaying “firmware upgrade” error means that something has caused its embedded flash remote memory to become corrupt. However, resetting it without any backup means that you’re about to lose all of your device’s settings and options.
Resetting a Vizio TV with these symptoms means that something has gone wrong in the embedded flash memory, making it unresponsive. If resetting your Vizio TV remote sensor did not resolve the issue, then this is a sign that you need to reset the TV itself using either a USB flash drive or reset button on the back of your TV set.
How to Fix Vizio TV Remote? : Vizio TV Sensor Fixing: Blocked Remote Signal Fixing
The following are two options for Vizio TV sensor fixing you can do when resetting a Vizio TV remote is not working. However, you can directly wipe and fix IR remote sensor if there is any problem or dirt over it.
Option 1: reset not working Vizio remote control
- Reset Vizio remote
Before resetting Vizio TV check the power outlet properly, if the power outlet is not working please change the power source of electric supply. Most Vizio remotes give an error message on TV, “An unknown error has occurred. Please press power button to reset.” this error may indicate a problem with the firmware of your Vizio TV’s board which you have to manually reset through video menu, then clicking factory reset from within the settings menu. If that doesn’t work then try following these steps for resetting Vizio TV remotely: go into menu and find Factory Reset option under System menu, press ok and reset the TV.
Option 2: Reset not working Vizio TV
- Reset Vizio TV using a USB flash drive or reset button on the back of your TV set. However, Vizio TV sensor can malfunction in case of any hardware problem as well.
If resetting a Vizio smart tv remote control didn’t work, then there is chance that it’s time to reset your Vizio TV itself using either a USB flash drive or reset button located on the back of your TV set. When you press this button to restart, all your settings and options will be wiped out from your Vizio Smart TV and will return to factory default. However, most Vizio remotes are simple to reset and reprogram via universal remote codes, follow the above mentioned methods to reprogram or reset Vizio universal remote.
Reset Remote to Clear the Memory (Universal Remotes): Vizio TV Remote Sensor Fixing: Blocked TV Sensor Fixing
This reset will clear memory from your Universal Remote. It is a reset of the remote to factory defaults, not a reset to the state the remote was in when you purchased it. You may have programmed it yourself or had someone else program it for you. However, universal remote codes can be used to program Vizio TV remote control.
1. Press the power button and then hold the blue color button on the device until all three mode buttons light up (TV, STB, CBL). If this does not happen within 20 seconds, release the blue button on the remote and wait 20 more seconds before proceeding
2. While holding down all three mode buttons simultaneously press and hold “Setup” until all three mode buttons light up again (this takes approx. 5-10 secs)
3-4 follow steps 3-4 in “Reset Vizio TVs with these symptoms”
3. If resetting a Vizio TV remote control didn’t work, then it is time to reset your Vizio TV itself
4. Resetting a universal remote control is the same process as resetting Vizio TV
5. If resetting a universal remote did not resolve the issue, then this is a sign that you need to reset the TV itself using either a USB flash drive or reset button on the back of your TV set; to fix Vizio TV remote not working follow the resetting guide mentioned above. However, using reset code and power cycling the TV remote can also help you out in this regard.
Common Not Working Vizio Remote: Fixes
Do you have a non-working remote for your Vizio TV? Power cycling the remote will solve this problem. Is it stuck in memory mode? Simply use the reset code to get your Vizio remote working again. There are instances of dirt being present on the power source when trying to power cycle the remote which needs cleaning up. However, you can use alcohol to wipe dirty power source.
At times, for reasons unknown to the average consumer, the power buttons on Vizio remotes stop working. Users can enter a reset code and solve this issue . However, if Vizio remotes are not used frequently then they may also become stuck in remote memory because of residual power. When turning your TV on with no remote available it’s important to remember that power cycling the TV is always an option; you might even be able to find out if there is any issue with your ir sensor or power source by doing so!
Solution for Not Working Vizio Remote:
Step-by-step remote reformatting for you Vizio product. We will identify any residual power in your TV, reset the memory of the remote control, and if necessary, do a power cycle on your television so it is clear of any dirt or dust that may have entered at their last use. This process also includes an IR sensor identification to make sure you are using the correct device to be paired with your set top box. Place your valuable TVs back up on our list of valuable products!
Maybe your remote just needs a good workout. To power cycle the remote, hold down button for 10 seconds, let go and wait 10 seconds before pressing again. If this still does not work, there may be other problems affecting the use of your remote including: bad connections to power or TV (or both), an IR sensor issue with the TV, and dirty power supply. However, IR sensor must be properly wiped if there are any dirt over it and then power cycle it again.
Conclusion: Not Working Vizio Remote: Solutions
Anyways, I hope this article helped you reset your Vizio Remote Control. If it did please don’t forget to share it with others! Thank you for reading and happy resetting!.
If your Vizio tv remote sensor is still not working, then try to use another Vizio Universal remotes with the TV and if the other remote is working fine then replace your remote. However, you can also try to reset your remote in that way IR sensor will also perform perfectly.
Most VIZIO universal remotes work with most VIZIO TV’s. And if that other remote is not working with the TV, then, it would be a good idea to have your TV checked from a repair shop.