Table of Contents
How to Fix Various Hisense TV Problems?
Is your Hisense Smart TV experiencing a problem that can be fixed by resetting it? Are you interested in selling or giving it away? Resetting it back to factory settings is the best option. Moreover, below are updated troubleshooting methods for 2022 on how to factory reset Hisense Smart TV with or without a remote to fix Hisense TV problems.
Hisense Smart TV is similar to other Smart TVs in terms of functionalities, but the factory reset process is slightly different to fix Hisense TV problems. Follow these troubleshooting steps to factory reset your Smart TV – both old and new models.
Resetting procedure for old Hisense Smart TVs to fix Various Problems
If your Hisense TV has greyed out while watching or have similar problems, you should first try to factory reset it before buying a new Smart TV.
To reset the Hisense Smart TV:
- Hold the ‘EXIT’ key on your remote for at least 15 seconds
- The Hisense TV factory service menu will appear after 15 seconds
- Turn off the TV by clicking ‘OK.’
- You should wait for 20 seconds after resetting your Smart TV before turning it on.
- This technique only works for 2013 and older models.
How to factory reset Hisense Smart TVs to fix Hisense TV problems (from 2014 to the latest models)
To fix various problems, factory reset Hisense TV (new models), you will need an original remote control. Resetting a generic remote control is different than using it for other functions.
Does Hisense TV have a reset button? Unfortunately no. However, to reset Smart TV using a remote, follow this procedure to fix problems related to your Hisense TV
- On your Hisense Smart TV remote, press the MENU button.
- Click on the ‘Support’ button and confirm your selection by pressing ‘Enter.’ Depending on your remote model, the ‘Enter’ key may appear as ‘OK’ or ‘Select.
- Press the ‘Enter’ key to confirm the self-diagnosis.
- Choose the last option, which is ‘Reset.’
- Please enter your security PIN to confirm your request.
To reset your Hisense Smart TV to factory settings, follow these steps to fix problems related to your Hisense TV:
Hisense Smart TVs come with a default PIN of 0000 if you have never customized it. Contact the Hisense Smart TV representative in your area if you changed your account details and you cannot remember your new PIN.
How to reset your Hisense Smart TV without a remote
You cannot use your remote to reset your Hisense Smart TV if it does not show any pictures or have similar problems. However, you can do a soft reset by turning it off and on again. Reset Smart TV without a picture:
- Disconnect any external hard drive or USB cable.
- Your Hisense Smart TV should be turned off.
- Disconnect the power cable.
- Wait two (2) minutes before plugging the TV back in.
- Turn on your Smart TV.
Hisense Smart TV troubleshooting to fix various Problems:
Hisense TV brand has become popular due to its wide choice of size, quality (4k) and (in my opinion) price. So here, we’ll show you how to fix some common problems with Hisense TV.
To solve some soft problems with your Hisense smart TV, we recommend to do :
- Restart the Hisense TV.
- Reset all settings to factory defaults.
- Visit/call the service center.
- To restart your Hisense TV, you need:
- Turn OFF your TV
- Take out the power cable from the outlet for 30 seconds
- Turn ON
- If the problems are not solved, try to do a factory reset.
The factory reset procedure will delete all your personal information: channel, video settings, WIFI connections, all apps, etc.
You will need to do initial settings on Hisense TV after a factory reset to fix problems related to it, just as after a new one is purchased.
Note: You should know that Hisense has a lot of models and series. Therefore, this instruction may not work for you. You can try to find it in the menu of your Hisense TV Factory Reset.
How to reset pin code/parent control password on smart TV.
You can easily reset it if you forget the pin code. Simply enter 0532 – this will reset the pin to the default 0000
It is advisable to pay attention to the time when resetting your Hisense Smart TV to fix various problems. After a power cycle, you should wait two minutes before plugging the TV back in. Moreover, the above troubleshooting methods will help you fix Hisense TV problems using reset techniques.
Irrespective of whether your Smart TV is an old model or not, it is advisable to use the original Hisense remote.
Read More About: