It’s no secret that LG washers are regarded as reliable and long-lasting. In spite of this, many washers occasionally display an error code, like OE, due to the amount of use they get. In most cases, the LG Washer OE error code is easy to resolve, which is good news for most people.
How can I determine what is triggering the LG Washer OE Error Code?
When the washer does not drain quickly enough, the LG Washer OE error code will appear. During draining, the control panel detects that the washer is not draining properly. Indeed, an LG Washer OE error code occurs when the drain pump is faulty, the drain hose is kinked or clogged, or the pump filter is clogged.
Here are the steps you need to take in order to fix the LG Washer OE error code and resolve the issue.
1. Reset the washer to fix LG OE error code.
It is possible that the OE error code is caused by a malfunction on the control board from time to time. In addition, the issue may be resolved by disconnecting power for five minutes and resetting the control board. If you don’t have time to fix the error code, you can disconnect power to resolve it. In the event that the error code returns, identifying and resolving the issue is crucial. However, you will likely face more serious problems in the long run if you leave it too long.
2. You should clean the Pump Filter to fix LG Washer OE error code (Front-Loader Washers).
On many LG front-loading washers, the pump filter or debris filter can be accessed from the front. According to LG, it is recommended that lint and foreign objects be removed from the pump filter at least once a month. However, pump filters should be cleaned periodically to prevent odors, mold, and mildew, as well as to ensure proper drainage.
Pump filters can be cleaned by following these steps:
- You need to turn off the washer’s power.
- To collect the water spilled from the washer, you’ll need a large container (sometimes two to three gallons).
- It is necessary to unlatch the access panel for the pump filter.
- The black rubber drain hose can be found in the basement.
- The water should be drained into a large container after removing the hose plug.
- Counterclockwise rotation is required to remove the pump filter.
- Soft bristled brushes and warm water are recommended for cleaning pump filters.
- Turn the filter clockwise to ensure it is securely placed in the washer.
- As soon as the hose plug has been replaced, replace the mounting clip on the hose.
- The access panel should be closed.
3. LG washers have drain hoses that need to be checked.
There may be kinks, pinches, or obstructions in the drain hose if the washer does not drain. Additionally, the drain hose outlet may have been submerged in water, which would prevent the washer from draining. However, it is also of the utmost importance to ensure that the drain hose is installed correctly as well.
Drain hoses may be connected to spigots on waste pipes, waste traps, or standpipes. Moreover, depending on the drain hose model and connection type, installation can vary. To ensure that your drain hose works correctly, check your washer’s manual.
Drain hoses that can’t be unclogged or firmly attached may need to be replaced.
Check the drain hose by following these tips:
- Make sure the hose is not bent or kinked.
- Make sure the hose is properly connected.
- Water should not be submerged in the drain hose outlet.
- Drain the expelled water from the drain hose sufficiently.
- The blanking cap should be removed from the spigot where the hose connects if the washer was just installed.
The drain hose should be removed and unclogged as follows:
- The washer’s power should be disconnected.
- It would be a wise idea to stop the water supply to the washer.
- Simply attach the drain hose to the washer and then detach it from the washer. The clamps holding the drain hose to the washer will need to be released with pliers.
- An unclogging tool like a drain snake or hot water, white vinegar, and baking soda can be used to clear the drain hose.
- The drain hose should be replaced if it cannot be repaired. Replacing a worn or damaged drain hose is better than patching it.
4. LG washer drain pump should be tested.
Make sure the drain pump is working by running a spin cycle to see if it is working. By pressing the Spin Speed button until HIGH appears, you can perform the test. Then, simply hit the START/PAUSE button to initiate the spin cycle. However, it should now be possible to hear a humming noise, which indicates that the pump is working.
5. Drain pump and internal drain hose should be checked.
The drain pump doesn’t work after you’ve done the checks above, or the error code persists. In addition, it may be necessary to access the drain pump or internal drain hose to fix a problem with the drain pump.
The drain pump can be accessed depending on your model. Top-loading washers need to be turned on their backs to access their drain pumps. Moreover, it may be necessary to remove the rear access panel or the front control panel of a front-loading washer.
The internal drain hose and drain pump can be checked by following these steps:
- It is necessary to disconnect the power source from the washer.
- The washer should be turned off by turning off the water. To relocate the washer and reach the drain pump, you may have to disconnect the water hoses.
- By unscrewing the access panel, the washer can be accessed.
- Any water that leaks should be caught in a container.
- LG washers typically have a drain pump and circulation pump on the left and right, respectively.
- Wire connectors for drain pumps should be disconnected.
- Ensure that the drain pump’s wiring harness is secure and not damaged.
- The drain hose must be removed by releasing the clamps holding it to the pump with pliers.
- Make sure the internal drain hose is securely connected to prevent clogging.
- The pump might not be working properly because of a broken impeller or an obstruction.
When checking the drain pump does not fix the LG Washer OE error code, a multimeter may be needed. However, when touched to the pump terminals, the multimeter probes should read between five and ten ohms. In the event of a zero or infinite reading, the pump must be replaced.
It is hoped that these instructions have resolved the drainage issue and LG Washer OE error code. In the event that the LG Washer OE error code continues, an experienced technician can determine that the control board is not defective.