How to Fix Hulu Error 94
Among streaming media services that provide content in the US, Hulu is one of the most widely used services. It is not an exception to the rule that it has the same errors as other similar services, such as Netflix or HBO Max. There have been a number of reports of Hulu error 94 occurring that have been reported by users.
While attempting to log into Hulu, you may experience the Hulu error 94. The Hulu error 94 problem can affect all compatible devices, such as Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Android, and Samsung and LG Smart TVs.
A number of factors can cause Hulu loading error 94, including Internet issues, Hulu settings, and device problems. If you follow the intuitive instructions below, you should be able to quickly fix the error regardless of its cause.
Getting rid of Hulu error 94
Hulu error code 94 can be fixed on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Mac OS X, Android, or iOS devices by accessing a web browser or a standalone app.
1. The Hulu app should be restarted
Troubleshooting that annoying Hulu error code begins with relaunching the app. Before relaunching the app, however, make sure you properly close its process.
Restarting Hulu on Android is as simple as:
- It is as quick as navigating to the Settings menu and select Apps
- Hulu should be located and tapped
- Press the Force stop button
- Try connecting to Hulu by starting the app
Restarting the Hulu app on iOS is as easy as this:
- After reaching the center of the screen, swipe up and stop
- Hulu can be found and selected by swiping left or right
- Hulu can be closed by swiping up on its preview
- Hulu should be restarted
2. Your web browser should be restarted
Hulu error code 94 can be fixed by restarting the web browser for Windows or Mac users. Before launching the browser again, it’s important to stop all processes. We’ll show you how to restart Chrome in the example below:
Restarting your web browser on Windows 10 is as simple as this:
- Using the task manager is as easy as right-clicking and selecting it from the taskbar
- Locate the browser process under the Processes tab
- Choosing it and clicking End button will end the process
- You should terminate all active browser processes if there are multiple ones
- After exiting this window, you will need to restart your web browser
- It should be possible to access Hulu now if you try
Processes can also be forced to terminate from the Command Prompt:
- By clicking Win + R, typing cmd, and hitting Enter button, you can open the Command Prompt
- If you type tasklistand press enter, you will get a list of all the tasks that are currently running
- Identify the task associated with your browser (for example, chrome.exefor Google Chrome)
- Taskkill /f /im task_name.exe /tis the command to type. If you’ve replaced the incorrect process name with task_name, hit enter
- The first thing you need to do is open your browser and try to access Hulu
You can restart your web browser on a Mac by following these steps:
- Click Force Quit under the Apple menu in the browser window
- Press Option + Command + Esc, select the web browser from a list, and click Force Quit
- Try to use Hulu again after restarting your browser
3. Device management for Hulu
Re-associating your device with your Hulu account may help fix Hulu error 94. This can be accomplished by visiting your Hulu page, unlinking the device, and reconnecting it.
- The first thing you must open your web browser and go to the Hulu login page.
- Access your Hulu account by logging in
- Navigate to the Account section
- Go to Watch Hulu on Your Device and click Manage Devices
- As soon as you have identified your faulty device, click on the Remove button. The removal of all devices is not necessary, however.
- You will need to switch to your device, log in to Hulu again, and enter the 2FA code
- You can confirm if the fault has been fixed or if you are still experiencing Hulu error 94.
4. Power cycle your device to Fix Hulu Error 94
Shutting down your computer, smartphone, tablet, Smart TV, or other devices you use to watch Hulu will power cycle them. You should also reset your modem by pressing and holding the reset button for 20-25 seconds after finding it on your router.
All Hulu devices can be restarted once your household’s Internet connection has been reconnected. Hulu error 94 is usually fixed by this simple trick.
5. Web browser cache should be cleared
It’s possible that Hulu is throwing you error 94 because the web browser cache is causing the page to load slowly. If you hard refresh your browser, you can easily fix this.
For this to work, make sure Hulu is the tab that is active in your browser. If you have a Windows PC, hold down Shift + F5 or Ctrl + F5. To initiate the process on a Mac, hold down Shift + Command + R.
Additionally, you should clear your web browser’s cache and cookies after clearing Hulu’s cache and cookies.
Clearing Chrome cache on Windows and Mac is as simple as this:
- From the upper right edge of Chrome, open the More menu
- The Settings menu can be found by clicking on the gear icon Under Privacy and security, click Clear browsing data
- A web browser can also be used to clear cache by going to Chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- In the Basic tab, verify that the Time range is selected to All time
- Choose Browsing history, Cookies, and Cache images and files from the drop-down menu
- All other options should be cleared
- In the Clear data window, click the button when you are ready
- Try using Hulu again after restarting Chrome
Windows and Mac users can clear Firefox cache by following these steps:
- Selecting the hamburger button will bring up the Options menu
- Click on Privacy & Security and then on Clear Data…
- Make sure cookies, site data, and cached web content are checked
- When you are done, click Clear.
- Try accessing Hulu again after restarting Firefox
Clearing Microsoft Edge cache is as easy as:
- Select the More option from the Edge menu
- Choose Settings from the menu
- Click Privacy, search, and services (or go to edge://settings/privacy)
- Select what you wish to clear under Clear browsing data
- As a general rule, it is more appropriate to set the time range to All time
- From the options, select Browsing history and other site data, Cookies, Cached images and files, and Download history, and click the clear now button.
- Once you have clicked Clear now, you will be asked to confirm.
- Try using Hulu again after relaunching Edge
Hulu app cache should be cleared to Fix Error 94
Using the Hulu app on your mobile device won’t prevent you from clearing the cache. For Android users, use this method to clear Hulu’s cache data.
Instructions for clearing the cache in the Android Hulu app:
- Go to the Storage section from the Settings menu
- You can choose Apps or Other Apps option
- Locate for the Hulu app and then click on it
- By pressing the Clear cache button, you can delete the cache
- Launch the Hulu app and see if you are able to use it
On iOS, you can clear the Hulu cache by:
- Tap General in the Settings area
- Select iPhone Storage from the menu
- Click on Hulu once it has been located
- Select Offload app from the menu
- Try Hulu’s app and see if it works
7. Make sure the Hulu app is up-to-date to Fix error 94
You need to keep the Hulu app up-to-date in order to take advantage of new features, improvements, and bug fixes. Hulu error 94 is likely to be fixed in an upcoming update if there are any known application compatibility issues.
Windows 10 Hulu app update instructions:
- Launch the Microsoft Store app by clicking the Start button and typing Microsoft Store
- Navigate to the top right and press the More button
- Updates and downloads should be selected
- You can download the Hulu app by clicking the download button associated with it
- You can also update all Microsoft Store apps by clicking Get updates
- Launch the Hulu app after the update has been completed
Android Hulu app update instructions:
- The Play Store should be launched
- Visit My apps & games by tapping your Google account
- Select Hulu from the Updates section and tap Update
- It is likely that you might have the latest version if you cannot find it
- Launch Hulu and see if you can use it
iOS Hulu app update instructions:
- Tap the Updates button in the App Store
- Hulu’s app can be updated by searching for it and tapping update button
- It means you currently have the most recent version if you see the Open button
- Check if the error has been cleared by opening the Hulu app again
8. The Hulu app needs to be reinstalled to fix error 94
You can also resolve error 94 by reinstalling the Hulu app on your Android or iOS device. Once you have removed the existing app from the App Store or Play Store, you will need to install it again. You can then try watching your favorite streaming content after launching the Hulu app and logging in with your credentials.
9. Your Internet speed should be tested
A malfunctioning Internet connection might cause Hulu error 94 due to poor performance. If you wish to compare your download speed to Hulu’s recommendations, you can run an Internet speed test.
You can improve your connection if it doesn’t meet Hulu’s requirements by trying the following solutions:
- Connect all other Wi-Fi devices to your network and turn them off
- Delete all Internet-enabled applications, such as torrent clients, web browsers, and online games, running simultaneously on your computer
- If your device is too far away from your router, you should move it closer to it
- Wired mode should be switched to wireless mode
- Instead of Wi-Fi, use your 3G/4G mobile data plan
- Airplane mode should be turned off
10. Make sure your GPU and network drivers are up-to-date to fix Hulu error 94
You should expect various problems with the Hulu platform, including error 94, if your graphics or network drivers are outdated or incompatible. You shouldn’t have any difficulties if you check and update the drivers.
Windows 10 graphics and network drivers can be updated as follows:
- Start Device Manager by pressing Win + R, typing devmgmt.msc, and pressing Enter
- Navigate to the Network adapters section
- You can update the driver by selecting the network device and right-clicking it
- Update driver software automatically by clicking the Update driver software automatically button
- When the online search doesn’t yield any results, visit Windows Update settings and look for updated drivers
- Follow the same steps for your graphics driver under Display Adapters
- Try watching Hulu after rebooting your computer
Mac graphics and network drivers can be updated as follows:
- Select the Apple menu from the corner of your screen
- Click on the Software Update button
- Update your computer after it has found, downloaded, and installed updates
- When your Mac has been restarted, try accessing Hulu again
11. On Windows 10, run the Internet Connections troubleshooter
Using Windows 10, you can troubleshoot common Internet connectivity problems and find workarounds automatically. It can be used as follows:
- Choose the Settings option from the Start menu by clicking on it
- Select Update & Security from the menu
- From the left-hand menu, select Troubleshoot
- You can run the troubleshooter by selecting Internet Connections and clicking Run the troubleshooter
- Instructions will appear on screen to guide you through the process
- Immediately after the process is over, you will need to restart your computer
- As soon as the process is over, Hulu can be accessed
12. Make sure your DNS servers are flushed
By flushing your DNS server cache, you can reset your Internet connection. The steps for flushing DNS servers are listed below.
On Windows, flush DNS servers via these simple steps:
- Launch Command Prompt with admin rights by pressing Win + R, typing CMD, then pressing Ctrl + Shift + Enter
- The following lines should be copied and pasted (press Enter after each line):
netsh winsock reset
Try using Hulu again after rebooting your PC
For Mac, you can flush DNS servers by following these steps:
- The Terminal app needs to be opened
- After typing sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder, press the Return key to finish the command
- You can confirm your admin credentials by typing your username and password in the terminal and pressing enter.
- Try to access Hulu again after restarting your Mac
13. DNS servers with custom configurations are recommended
Your DNS servers should translate domain names into IP addresses more quickly if they are too slow. Your web browser may also display Hulu error 94 as a result.
You can improve the performance of your Internet without experiencing any problems if you use custom DNS servers.
Using Windows 10, you can set custom DNS servers through these simple steps:
- Windows 10 users are advised to access the system as administrator
- Take a shortcut to the Network Connections menu by selecting the Start button
- Go to Change adapter options from the menu
- By clicking on it and selecting Properties, you can get more information about your Internet connections
- It is necessary to double-click on TCP/IPv4 (Internet Protocol Version 4)
- Select the following DNS servers under the General tab
- In order to get the most dependable output, you should use 126.96.36.199 as your preferred DNS server
- If you wish to use an alternate DNS server, enter 188.8.131.52 as the IP address
- Once the DNS settings have been completed, click OK
- Take a look at Hulu now
On Mac, you can set custom DNS servers by following these steps:
- Apple’s menu includes System Preferences which can be accessed by clicking on it
- Select the Advanced tab from the Network menu to access advanced settings
- Navigate to the DNS section
- Then click the + sign and enter 184.108.40.206
- Once again, click + and enter 220.127.116.11.
- Exit this window by pressing OK
- Take a look at Hulu now
On Android, you can set custom DNS servers by following these steps:
- The first thing you need to do is go to the Settings section on your Android device
- Navigate to the Network & Internet section
- Select Private DNS from Advanced
- Type dns.google.com into Configure Private DNS
- See if you are able to get the best out of the Hulu app by trying it out
Using an iOS device, set up custom DNS servers as follows:
- If you want to make use of Wi-Fi, select the Settings tab and choose Wi-Fi
- By tapping “i” button when you find your Wi-Fi network, you can access its properties
- Go to DNS and enter the following addresses: 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
- I would suggest that you try opening the Hulu app again to check if it works for you
14. Firewall exceptions should be made for your browser
Hulu may not be able to make outgoing connections if you’re using a web browser on your Windows or Mac computer
As a result, a number of problems, including Hulu error 94, can arise as a consequence. This theory can be quickly tested by temporarily disabling your firewall.
On Windows 10, you can disable your firewall by following these steps:
- Make sure you’re signed in as the administrator of the PC
- When you press the Start button and type check firewall status, click Enter.
- Click Turn on or off Windows Defender Firewall on the left side of the screen
- Choose Turn off Windows Defender Firewall both in Private and Public settings.
- If you want to proceed, click the OK button
- Try accessing Hulu through your web browser
On a Mac, you can disable your firewall as follows:
- Choose on the Apple menu from the toolbar menu at the beginning of the screen
- Select System Preferences under the Apple menu
- From the menu, choose the Security option
- Navigate to the Firewall section
- Turn off the firewall by clicking Turn Off Firewall
- After disabling the firewall, open a web browser and try accessing Hulu again
Your firewall was the cause of Hulu error 94, if you no longer receive it. A disabled firewall, however, will put your computer at risk since you will not be able to protect it.
The steps above will assist you with reactivating the firewall. To protect your web browser, you must set an exception in your firewall. According to your browser, it varies. In the instructions below, we are using Google Chrome.
Windows 10: Allowing your web browser through the firewall:
- As a computer administrator, sign into Windows 10
- Firewall & network protection can be launched by pressing the Windows key and typing firewall
- Give permission to an app to pass through the firewall by clicking on it
- Select Change settings from the menu
- Click on the list of web browsers to find yours. Alternatively, you can browse to find the launcher file for your browser and add it there if there isn’t one.
- If you are using a web browser, make sure that the Private and Public options next to it are enabled
- Click the OK button
- You can now use Hulu by leaving this area and opening your web browser.
On a Mac, you can allow your web browser to pass through the firewall by following these steps:
- The Apple menu allows you to do this by selecting System Preferences
- Navigate to the Security section
- The Firewall tab will appear when you switch to it
- Choose the lock icon from the preferences page
- If you wish to authorize this action, it is necessary to enter your administrative username and password.
- Select Add Application from Firewall Options
- Add your web browser by finding it and clicking on it
- The moment you click OK, this window will disappear.
- Take a look at Hulu in your web browser and give it a try
15. Hulu error 94 can be fixed by performing system updates
You may experience problems with your web browser, Hulu app, or graphics card if you don’t keep your operating system updated.
Windows 10 update instructions:
- You can check for updates by pressing the Start button, typing Check for updates, and pressing Enter
- During the process of checking for updates, please wait for a moment. Updates that are pending can be downloaded by clicking Download
- You may have to wait a while. Restart your PC once it’s finished
- Try accessing Hulu after your PC has been restarted
Mac update instructions:
- Navigate to the Apple menu
- Go to the Software Update page
- If any updates are available, wait until they are found. Click on the Update Now button.
- If you wish to proceed, you must provide admin username and password
- Start Hulu again after it’s done and restart your Mac
Android update instructions:
- Recharge your Android device if the battery is low
- Navigate to the Settings page
- Select System from the menu
- The Advanced section can be found there
- Select System update from the menu
- As soon as the update is complete, you can use the Hulu app on your Android device
iOS update instructions:
- If your iPhone or iPad runs out of battery, charge it
- Navigate to the Settings page
- Select Software Update from the General menu
- Click the Download and Install button
- Storage space may be freed up by removing apps from iOS. Removing apps is only a temporary solution, but it works, so click Continue. Apps will be automatically reinstalled by iOS
- Start the update by tapping Install
- To authorize the update, enter your password or use your fingerprint
- You can then use the Hulu app once the process has been completed
16. Verify that your VPN and proxy settings are accurate
If you are connected to the Internet through a VPN, you can mask your IP address and change your geolocation by checking your VPN settings.
It is possible that you left the connection on when trying to access Hulu by mistake, causing the error 94. This indicates that if you are using a VPN or proxy connection, you should disable it altogether.
It’s as simple as switching off your VPN or proxy clients if you’re using them. Using manual connections requires you to follow these steps.
Disabling VPN and proxy settings on Windows 10 is as simple as this:
- By clicking the Start button, select Network Connections under the Start menu
- Near the uppermost part of the screen, you will discover the VPN option
- Choose the VPN connection and click Turn off if it is enabled
- The Proxy section can be found in the left menu
- Check that Use setup script and Automatically detect settings are disabled
- If Use a proxy server was enabled, scroll down and turn it off
- Now that your PC has been rebooted, you should be able to access Hulu
On a Mac, you can disable VPN and proxy settings by following these steps:
- Using the Apple menu, you can access System Preferences
- Navigate to the Network section
- Disconnect from VPN by clicking on it
- Select the Advanced button for your network connection
- All proxy settings should be deactivated under the Proxies tab
- Confirm by clicking OK
- Try to access Hulu after rebooting your Mac
Disabling VPNs and proxies on Android is as easy as:
- Choose the Network tab from the Settings menu in order to access the Network settings
- If there are any VPN connections displayed, tap VPN and remove them
- Modify your Wi-Fi network by tapping and holding your Wi-Fi network
- Choose Show advanced options
- Set Proxy to None by tapping it
- You can now use Hulu on your Android after rebooting
On iOS, you can disable VPN and proxy settings by following these steps:
- Select Settings from the menu
- In the General section, click the General button
- If any VPN connections are active, tap VPN and turn them off
- Once that is done, simply access the settings page for WiFi
- Navigate to your Wi-Fi connection’s advanced section
- You can turn off HTTP proxy by setting it to off
- Try watching Hulu again after restarting your iOS device
It is possible to fix Hulu error 94?
The Hulu error 94 occurs when your Internet connection or device is having problems streaming your favorite streaming media. In spite of that, it’s nothing that can’t be resolved.
Hulu can be restarted, or you can manage your Hulu devices to resolve this issue. In addition, you can clear the cache of the Hulu app or web browser, update the app or reinstall it to fix the problem. Hulu error 94 can also be resolved by testing your Internet speed and using Windows 10’s Internet Connections troubleshooter.
To use a custom DNS configuration, you should also update your graphics drivers and network drivers. Check your system for updates, add an exception to your firewall for your web browser, and disable any VPN or proxy settings you may be using.
What method did you use to fix Hulu error 94? Were there any important solutions that we missed? We’d be thrilled to have a response from you in the comments section.