Screenshots can be taken on all laptops and computers. Moreover, using this feature, you can show someone what you’re looking at, give step-by-step instructions, or capture stills from movies and television shows. In addition, this guide will answer all your questions if you just bought a new laptop or received a new gift and are wondering how to take a screenshot on HP or Lenovo laptops. Therefore, if you want to know how to screenshot on HP or Lenovo laptops, then this guide will help you.
Table of Contents
How to take a screenshot on HP and Lenovo Laptops
Indeed, How you take a screenshot on your computer or laptop depends on what software you are running and how you take the screenshot.
How to take a screenshot on a Lenovo laptop?
Lenovo laptops allow you to take screenshots in a number of ways. However, there are some that work only with Windows 10, while there are others that work with any version of Windows.
How to take a screenshot on a Lenovo laptop except Windows 10
In order to take screenshots on Lenovo laptops with Windows 10, there are two methods that you can use:
- Hold down the Windows key and press it for a few seconds
- The laptop’s PrtSc key should be pressed
- For a moment, the screen will dim
- The screenshot can be found in your Files folder under Screenshots
- For a couple of seconds, hold the Windows key
- Your laptop’s keyboard has a W key that you will need to press
- Right on the screen, a sidebar menu appears
- From the menu, select ScreenSketch
- The image can now be edited if you wish
- Make sure you save the file as well
How to take a screenshot on a Lenovo laptop other than Windows 10
Follow these steps if you are running a different version of Windows on your Lenovo laptop:
- Your keyboard’s PrtSc key should be pressed
- You will need to open Paint
- Choose paste from the menu
- Markups can be made using Paint’s tools
- Navigate to the File menu
- As soon as you have captured the screenshot, you will need to save it
How to take a screenshot on a HP laptop
In case you’re wondering how to take a screenshot on an HP laptop, no matter the make or model, it’s quick and easy.
On the keyboard of most HP laptops, right next to the delete key, there is a key called ‘Print Screen’. In addition, it is possible that this may be abbreviated to PrtScn or PrtSC, depending on the model.
- Keep both Windows and Print Screen keys pressed
- You can then capture the entire screen by doing this
- Open Paint or another image editing program
- To paste the screenshot, press CTRL + V
A screenshot can be saved as a JPG or PNG
An HP laptop full screen screenshot can be captured by following the steps above. Moreover, you can capture just part of the screen by following these steps:
- Hold down the Windows + Shift + S keys simultaneously
- There will be a white overlay on your screen and a crosshair cursor will appear
- Select an area of the screen and take a screenshot of it
- Paste and save the image using Paint or another image editing program
- To paste a screenshot, press CTRL + V at the same time
- A screenshot can be saved as a JPG or PNG
At My Universal Remote Codes, we supply a wide range of articles about HP, Lenovo and other laptops. Check out our other amazing articles below or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.