In the current heatwave, keeping your home comfortable requires a fully functional thermostat. A long day at work had left me feeling exhausted, so I thought I would just go to bed as soon as I got home. Moreover, upon returning home, I found that the room was too warm, and I did not have the energy to adjust the temperature manually. This problem led me to consider purchasing a new thermostat when it became evident. However, you will learn how to connect and setup Honeywell Thermostat to WiFi in this article. In addition, you will also learn how to register and unregister Honeywell Thermostat in this post.
My thermostat can now be controlled remotely and at my convenience without me having to think too much about it. Moreover, besides having plenty of features, it also saves energy if its settings are optimized. Recently, I came across the idea of how to connect and setup a Honeywell WiFi Thermostat.
However, in 3 easy steps, you can learn how to connect and setup the new Honeywell Thermostat to WiFi. Set up WiFi, create an account on the Total Connect Comfort website, and register your new thermostat online.
In addition, I will explain how to unregister your Honeywell thermostat in case it is not registered correctly.
Table of Contents
How to Connect your Honeywell Thermostat to WiFi
Honeywell Thermostats are available in a wide variety of models, and some of them are WiFi Thermostats.
However, when you look at the model number of a WiFi model, you will notice that it has the suffix WF as a part of the model name.
There are quite a few prerequisites you’ll be required to have ready before connecting your Honeywell Thermostat to WiFi.
- You ought to check the internet at home to verify that it is up and running.
- WiFi is within range of the thermostat device
- Available on mobile devices or computers
- The thermostat device has been turned on
- The MAC ID and CR code of your thermostat device should be noted
- There is a WiFi setting page displayed on the device
It is essential to connect your new thermostat to the internet in order for it to work properly. Moreover, we’ve got the steps on how to connect your thermostat to your WiFi or internet.
As a guide, follow these steps:
- If you open the WiFi settings on your phone, tablet, or computer, you will see a list of WiFi networks.
- If your device has specific numbers, choose the network “NewThermostat_xxxxx.“.
- Your new thermostat can be connected to your home network by selecting your wireless network.
- You should enter your home network password to connect your Honeywell thermostat to WiFi.
- The internet is now being connected to your device.
- Watch the thermostat to see if the connection is active.
- Your WiFi setup is complete if the “Connection Success” message appears.
In addition, if you have a router with 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 set as its gateway, you will need to access the WiFi page directly to setup the thermostat.
Try retrying the above steps if you experience a connection failure.
How to carry out a WiFi Reset on your Honeywell Thermostat
To reset WiFi, detach the thermostat faceplate from the wall plate, then wait 30 seconds before replacing it.
You will notice that the thermostat device attempts to connect to an earlier WiFi network after a reset.
However, by selecting the “Forget” link, you can disconnect the older network and configure a new one.
In addition, once you have configured the new network, you can skip the next step if you have already registered your thermostat online.
WiFi capabilities are available with Honeywell thermostats.
It includes circulate, hold, scheduling, changeover, and clock functions that are programmable on the device itself. Moreover, a Honeywell Home app allows you to control your thermostat remotely using WiFi and other features.
In the event that certain criteria are reached, you can program it to send text messages or emails.
In this case, it could be a matter of the temperature in the room being too low or too high, for example. Additionally, if the humidity level exceeds a certain level, this may also cause problems.
WiFi enabled features that can be controlled remotely include:
- Change temperature settings
- Setting Alerts
- Check the overall status of the project
- Humidity should be checked
- A week in advance scheduling
- Smart thermostats with geofencing
Providing convenience, ensuring safety, and reducing energy consumption are all benefits of these features.
How to Register your Honeywell Thermostat Online.
Remote access to the thermostat requires the thermostat to be registered online.
Make sure you have the MAC ID and CRC code ready before you register your Honeywell thermostat online.
Moreover, a thermostat display screen, a card included in your package, or the back of the thermostat device will list this information.
There is no case difference between the codes.
You can go ahead with the guidelines in order to setup the Honeywell Thermostat WiFi.
Get started by creating an account
Follow these steps to create an online account:
- On your computer or mobile device, open the web browser.
- To learn more about Total Connect Comfort, visit the website.
- Simply click “Create Account” to get started
- It is necessary to complete the Account information form.
- An activation email and confirmation message are sent upon account creation.
- Your mailbox will contain instructions on how to follow them.
- In a few moments, you will have access to your newly created account.
Your device must be registered online before you can use it.
Registration of the Honeywell WiFi Thermostat requires the CR and MAC addresses that you noted earlier.
To register the product, enter the following information:
- The location of your thermostat should be entered
- You will then have to enter the MAC ID of the device and the CR code
You will receive a success message after successfully registering your thermostat on the Total Connect Comfort registration page.
The registration details are also displayed under the WiFi setup page on the Thermostat display.
The thermostat device can now be accessed remotely. However, mobile devices and tablets can be used to remotely access and control your thermostat using the free ‘Total Connect Comfort’ app.
How to Unregister and Register your Honeywell Thermostat
You should unregister and register your Honeywell thermostat again if you move residence or need to change it for any other reason.
In the best case scenario, you should unregister Honeywell Thermostat from the website itself.
Take note of these steps:
- Your computer or mobile device should be open in the web browser.
- To learn more about Total Connect Comfort, visit the website.
- Your credentials will be required to log in
- You can unregister Honeywell Thermostat by clicking my location link and selecting an alternate location or by selecting delete.
- Once this step has been completed, make sure you have been unregistered.
You can also unregister by following these steps using the Honeywell app:
- Open the Honeywell Home app and log in to your account
- Please select the name of your thermostat
- Select settings from the menu
- Choose the Thermostat configuration option
- You can now delete the thermostat by selecting “Delete”
- If you want to delete the file, click “Yes”.
In the event that registration fails, what should you do?
Your Honeywell thermostat may sometimes fail to register and this error is often caused by the thermostat already being registered.
Moreover, you can delete the thermostat from the previous owner’s account if you contact him or her, and if not, you need to contact Honeywell customer service.
It’s always possible to contact Honeywell customer support if you need help installing or repairing your Honeywell thermostat.
Please feel free to contact Honeywell’s customer service team via phone, email, or social media. Several additional resources can be obtained by visiting the Honeywell company’s website.
Several Honeywell Thermostat models are now available, both with WiFi and Smart capabilities. In addition, Honeywell Thermostat are easy to setup because they have touch screens.
However, smart thermostats and WiFi thermostats share many features and benefits, but their prices differ significantly.
A smart thermostat can also learn from past experiences and adjust the temperature accordingly.
How to connect my Honeywell thermostat to WiFi?
You can connect your thermostat to WiFi by going to WiFi settings, selecting the WiFi network NewThermostat_xxxx, and then selecting your home network.
Resetting a Honeywell thermostat is easy, but what is the procedure?
In order to reset a Honeywell thermostat, you will need to separate the face plate from the wall plate and leave it for 30 seconds before reassembling it.
Can my Honeywell thermostat be connected to my phone in any way?
Use the Honeywell Home app to set up your Honeywell Thermostat with your phone.