I have a Honeywell Thermostat at my house that is the most used item in my house- every time the kids come home from school on a hot day, they kick on the air conditioning system. However, it is crucial to keep in mind, nevertheless, that this article will instruct you on how to reset a Honeywell thermostat.
The cool breeze is also constantly running in the background when I have guests over since they want their hair to be blown by the cool breeze whenever they are over.
Several times, my thermostat has crashed because of this constant manhandling. Moreover, my knowledge of how to maintain it came from when it crashed, so it ended up being a positive experience.
It has been reported that there have been instances where the thermostat screen is blank, and the unit does not work.
There was no doubt that I would need to learn how to reset my Honeywell thermostat in order to make it function properly. It’s in this post that I have provided you with a list of the reset methods for each of the Honeywell Thermostat series models that you may own.
Here is a quick guide to showing you how to reset your Honeywell thermostat:
Remove the batteries, turn the machine off, and then reverse the polarity of the batteries so that the negative terminals face upwards. In five seconds, you will need to place them back in the correct order.
In this article you will learn in-depth about how to reset Honeywell Thermostat without batteries, such as the Pro-4, Pro-5, and Pro-6 series thermostats.
Knowing your Honeywell thermostat’s model number is crucial to identifying it.
You must first know the model of your Honeywell Thermostat before you can learn how to reset it. Generally, the thermostat model number can be found on a label on the front, on the back, or on the digital interface.
You must reconfigure the settings according to the model number of the thermostat before resetting it.
Accessing the model number of the thermostat requires removing the base plate.
My Honeywell Thermostat was installed with no C-wire, thus simplifying this procedure a lot quicker for me to complete.
You can find the thermostat’s model number by following these steps:
- In the case of a mains powered thermostat, shut off the circuit using the circuit breaker. In case the thermostat is still on, the batteries should be removed (due to battery backup).
- Remove the thermostat from the base plate with care so that the clips and pins are not damaged. It may be necessary to pull the thermostat from the bottom of some models.
- The thermostat’s model number should be noted on the back.
- The thermostat should be reattached to the base plate by putting it back on.
How To Reset Various Models Of Honeywell Thermostat:
As a result of this article, we will be able to show you how to reset the Honeywell T5+ / T5 / T6 Pro series thermostats without the need for batteries
There is a little bit more work involved in resetting these thermostats. In the absence of batteries, you cannot simply pull them out and pop them back in again, because they do not have batteries.
There are thermostats that automatically adjust to the temperature of the room. By connecting it to your device via WiFi, Apple HomeKit, or Voice Commands, the settings can be customized.
You can touch the screen on the T6 Pro Series to turn on the screen, and the cover plate illuminates when you do so. It is important to note that this model differs slightly from the T5 in terms of its appearance.
Firstly, you need to unlock the Honeywell thermostat prior to proceeding with the simple tasks on how to reset it.
Set the settings back to their factory defaults by resetting them
The steps below will show you how to reset the Honeywell T5+ / T5 / T6 Pro Series Thermostats back to their factory default settings by performing these simple tasks:
- It is important to make sure that the device is turned on (always on at all times).
- After pressing the menu button, hold it for five seconds.
- As you scroll to the left, stop when you see ‘Reset’ written on the screen.
- The factory can be selected by clicking the ‘Select’ button.
- You will see a message that asks ‘Are you sure?’
- The prompt will ask you to choose Yes.
- There will be no problems with the reset of your device.
It is necessary to reset the WiFi settings on your device
These simple instructions show you how to reset the WiFi settings on your Honeywell T-5+ / T-5 / T-6 Pro Series thermostat:
- Make sure you have your smartphone or tablet with you.
- To turn off wireless data and Wi-Fi connections on your device, go to settings and toggle Airplane mode on. You can now choose your device by launching the Honeywell Home App.
- By selecting the COG wheel, you can access your thermostat’s settings.
- You will be guided through the Wi-Fi resetting process once you select it.
- The thermostat’s temperature display should be held down for a few seconds.
- There will be a Wi-Fi broadcast from the thermostat.
- You can continue by pressing the next button on the app.
- Choose the Lyric Network names; the app will tell you how to configure the thermostat.
- You can continue by pressing the next button.
- Select ‘done’ and enter the 4-digit display of your device to repair it to the thermostat.
- Enter the password for your home network and click ‘Next’.
- Sync the thermostat and the mobile app after the WiFi has been reset for 7 to 12 minutes.
- The thermostat should now appear in your mobile app.
Honeywell thermostat schedules need to be reset
You can use this method to reset the schedules of your T-5+ / T-5 / T-6 Pro Series devices to their original factory settings. However, in order to accomplish Thermostat schedules resetting, follow these steps:
- The menu icon should be pressed and held for a few seconds.
- You will be given the option of resetting your account when you choose to do so.
- The schedule option must be selected.
- A reset has been made to the schedule of your thermostat.
The HomeKit settings need to be reset
These steps will guide you through the process of resetting a Honeywell T5+ / T5 / T6 thermostat using HomeKit:
- In order to get to the menu, keep holding down the menu button for a few seconds.
- The symbol for reset will appear; press it.
- By pressing the symbol, you can now reset HomeKit.
- There has been a reset of the device that has been performed.
The things you need to know before figuring out how to reset the Honeywell Smart Thermostat & Lyric Round Thermostat in a hassle-free manner
There are a lot of buttons and controls on the back of Honeywell Smart and Lyric Round Thermostats.
Additionally, it is controlled by these thermostats that measure the humidity in the air, so you can control your central air conditioner and heater.
Resetting Honeywell Smart and Lyric Round Thermostats is possible in several ways:
Set the Lyric Round settings back to factory defaults
Resetting Honeywell Smart and Lyric Round models is as simple as following these steps:
- To turn on the weather, press and hold the ‘Weather button’ for five to ten seconds.
- You will see a menu button appear on the screen.
- By scrolling down the page, you will be able to choose ‘Factory reset’.
- Then, select ‘OK’ and then ‘YES’ to confirm your selection.
- After resetting your device to factory default settings, you will be able to use it again.
Your WiFi network will need to be reset in order to work properly
Using our guide, you will be able to learn how to reset the Wi-Fi settings on Honeywell Smart Thermostat & Lyric Round Thermostat.
Following are the simple steps you should follow to reset your network settings:
- Hold the ‘Cloud’ icon when the scrolling option appears.
- Choose Wi-Fi from the list of options at the bottom.
- Click on the ‘Setup’ option again after scrolling down.
- The Wi-Fi reset of the device has been completed.
The settings for HomeKit need to be reset
Here are the steps you need to follow to reset your Honeywell Smart & Lyric Round thermostat with HomeKit:
- Hold the ‘Cloud’ icon down and press it again.
- You can reset your HomeKit by scrolling down.
- If you want to reset HomeKit, select that option.
- There has been a successful reset of the system.
Here is a comprehensive guide on how to reset the Honeywell 9000 Wi-Fi
Honeywell’s 9000 Wi-Fi thermostat models are packed with advanced features you can depend on. In addition, voice control and Google Assistant compatibility are among the advanced features.
Moreover, if any incidents occur at your home, these models provide notifications and alerts.
Furthermore, you can use the thermostats to control other thermostats and program them according to your location’s climate.
It is possible to reset this model using one of the methods listed below if you wish to do so.
It is advised that all settings be reset to factory settings
As stated in the user manual, the Honeywell 9000 Wi-Fi thermostat can be reset to its default settings by following these steps:
- The Menu button should be pressed.
- Locate the preferences by scrolling down.
- You can find ‘Restore Factory Settings’ by scrolling down again.
- Select the option ‘YES’. You have now completed the reset process.
Your device needs to be reset to its default WiFi settings
Here are the steps you need to follow to reset your Honeywell 9000 Wi-Fi thermostat’s Wi-Fi settings:
- In order to proceed, you must press the ‘Menu’ button.
- In the list of options, you will have the option to select ‘WiFi Setup’.
- You will need to follow the instructions to reset your device.
- Resetting the WiFi has been completed.
It is necessary to reset the schedule on the thermostat
In addition to the instructions in the user manual, you can follow the steps below to reset the schedule of the Honeywell 9000 Wi-Fi thermostat:
- On the leftmost part of the window, click on the ‘Menu’ icon.
- The ‘Preferences’ button will appear once you hold the button down.
- By pressing and holding the button, you will be able to select ‘Restore Default Schedule’.
- We have now completed the process of resetting the schedule for the device.
A Guide that Explains in-Depth and Clearly How to reset the Honeywell 6000 Wi-Fi Thermostat
The Honeywell 6000 Wi-Fi thermostat allows you to control your home’s temperature and navigate remotely.
If you would like to take advantage of this feature, you will need to first register yourself on the Honeywell website by creating an account.
If you own this model and you need to know how to reset the device, there are several methods that you can use if you own it and you wish to learn how to do it.
It is advised that the settings be reset to the factory defaults
You can reset your Honeywell 6000 Wi-Fi thermostat following the steps in the user manual.
Factory default settings can be restored by following these steps:
- When the device is turned on, select the ‘Fan’ button.
- Several seconds should be held while pressing and holding the Fan buttons.
- Once you’ve pressed and held the ‘Up’ arrow, wait five to ten seconds.
- Now hold down the 4th button from the left for 1 and a half minutes.
- Once the digit turns into ‘1’, keep pressing.
- Complete the process by clicking the ‘Done’ button.
- Default settings have been restored to the device after a factory reset.
You should reset your WiFi settings
As explained in this section, the Honeywell 6000 Wi-Fi Thermostat’s Wi-Fi settings can be reset by following the following steps:
- On your thermostat, press and hold the ‘Fan’ and ‘Up’ arrows.
- Press the following buttons until the left side of the screen reaches ’39’.
- In order to change ‘1’ into ‘0’, you will need to press ‘Down’ and the ‘1’ will be changed to ‘0’.
- After you have finished configuring your wireless connection, click ‘Done’.
- On your mobile device, open the ‘Device Settings’ and locate the Wi-Fi networks available.
- Choose ‘Connect’ and enter the Wi-Fi name and number of your thermostat.
- Input the IP address on the Honeywell Thermostat Wi-Fi page by going to the ‘Home screen’.
- Connect to your home WiFi network by selecting ‘Connect’.
- The Wi-Fi reset is successful if the message ‘Connection Success’ appears.
There is a need to reset the thermostat schedule
It is a simple process to reset the schedule of a Honeywell 6000 Wi-Fi thermostat, and here is what you will need to do in order to do so:
- You must press the ‘Up’ arrow as well as the ‘Fan’ button at the same time.
- There will be a number on the left of the screen; change it to ’85’.
- Change the number to 1 by clicking near the opposite side.
- There has been a reset of the thermostat’s schedule.
It is both easy and comprehensive to follow this tutorial on How to reset the Honeywell 8320 & 8580 Wi-Fi thermostats on your own without any hassles:
With the Honeywell 8320 and 8580 Wi-Fi thermostats, you can control your heating and cooling remotely and at any time.
In addition to the 10-inch LCD screen, these devices require four AAA batteries to operate. If your thermostat is one of these models, you can reset it using these methods.
Reset the settings to factory defaults
You will learn how to reset a Honeywell 8320 or 8580 Wi-Fi thermostat to its factory default settings in this section.
Based on these models’ user manuals, here are the steps:
- The thermostat should be on (they should be on).
- To proceed further you need to select ‘System’ option.
- Once you have pressed and held the black buttons, wait five seconds.
- Make sure the ‘Restore Factory Settings’ option is selected.
- We have reset the factory default settings to their original state.
There is a need to reset the WiFi settings on the device
There are a couple of steps that need to be followed in order to reset the Wi-Fi settings on Honeywell 8320 and 8580 thermostats:
- In order to disconnect the router, you must remove the faceplate.
- Wait for a few moments after disconnecting the router before reconnecting it back in.
- Connect the faceplate again after plugging it back in.
- It will be necessary for you to select the ‘System’ button.
- You will see a new screen after pressing and holding the center buttons.
- The number on the left should be changed to ‘0900’.
- Changing the Number on the right side to ‘0’ and pressing ‘done’ will complete the process.
- Your computer should show the thermostat Wi-Fi option.
- Once you have selected your home network, go back and click on it.
- It has been determined that the WiFi settings on the device have been reset.
Maintain a regular schedule for resetting the thermostat
You will learn how to reset the Honeywell 8320 and 8580 Wi-Fi thermostat schedule in this part. The steps for resetting your thermostat schedule easily are as follows:
- The ‘System’ option can be found in the menu.
- Simply click the black box in the middle of the window while it is held.
- On the leftmost part of the window, modify the number to ‘0165’.
- On the rightmost part of the window, modify the number to ‘1’.
- Please select the option ‘Done’.
- There has now been a reset of the thermostat schedule.
Here is a comprehensive guide on How to reset the Honeywell 8321 Wi-Fi Thermostat
This Honeywell 8321 Wi-Fi thermostat is one of the most advanced products on the market today;
it comes equipped with fast connectivity and is designed to keep the users comfortable.
However, the thermostat can also be controlled from anywhere at any time, in addition to being energy-efficient.
Several different methods exist for resetting this model.
Reset the settings to factory defaults
The Honeywell 8321 thermostat can be reset by following these steps:
- Firstly, choose ‘Dealer Information’ from the menu.
- Secondly, the date code can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Thirdly, once you have finished, click ‘Done’.
- Then, on the page that follows, click on ‘Installer Options’.
- This is where you should enter your date code and choose ‘Reset to Default’
- Finally, if you would like to proceed, click on the ‘Yes’ button.
The Wi-Fi settings need to be reset
The Honeywell 8321 Wi-Fi thermostat’s Wi-Fi settings can be reset by following these steps:
You will need to select the ‘Menu’ button.
Once Wi-Fi setup appears, click on the ‘Down’ arrow.
The Wi-Fi setup should be chosen.
Resetting the Wi-Fi settings on the device has been successful.
Schedule the thermostat to reset
Steps for scheduling a reset of your Honeywell 8321 Wi-Fi thermostat are as follows:
- When the ‘Menu’ button appears, click on the ‘Down’ arrow until the ‘Preferences’ box appears.
- You will see ‘Default Schedule’ after selecting ‘Preferences’ and pressing the ‘Down’ arrow button.
- The ‘Default Schedule’ should be selected.
- Resetting the schedule of the device is performed.
Here is a comprehensive guide on How to reset the Honeywell T6 Z-Wave Thermostat
There is a large touch screen on the Honeywell T6 Z-Wave thermostat, and it requires 3 AA batteries to operate.
However, this is an energy-saving device that provides excellent comfort to the user and is very energy-efficient.
Moreover, the only method that you can use to reset this device is as follows if you would like to do so.
You can reset your thermostat through the Z-Wave exclusion feature The Honeywell T6 Z-Wave thermostat can be reset successfully using the Z-Wave Exclusion method.
To get started, follow these steps:
- To access the menu, press the thermostat’s ‘menu’ button.
- You’ll see ‘Reset’ when you scroll right or left.
- Then select the option ‘Select’.
- Once you see ‘Schedule’, scroll right or left again.
- Then select the option ‘Select’.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- An attempt has been made to reset the device.
EM Heat is one of the most commonly activated features on Honeywell thermostats when the primary source of heat fails. Additionally, your Honeywell Thermostat will need to be reset if this does not happen.
You can schedule Honeywell thermostats to turn on and off based on your heating and cooling needs.
Moreover, be careful not to reset your Honeywell Thermostat by reversing the polarity while installing fresh batteries.
You have the option to set a 7-day setting or to set each day individually depending on what suits you best.
My Honeywell thermostat is not working; what is the problem?
The Honeywell thermostat may stop working for a number of reasons. In addition, it is possible for Honeywell thermostats to malfunction for the following reasons:
- The batteries have a problem and need to be replaced
- The HVAC system’s access door has a problem that needs to be addressed
- It is possible that there has been an occurrence of the circuit breaker tripping
Does the Honeywell thermostat have a reset button?
If you follow specific instructions, you can restart Honeywell thermostats without pressing a specific ‘reset button’.
Does Honeywell have a recovery mode for its thermostats?
Honeywell thermostats in recovery mode were previously in energy-saving mode and are now in normal mode.
However, if the thermostat is in recovery mode, it adjusts the temperature higher or lower than the outside temperature.
What is the best way to bypass Honeywell’s recovery mode?
By disabling the recovery mode in the settings, you can bypass the Honeywell thermostat’s recovery mode.
The mode can, however, be programmed to run on particular days if you don’t want to disable it altogether.