Have you ever come across a TCL TV that is stuck on a red loading screen every time you try to use it? It looks like you have landed on the right page if you have a TCL Roku TV that is stuck on the red screen. We have provided the reasons why your TCL Roku TV is stuck on red screen may happen and how to fix it.
According to estimates, TCL is the 25th largest manufacturer of consumer appliances in the world. Aside from its TVs, it is a well-known brand for its affordability and the quality of its TVs.
As a result of their integrated nature, TCL Roku TVs have become very popular due to their popularity. In addition to the TCL hardware, it also comes with Roku software, which makes it a great buy.
There is a problem that some TCL Roku TV users are experiencing when they are stuck on the red loading screen. We will make an effort to identify a solution to the issue with TCL Roku TV here.
Is there a reason why my Roku TV Stuck On The Red Screen?
There could be several reasons why your TCL Roku TV is stuck on the red loading screen. Hardware defects, firmware issues, failed updates, software bugs, heating issues, and power supply issues contributed to this issue.
It is pertinent to note that some cases can be resolved by resolving these issues.
There could be hardware issues like a failed motherboard, malfunctioning wires, or cables that aren’t working.
There are also common issues with the display of old TV sets. Moreover, there can be detectable issues with the TV because of magnetic interference caused by the speakers.
There is a possibility that failed updates can result in miscommunication in the boot files or they might not work at all due to different versions of the file.
When this happens, you will only be able to get assistance from the engineers of the company in such a case. A faulty power supply or heating issue can damage the TV and cause it to appear to be stuck on the boot screen.
Is there a way to fix a Roku TV that is stuck on the red screen?
Solution 1: Check the HDMI source for problems.
A different input source is recommended instead of the HDMI cable. Also, you may want to try changing the power source.
The HDMI adapter may have a problem. It is important to adjust the cable and to adjust it for the media device as well.
Solution 2: Restart your TCL Roku TV and see if that helps.
Roku preinstalled on your TCL TV requires a restart if you don’t have a separate Roku box.
In order to find out if restarting your system will help you, you might want to follow these steps.
- Your remote control should be set to the Home position.
- The Up Arrow should be pressed in order to proceed.
- Click on the Rewind Arrow button twice.
- It is imperative to press twice the Fast Forward button in order to initiate the process.
- Due to this, the system will have to be restarted as a result.
- When you press the correct buttons, you will see the TV restarting and hopefully returning to normal.
Solution 3: You need to power cycle your Roku TV.
There is a very effective way that can be used to fix a lot of issues on your TV that can be fixed by power cycling it. I suggest that you give it a try, it might be able to fix the TCL TV stuck on the loading screen or red screen.
The steps below will guide you through power cycling your TCL Roku TV.
- You can turn off your TCL Roku TV using the remote control.
- The TV should now be unplugged from the wall.
- The TV should not be connected to any external devices or wires.
- Press and hold the power button on the TV for ten to thirty seconds at a time.
- For fifteen and thirty minutes, you need to wait.
- Turn on your TV after plugging it in.
Solution 4: It might be a good idea to try clearing the cache of your TCL Roku TV.
Software uses caches to speed up the performance of apps and other functions by storing temporary data. If the cache grows too large, it can pose greater of a problem than a benefit.
Follow these steps to fix the red tint stuck on your TCL Roku by learning its cache.
- Press the Home button on Roku remote 5 times in order to begin.
- The Up button should now be pressed twice.
- Then press twice on the Rewind button.
- Double-click fast forward twice to complete the process.
Your Roku TV will now freeze, turn black, and then restart itself as soon as you press these button combinations.
Solution 5: The TCL Roku TV system’s firmware needs to be updated.
Possibly your device has faulty firmware or software bugs that are causing problems.
To rule out the possibility of the system not working again after a physical reset, upgrade your system.
Follow these steps to update the firmware on your TCL Roku TV.
- It is imperative to hold down the home button on the remote.
- Choose the settings option.
- Select System and click OK.
- On the screen, select the System Update option.
- Select Check Now if you would like to manually check for updates.
- Once you press Update, your device will restart updating if there are any updates available.
Solution 6: Reset your Roku device physically.
- Your device needs to be plugged in.
- You can find the reset text on your Roku device and there is usually a button underneath the reset text. It is also possible to have pinholes.
- For 10-15 seconds, hold the button down. Insert a pin and press it for the specified amount of time if it’s a pinhole.
- After the reset has been completed, a flashing and blinking light will appear.
- Your device will be factory reset when you do this.
Solution 7: If the TCL Roku TV is still stuck on the red screen, then reach out to customer service.
Customer Support can help you if these problems are causing you too much stress.
TCL TV customer service can be reached at 1-877-300-8837, and they will be happy to assist you.
Also, they will assist you through the process and offer you the optimally suitable options.
Please note the model number of your TV and other information before contacting Customer Support.
Alternatively, a technician can come to your home and repair the TV or you can take it to a repair shop.
Solution 8: Get a new TV and replace your old one with it.
It is possible that something inside the computer has failed, such as the motherboard, causing the issue.
Prior to replacing your TV, make sure your TV is still under warranty and that you have all the warranty information at your disposal.
Solution 9: Your TV’s cables need to be replaced.
Ensure that the HDMI cable has been replaced and that it supports TV streaming functionality as well as HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection).
It is not a problem that spoils the TV’s colours, but it is a problem that stops you from viewing content on it.
Q1. What is the reason for my Roku TV picture staying stuck on a red screen?
- There are a number of reasons why your device’s picture may be red, including the following.
- The HDMI cable has a problem and needs to be replaced.
- There is a loose HDMI cable.
- HDMI ports have a problem.
- Issues with the display.
- Problems with the hardware.
Q2. Is there a way to unfreeze a TCL TV that is most effective?
- It is possible to unfreeze your TV by resetting the power supply on your television.
Remove your TV from the power supply by pushing down the power button for a brief time.
Reconnect the TV and turn it on now that it has been unplugged.
The Reset button on the back of your TV can also be used to Factory Reset your TV, if available.
Is there a reason why my Roku TV keeps getting stuck on the red loading screen?
It is possible for there to be a number of reasons why your TCL Roku TV is stuck on the loading screen.
- Problems with the hardware.
- An issue with firmware.
- There was an error updating.
- There are software bugs.
- Problems with heating and power supply.
Q3. Do you have a clue if there is a way to reset a Roku TCL TV?
- To restore Roku’s default settings, follow the steps listed below.
- On your remote control, you can change your settings using the Settings button.
- Once you have selected System with the remote’s Arrow buttons, press OK.
- Press OK after selecting Advanced system settings.
- Press OK after selecting Factory Reset.
- After the TV has finished playing, turn it off.
- Setup App will begin after the TV has been turned back on.
Conclusion: TCL Roku TV Stuck On Red Screen [FIXED]
Warranty information can certainly make the process easier and less stressful if you encounter a hardware problem.
Make sure your TV comes with enough warranties so that you will be covered in case of major problems.
Using the methods listed above, you can fix your malfunctioning TCL Roku TV stuck on the red logo.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article, and we look foreword to seeing you again!