A set-top box (STB) for any brand, often known commonly to be a cable box, is a device that typically consists of a TV-tuner input and displays output to a TV set and an external source of the signal. Moreover, by the time the TV set turns on after all the connections, the source signal is converted into a form of content, which is then displayed on the TV screen or other display device. And ADB (Advanced Digital Broadcast) is one such company that provides such set-top boxes for various system and service solutions. However, you can find the list and setup guide of the ADB STB Cable box remote control codes below.
ADB’s STB comes with a remote; you can call it an STB remote control, two AA batteries for remote, and a set-top box power adapter. However, while setting up your new cable box with the TV you’ve, you need to program the device with your ADB remote control. Moreover, there’re various ways to program your TV with the ADB remote – code search, auto programming method, etc.
However, to start with STB on TV remote control provided by ADB is needed to program right from the front. However, before that, you need to carry forward the installation part of the cable box. Moreover, let’s talk about how to do it first.
ADB STB Cable box remote codes
Installation Steps for ADB STB on TV: Program ADB STB TV Remote Codes
Connecting your TV directly to your Set-Top Box’s Audio/Video output will ensure a more vivid picture and increase your viewing satisfaction. Before attaching the decoder to the power supply, connect all cords. Similarly, before disconnecting or reconnecting cords from the decoder – always unplug them from the power source. However, these ADB STB cable box remote codes can be easily programmed by following methods.
- Connect the Ethernet cable.
- Based on the type of TV you own (for an SD TV set), connect your receiver using an HDMI cable for an HD TV set or an RCA connector.
Note: Please hit the Green and then the “1” button on the RCU if you have no video showing up after about a few minutes or if you are unable to see the user interface graphics. Also, note the programming ADB STB cable box remote control codes is only one time process.
- Audio devices like home theatre can also be connected.
- Connecting the decoder to the power supply socket is the final step.
You may now switch to your television set. Make sure you have selected the appropriate signal source for the TV. However, if you are not sure how you’re going to do it, please look at your TV user manual. This is how you can complete the ADB STB cable box remote control codes setup without any difficulties.
However, after completing the cable box setup, you need to program the ADB remote to work on your TV. To program, you might need the codes according to the brand of your TV. In addition, we have listed out the most common ADB STB Cable Box TV remote codes you can see below.
Most Common Television Remote Codes:
The following table contains the brand name of the device and the ADB cable box remote codes. However, take a look at the codes and note down the codes according to the brand you use. In addition, once you’re done with the code-finding, input the code or codes to program the ADB cable box remote the control the device. Indeed, you will need ADB STB cable box remote control codes in order to program your device.
1080, 1178, 1264, 1403
0097, 0151, 0173, 0178, 0171, 1963, 1944, 0227, 0279, 0409, 0413, 0797, 1960, 0154, 0236, 0463, 0180, 0623, 0282, 0280, 0270, 0185, 0183, 0182, 0181, 0179, 0177, 0158, 0039, 0038, 0019
1145, 0145, 0016, 0032, 0038, 0056, 0095
1080, 1089, 1101, 1494, 1502
1286, 1603, 1990
0053, 0160, 0169, 0182, 0036, 0069, 0731, 1253
1256, 0178, 0442, 1325, 1423, 1758, 0700, 0829, 0856, 1178, 1993
1454, 0054, 0030, 0706, 0186, 0179, 0096, 1963, 1944, 1525, 1254, 1198, 0802, 0386, 0230, 0187, 0036, 0028, 0024, 0020
TV Remote Codes List: ADB STB Cable box remote control codes
0093, 1250, 0150, 0331, 0358, 0836, 0178, 0014, 0019, 0098, 0155, 0868, 1550
0154, 0250, 0166, 0650
0250, 0051, 0055, 1291, 1410, 1941, 0162, 0226, 0338, 0375, 0650, 1946, 1947
1454, 1154, 1483, 0054, 0690
0765, 0865, 1327, 1328, 1341, 1498, 1262, 1276, 1314, 1316, 1326, 1523, 1991, 1992
1447, 0047, 2002, 0278, 0174, 0135, 0090, 1958, 1953, 1948, 1547,1347, 1247, 1147, 1047, 0747, 0679, 0038, 0029, 0019, 0018
0060, 0812, 0702, 1395, 1312, 1060, 0814, 0178, 0030, 1903, 1575, 0766, 0427, 0408, 0329, 0056, 0032, 0019
0154, 0088, 0107, 0484, 0799, 0893, 0146, 0159, 0232, 1142
0878, 1360, 1217, 1599
0093, 0039, 0153, 0281, 0386, 0398, 0491, 0157, 0165, 0220, 0688, 0689, 0818, 0851, 1602
1100, 0000, 0011, 0353, 0810, 0834, 0080, 0111, 0273, 1317
0054, 0030, 0171, 0096, 0381, 1271, 0020, 0028, 0065, 1944, 1963
0154, 1256, 0156, 1325, 1306, 1156, 0845, 1265, 0060, 1945, 1935, 1704, 1656, 1635, 1356, 1343, 0832, 0650, 0149, 0036
0864, 0885, 1499, 1756, 1758
0017, 0463, 1265, 0178, 0092, 0016
So this is the list of common codes you will be needed to program your television with the STB you have bought to access the channels. Now, let’s start discussing how to program and setup with the ADB cable box remote control codes. You need to understand that it is not only possible to schedule television, but also a remote control to operate various devices like TVs, DVD players, Blu-ray players, VCRs, etc.
How to Program Your Device with ADB Remote Control – Basic Tips
Programming the ADB remote which you’ve got with the set-top box is easy. Either you do it by brand ADB remote control setup, auto-programming search, or learning method. In brand setup, you will be needed the code to program the device you want, and the code can be found in this guide. Moreover, if you’ve missed finding the code, scroll up and see. Whereas in the auto-search procedure, no code will be needed to enter. However, ensure that this process should be used when none of the brand codes work out. However, you will require ADB STB cable box remote control codes to program your device.
The last option left is the learning mode. In this process, what you basically need to do is to transfer the information from one remote to another. In addition, so what are you waiting for! Let’s get started programming your new remote in one of the following ways. Moreover, find applicable remote code from the list of ADB STB cable box remote control codes before starting with programming process.
Option 1: Brand Set-up
The brand setup option is simple and can be done by anyone if the code for the device is known. First, you will need to identify the device manufacturer in the programming code list of Remote Control. These codes can be found on the booklet that came with your set-top box.
- Turn on the remote control device you want to program.
- From the remote, press the corresponding device button – “TV,” “DVD,” or “AUX.” Make use of the AUX button for programming your VCR.
- Press the RCU SETUP key and hold it until the device key blinks twice.
- Now, from the list, enter one of the codes. The device button will blink twice if the code is correct.
- If the code is wrong, a long blink will be emitted. Repeat the procedure to try each code in the code list until the correct code is found.
- Press the “Power” button. You have chosen the right code when the device turns off.
- If any of the ADB STB cable box remote control codes fail to work, try an Automatic Search to help find the correct code. See instructions below.
Option 2: Automatic Search
If you don’t have access to the specific code for the brand or type of device you wish to control, the Automatic search option is best for you.
The Automatic search should be used only when neither of the specified ADB cable box codes on your device works or if your device’s brand name is not given in the code listing.
- Firstly, switch on the device you want the remote control to program.
- Secondly, from the remote, press the corresponding device button – “TV,” “DVD, ” or “AUX.”
- Thirdly, press the “SETUP RCU” button and hold it twice until the device key blinks.
- Then, using the remote number pad, press “9” “9” “1.” The device button will blink twice.
- Aim the remote at the device you have programmed with your remote control and push the Power button.
- Press the button – Channel up or Channel down repeatedly until the device turns off.
- Then, press the Power to turn the device on.
- Press the RCU SETUP to save the code for the device. The device key will blink twice. The device is now scheduled for action on your remote control.
- Finally, to search automatically for codes that correspond to other devices, simply repeat the following steps by selecting the proper device button: “TV,” “DVD,” or “AUX.”
Option 3: The Learning Method
If your device code is not found and your search feature cannot find your device’s code, then your best choice may be the learning feature.
This basically means that you want to transfer the information from the Factory issued remote to the ADB remote (power, volume, etc.) It bypasses the code search procedure required to get a code for the device you want to control.
- Firstly, hold down the RCU SETUP button until the last selected mode button blinks twice. (TV, DVD, etc.)
- Secondly, enter the keys – 9 7 5.
- Thirdly, hit the TV button.
- Fourthly, press the button you wish to program – that is the POWER button on the ADB remote.
- Then, place the original remote head-to-head with the ADB remote approximately 2″ apart.
- Finally, press and hold the same button, which is the power button on the ORIGINAL remote. The ADB remote TV button will blink quickly and turn off. Hold down the key on the original remote until the TV button on the ADB remote blinks twice.
If the learning process is failed, the TV button will emit one long blink. Moreover, you will need to repeat step 6. Indeed, that’s all you need to do. In addition, ADB STB cable box remote codes are swift and easy to program and handle.
How to Setup ADB Remote to Turn On/Off TV While in STB Mode? : Setup ADB STB cable box remote control codes
If you’re looking for the guidelines or procedure to set up your ADB remote to access your TV power (on/off) while in STB mode, you will get the answer from the following simple steps.
Use the steps given below to allow the ADB remotes to turn on/off the TV while in Set Top Box (STB) mode. Additionally, this will eliminate the need to switch between TV mode and STB mode. However, you can determine which mode the remote is in as the LED mode light will flash when any button on the remote is pressed.
NOTE: Indeed, with this setup guidelines, ONLY the TV power (on/off) will be controlled using the remote while in STB mode. Moreover, the STB power will have to be switched on/off by pushing the power button located on the front panel of the STB. In addition,you can also setup and program ADB STB cable box without remote codes.
To control the TV power from STB mode: Setup ADB STB Cable box remote codes
- First thing first, push the “STB” button.
- Then, press the RCU Setup and hold it until STB flashes twice.
- Secondly, enter 9 9 5 keys.
- Press the “Power” button.
- Next, press the “TV” option.
- Press “Power.”
- Then, press “STB.”
- Finally, press and hold the RCU Setup till STB flashes twice.
That’s it! With the above procedure, you can now able to access the TV power (on/off) while the remote in STB mode. Moreover, if the process couldn’t get you what you want, repeat the steps carefully. Indeed, you have successfully programmed ADB STB cable box remote control codes.
The Bottom Line: Setup ADB Cable Box Remote Codes
Indeed, we’ve explained clearly about various programming and setup methods with or without ADB STB cable box remote control codes. However, with this guide, you not only access your new ADB STB remote control with the TV brand you have, but you learn how to transfer the programming information to the remote you want using the learning mode. If you’ve found this guide quite informative and helpful, we would be thankful!