When your Hitachi TV won’t turn on, it’s inevitable that you’ll be frustrated. There is a possibility you will miss out on your favorite game or the newest episode of your favorite show.
Despite your frustration, you can quickly get your TV up and running by following these troubleshooting tips. Let us assist you!
You may also love to read: How to AC Is Not Turning on
To know all of the common reasons why your hitachi tv not turning on, make sure you read this guide to the end.
Let’s get started, without further ado.
How to Fix a Non-Starting Hitachi TV
1. Check the power cord:
Let’s start at the beginning. Ensure that your power cord is in working order before we proceed. Check to see if any connections are loose or damaged and plug it in where it shouldn’t be.
Make sure there’s no dirt or debris on the plug itself.
2. Test the power source:
Let’s check the power source now.
- Your circuit breaker must first be turned off.
- Connect your Hitachi TV again after disconnecting it for five seconds.
- It is more likely that the problem lies with your electrical system rather than the Hitachi TV.
- You may need to call an electrician if the Hitachi TV doesn’t work.
You may also love to read: My Samsung TV Keeps Turning Off Every 5 Seconds
3. Check the power button on Hitachi TV:
The power button should also be checked if your Hitachi won’t start. Ensure it’s not dirty or stuck.
You should be able to turn on the Hitachi TV by pressing the power button. If not, you will need to clean the button or press it.
Tools are not required for this task. A toothbrush or your fingers will suffice.
4. Unplug the Hitachi TV and wait for 10-seconds:
Wait 10 seconds after unplugging the Hitachi TV. Turn it back on after plugging it back in.
You should perform this step because sometimes dirt or debris accumulate on your electrical outlet’s contacts, preventing your television from receiving power.
For instance, It is important to ensure that any surge protector you have in your home or office does not cause problems. Ensure the contact points are clean by unplugging it and re-cleaning it. No tools are needed. A toothbrush or your fingers will suffice.
You may also love to read: If Your LG TV Won’t Turn On
5. Check the connections of Hitachi TV:
Your Hitachi TV’s connections should be tight and not loose. Make sure they are.
Be sure the electrical connection between the TV and the power cord is secure.
6. Check the fuse:
In the next step, check the fuse. There is a small black device looking like a matchhead on the fuse. This is situated on the circuit board within the Hitachi TV cabinet.
To check the fuse:
- Remove the Hitachi TV’s faceplate first.
- After you’ve removed the face plate, you’ll need to remove the four Phillips screws that hold it in place.
- Once you remove the faceplate, you will find a small black box with a few thin wires coming from it.
- Fuses are connected to thin black wires.
- If a fuse is green, it is normally OK. If a fuse is red or black, it usually means it is bad.
The following factors can cause a blown fuse:
- A shorted or open circuit
- It may be corroded
- An unreliable connection.
Have you still not been able to turn on your Hitachi TV? If so, proceed to the next step.
You may also love to read: How to Turn on Roku TV Without Remote
7. HDMI Glitch:
Your Hitachi TV may also fail to turn on due to a HDMI glitch.
When this occurs, unplug the Hitachi TV from the power source for 10 seconds before plugging it in again and turning it on. The problem should be resolved.
8. Surge Protector Failing:
Circuit breakers with battery backups are called surge protectors. Your Hitachi TV may not receive proper power if your power supply is malfunctioning.
The surge protector needs to be replaced in this case.
9. Reset Your Timer:
A timer is built into Hitachi TVs. When it is not in use for more than 40 minutes, it resets itself. It is possible that you need to reset your timer to 60-minutes or even 120-minutes if you set your timer to 40-minutes and your Hitachi TV still does not turn on.
You should just make sure the time does not exceed the time your Hitachi TV will be used. Otherwise, you will end up with a dead television.
To reset Hitachi TV timer:
- Keep the Menu button depressed for eight seconds.
- The four arrow buttons will appear once you release the Menu button.
- When the screens displays 0-9, keep the Plus (+) button pressed.
- Press the Set button after selecting 09 with the Arrow buttons.
- Restarting the Hitachi TV will reset the timer to 40 minutes, and the TV will restart itself.
You may also love to read: Samsung TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light
10. Read the manual:
There may be a repair manual in the envelope that also came with your Hitachi TV. Make sure you read it. Read it if one is included. You may find a solution there. Best of luck!
A licensed electrician should be contacted if none of these tips work. Avoid trying to solve the issue on your own. If you lack technical expertise, it is potentially dangerous.
You should contact a technician and ask them to come and check your system. Make sure you avoid these TV brands if you are planning to buy one.
You may also love to read: HOW TO TURN ON HISENSE TV BLUETOOTH?
Here are 7 ways to prevent your television from breaking down
You can prevent your TV from breaking down if there is a power outage or a broken socket by following these 10 easy tips.
- If you have a surge protector, you shouldn’t use an extension cord.
- To ensure that the television works correctly before you turn it on, keep a flashlight near it and turn it on before turning it on.
- VCRs and DVD players should be unplugged when not in use.
- If you are going to sleep at night, do not leave the TV on.
- Turn off the controller (channel) whenever you want to change channels. While watching a video or DVD, this will prevent you from accidentally changing the channel.
- Remove the plug from the wall socket when you aren’t using your TV. A blackout will not occur if the power isn’t allowed to drain down to almost anything.
- TV screen protectors should never be removed.
You may also love to read: Turn Off Your Amazon Fire TV Stick
Hopefully your Hitachi TV is now operating properly after completing all of these steps. Some of the most common causes of hitachi tv not turning on include the following.
Other factors may also be involved. Please contact Hitachi’s service center if you are still facing Hitachi TV Won’t Turn On.