GE Backlit Universal Remote Control Codes & Programming Guide
Nowadays, we have a lot of devices at home. We also have TVs, CD players, set-top boxes, and many more. To operate each device, use the remote control that comes with it. However, we are sometimes confused by so many remote controls. A GE universal remote can be programmed with the various codes, and again, this is a simple process.
While it may sound heavy, we made finding the general electric universal remote control codes process easier and easier, and we also wrote a review about the GE universal remote, as well as how to program the GE backlit universal remote without codes which we also included in this article.
Codes for GE Backlit Universal Remote Control for CL5, CL3, and CL4
The GE backlit universal remote control codes can be used to program any device, so you can use CL5, CL4, and CL3 with devices like TVs, DVDs, VCRs, satellite and cable boxes. GE programming instructions are below this table.
GE Backlit DVD Universal Remote Control Codes List
- AIWA: 0414
- ADVENT: 0922
- AMES: 0431
- AMW: 0917, 0918
- AFREEY: 0417
- AKAI: 0395, 0435
Visit this post for GE DVD remote control codes for other brands.
GE Backlit VCR Universal Remote Control Codes
- ADVENTURA: 0251
- AKAI: 0227, 0229, 0228, 0230, 0231, 0254, 0303, 0337
- ADMIRAL: 0226
- AIKO: 0252
- AIWA: 0245, 0227, 0269, 0251
The list of GE Backlit universal remote CL4 codes can be found here.
Universal Remote Control Codes for GE Backlit CABLE Set-top Box Devices
- ABC: 0461, 0463, 0464, 0465, 0466
- ANTRONIX: 0468, 0469
- ALLEGRO: 0524, 0525
- AMERICAST: 0527
- ADELPHIA: 0512, 0511
- ARCHER: 0468, 0469, 0470, 0471
Check this post for codes for other brands of GE cable set top boxes.
GE DVD Recorders + RW Universal Remote Control Codes
- BROKSONIC: 0967
- COBY: 0894
- ASPIRE: 0933
- EMERSON: 0899
- CENTRIOS: 1060, 0951, 1061
- CYBERHOME: 0939
Please visit this post to get the codes for other GE DVD recorders + RW remotes.
Backlit HDTV Set Top Boxes with Universal Remote Control Codes from GE
- HUGHES HTL-HD: 0632, 0607, 0641
- HUGHES HIRD-E8: 0641, 0632, 0607
- LG LSS-3200A: 0607, 0641, 0632
- HITACHI 61HDX98B: 0632
- LG HTL-HD: 0641, 0632, 0607
For universal remote control codes for other brands of GE Backlit HDTV set top boxes, visit this post.
Universal remote control codes for GE backlit TV/DVD combos
- AXION: 0177, 0921
- APEX: 0214, 0401
- BROKSONIC: 0394
- CHANGHONG: 0214, 0401
- CLASSIC: 0214, 0401
Check out the other brands of GE Backlit TV/DVD combo universal remote control codes here.
Universal Remote Control Codes for GE Backlit TV/VCR/DVD Combos
- PANASONIC: 0437
- DIAMOND VISION: 0896, 0092
- PHILIPS: 0456
- MAGNAVOX: 0456
- SAMSUNG: 0942
To get your brand universal remote code for GE Backlit TV/VCR/DVD combos, check out this post.
Remote control codes for the GE Backlit SAT/DTV/WebTV
- CHANNEL MASTER: 0579, 0578, 0577
- CHAPPARAL: 0561, 0560
- CHEYENNE: 0561
- DRAKE: 0587, 0574, 0562
- BELL EXPRESSVU: 0655, 0628, 0654, 0647
Check out this post for all GE Backlit SAT/DTV/WebTV remote control codes.
Backlit DVD/VCR Combo GE Universal Remote Control Codes:
- BROKSONIC: 0967, 0394
- DAEWOO: 0971
- DURABRAND: 0245, 0405
- EMERSON: 0227, 0458, 0456
- CINEVISION: 0245, 0405
- DIAMOND VISION: 0896
All GE Backlit DVD/VCR combo remote control codes can be found in this post.
DVD/VCR Combos Universal Remote Control Codes For GE
- JVC: 1072
- LITEON: 0959
- PANASONIC: 0387
- MEDION: 0959
- ILO: 0959
You can check out all GE Backlit DVR/DVD combo remote control codes in this post if your brand code is not listed above.
DVR/SAT Remote Control Codes for GE DVR/SAT Combinations
- DREAMBOX: 0620
- FORTEC STAR: 0555, 0569, 0556
- EXPRESSVU: 0655, 0647
- DISH NETWORK: 0655, 0647
- ECHOSTAR: 0655, 0647
For GE Backlit DVR/SAT combo remote control codes if your brand code is not listed, there is a separate post.
GE Backlit DVR/CABLE Combo Remote Control Codes
- ROGERS: 0506
- TIME WARNER: 0506
- SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA: 0506
- ILLICO: 0506
- PIONEER: 0506
Check the GE Backlit DVR/CABLE combos remote control codes post if you don’t see your brand code in the above list.
Laser Disc Universal Remote Control Codes for GE
- RCA: 0308
- PIONEER: 0305
- SONY: 0323
- SANYO: 0232
- PROSCAN: 0308
Visit this post for remote control codes for other GE Backlit Laser Disc brands.
DVR Universal Remote Control Codes for GE DVRs
- RCA: 0409
- HUGHES: 0580
- HUMAX: 0912
- PANASONIC: 0373, 0387
- PIONEER: 0909, 0977
- PHILIPS: 0371, 0344, 0345
See this post for more GE Backlit DVR remote control codes..
Universal Remote Control Codes for Home Automation GE
GE Home Theater in a Box (HTIB) universal remote control codes
- CLASSIC: 1051
- BOSE: 0672
- AMW: 0918
- CRITERION: 0448
- APEX: 0436
- CENTRIOS: 1067, 1055, 0449
Here is a list of all GE Backlit Home Theater in a Box (HTIB) remote control codes. If you do not see your product listed above, please check it out here.
TV/VCR Remote Control Codes for GE
- DAEWOO: 0039, 0279, 0138, 0252
- AKAI: 0254
- CURTIS MATHES: 0358
- AIWA: 0227, 0269
- BROKSONIC: 0147, 0147, 0250, 0310, 0257
Here are the codes for GE TVs and VCRs.
Here is a method to program the GE Universal Remote:
- Once you have completed the above steps, power on the device you want to program.
- When the red light comes on, press the “Setup” button.
- Choose the device you want to operate. For example, a DVD player or TV.
- You must now enter the device code from the list above. You should start with the first code from the top if you see more than one.
- Once the code is entered correctly, the red light will go out.
- Point the device at the power button. If your GE universal remote code works, the device will turn off. If it does not, try another GE remote code.
How to program GE Universal Remote Control Codes?
With the auto search method, each universal remote code is scanned in the remote control. The correct remote code is determined by scanning one code at a time. Follow these steps:
- Turn on the smart device you wish to use, such as your TV, with the universal remote.
- By tapping the device buttons (TV, DVD, CBL, and OK/SEL) three times, the device will turn on. A green LED light indicates the device is ready to be programmed.
- Press the “CH+” and “CH-” buttons on the remote control. An on/off signal will appear. Keep pressing “up” or “down” until the device turns off.
- Click “power” to confirm the code. Your device should come back on. If it starts, change the channel to make sure the remote works.
- Tap “device” to save the code. The device’s light will flash couple of times to highlight the code has been saved.
However, here is a guide on how to program GE Universal Remote without codes.
Here is another method to program GE Universal Remote manually.
We can program a universal remote using your keycode, and it identifies your equipment.
- Just turn it on first.
- Press the “TV” button.
- Hold down the “Setup” button until it flashes (that indicates it is in “Learning mode”).
- You will need to enter the “Keycode” from the programming guide (Instruction Booklet).
- After completing this process, point your remote at the TV and hold the power button.
- When the screen turns off, release the power button.
Now your TV will work with the universal remote. Replicate the same procedure with another code from the same section of the reference table if your device doesn’t work.
GE Universal Remote Code Search Guide
It is possible to set your universal remote to search mode if you cannot find the key code for the device at the time. There is a code in the manual that forces the remote into search mode.
- To begin, turn on the device.
- Press and hold the “Setup” button.
- Dial 9-9-1 (three digits).
- Keep holding down the “Power Button” on your remote and pressing the Channel button until the device, in this case, your TV, turns off.
Finding your key code may take some additional time, but it is very important. After you complete the above steps, your remote should work for all functions.
Preparations for Programming GE Universal Remotes
- Then turn on the device you want to control with the GE Universal Remote.
- Keep pressing down the setup button until the red led flashes.
- Click the device button. For example, a DVD player or TV.
- You must now enter the device code, if there is more than one, then start from the top with the very first code.
- Once the code is entered correctly, the red light will go out.
- Turn the unit on by pressing the power button. The device will turn off if your GE universal remote control codes work. In case the code does not work, try another code from the list of GE remote control codes.
Remote control for the GE system.
- Remove the battery cover from your GE universal remote first.
- Tips for locating your GE Universal Remote: V1-V5, none = V1 (older), newest = CL3 or CL4.
- Make sure the batteries are replaced.
- The full list of GE Universal Remote programming codes can be found in the above table. You will find here neat and clean information that is easy to read and understand.
- To find out which Ge universal CL3, CL4, or CL5 you have to scroll down the page. Choose the button that matches the version number that you found inside your GE Universal Remote.
- Next, choose the appropriate device category from the drop-down menu based on the device you are using. For example, Xbox gaming device or HD Set-top box.
- Next, you need to select the brand name from the drop-down menu or brand name menu. That device will have one or more codes.
What if the GE Backlit Universal Remote Control Codes doesn’t work?
- If the first code does not work, try more from the list.
- Replace the batteries in the remote if necessary.
- If there is a physical barrier between the remote and the device you wish to control, try to remove it.
- Next, try using more buttons and features. As GE Universal Remote doesn’t support all the features, you should also try for more features.
A GE Universal Remote can be programmed to eliminate the confusion of using so many remotes, according to the article. The process is simple for anyone to do. Next, you should give it a try.