When I bought a Peloton bike, I had the impression that I would be able to watch TV while working out. Do you, however, still wonder if you can watch TV on Peloton?
When I followed his directions on ‘How can you watch TV on Peloton?’, however, I got an error message saying ‘Unknown URL scheme’.
There is a way to watch your favorite movie or TV show on Peloton by doing some digging on the Internet.
Besides learning how to enable the split-screen feature on their bikes and treads, I also learned how to watch TV on Peloton.
Using a computer, you can sideload streaming service applications onto your Peloton bike, such as Netflix and Prime Video, to watch TV.
Table of Contents
How does Peloton Natively Support TV Streaming Services?
Currently, Peloton does not offer any streaming services that are natively supported by the app.
On the tablet, you can only watch Peloton workouts, and no other programs or TV shows are allowed.
The main reason is that Peloton wants its users to subscribe to their live classes and workout videos instead of using third-party services.
How can you watch TV on Peloton by installing Streaming Apps?
You can stream movies and TV shows via streaming services rather than Peloton, which allows only workout videos to be streamed.
You must sideload their applications (Android Application Packages) since Peloton does not support native streaming service apps.
There are several websites and platforms from which you can download these streaming applications.
Installing streaming service apps on your Peloton requires you to follow all the steps listed below.
USB Debugging should be enabled.
- Activate the Peloton tablet and sign your account.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- Go to ‘Device Settings’ and tap it.
- Select ‘About tablet’ from the ‘System’ menu.
- mode will be enabled once you click on the ‘Build Number’ 7 times.
- From the previous screen, select the ‘Developer Options’ button.
- Once you have done that, scroll down and turn on ‘USB Debugging’.
There should be a connection between your computer and your Peloton.
- Using a USB cable, connect your Peloton to your computer.
- On the Peloton screen, you will get a prompt requesting you to ‘Allow USB Debugging? ’. Please ensure that ‘Always allow from this computer’ is selected and ‘OK’.
- You can download Android SDK Platform Tools for your computer, which will depend on your OS.
- If you are using a Mac, launch Terminal, or if you are using a PC, launch Command Prompt.
- Drop the downloaded ‘Platform Tools’ in Terminal/Command Prompt by typing ‘cd ‘.
- This will change the directory to Platform when you press ‘Return’ or ‘Enter’.
- In the Terminal, enter ‘./adb devices’ or in the Command Prompt, type ‘adb devices’.
- This will verify that your Peloton and computer are connected by pressing ‘Return’ or ‘Enter’.
A launcher needs to be installed on your Peloton.
- You can download Nova from any APK website.
- In Terminal, type ‘./adb install’ or ‘adb install’ in Command Prompt.
- The Nova launcher application can now be dragged and dropped.
- When you press ‘Return’ or ‘Enter’, the launcher will be installed on Peloton.
- From the main screen of your Peloton, select ‘Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Peloton’ logo under ‘Device Settings’ at the bottom of the screen.
- The launcher will open when you launcher’ and choose ‘Always’.
- Tap the check mark on the screen to personalize it to your preferences.
‘Device Settings’ allows you to access the Nova launcher conveniently from the Peloton Home screen.
Can you really watch TV by installing a streaming app on Peloton?
- From any APK website on your computer, you can download a streaming app of your choice, such as Netflix.
- Install it on your Peloton by following steps 2-4 in the previous section.
Launch the Nova Launcher app.
- Navigate to Settings > Device Settings > Peloton logo > Nova to launcher on your Peloton.
- You can find the streaming app by swiping up the screen.
- Watch your favorite movie or TV show by logging into the app.
You can download different types of apps for your Peloton by following the steps above.
Peloton does not support Google Play Services, so you won’t be able to download the YouTube/YouTube TV app.
If you want to access them or any other website, you can install the ‘Google Chrome’ application.
What is the process for enabling split screen functionality on Peloton?
With Peloton’s split screen functionality, you can watch live classes while browsing the Internet at the same time.
To enable this feature on your Peloton, follow the steps below.
The Custom Navigation Bar should be installed.
- Turn on your Peloton tablet and log your account.
- You need to enable both ‘Developer Mode’ and ‘USB Debugging’.
- The Peloton will to be connected to your computer for it to work.
- Custom Navigation Bar can be downloaded from any website that offers APKs.
- Follow the steps in the previous section to install the APK.
- As soon as you have finished this, following command: ‘./adb shell pm grant xyz.paphonb.systemuituner android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS’ using the Terminal application on your Mac. It is perfectly thing in Command Prompt on Windows without the ‘./’.
- Then press either ‘Enter’ or ‘Return’ to complete the process.
You can create a custom navigation bar based on your requirements.
- The ‘Custom Navigation Bar’ will be launched.
- Set it up as instructed on the screen and click ‘Finish’.
- Simply tap the ‘Navigation Bar’ tab from the menu.
- You can select ‘Type’ under ‘Extra Left Button’ by scrolling down.
- Choose the ‘Keycode’ tab.
- Navigate to the ‘Menu’ tab by tapping on the ‘Icon’.
- Select ‘App Switch’ again by tapping on ‘Keycode’.
The ‘Menu’ icon will appear on the screen and will function as an app switcher.
Make use of the Split Screen feature.
- The first thing you need to do is go to the Home screen.
- Your next step is to go to the ‘Settings’ menu, and choose the ‘Developer Options’ tab.
- To allow apps to be resized, check the ‘Force apps to be
- You need to restart your Peloton.
- Navigate to the main screen of the Nova Launcher.
- the apps of your choice.
- on the ‘Menu’ icon.
- If you hold the app and drag it left or right, one-half of the screen will be covered.
- From the app switcher, select another app to cover the other half.
As a result, you can now enjoy content from two different apps at the same time.
The only thing you have to keep in mind is that you can only watch videos from one app at a time.
Can There be a Catch With Installing Third-Party TV streaming apps on Peloton?
Due to Peloton’s policy of not allowing users to watch third-party videos, you may experience some glitches.
You may also crash the tablet if you try to install another application.
Furthermore, the warranty won’t apply if a screen malfunction occurs while streaming third-party content.
The cost of replacing a damaged or faulty deviceyour responsibility.
How can you Factory Reset Your Peloton Screen if It Flickers?
A factory reset may fix the flickering problem if you watch TV on Peloton through the browser.
If you want to reset the screen on your Peloton device, follow these steps:
- You will see the ‘Shut Down’ option on the screen once you press and hold the ‘Power’ button.
- Wait until the screen dark after tapping it.
- It is simply a matter of pressing the ‘Power’ button and the ‘Volume up’ button as soon as the Peloton logo appears on the screen. Peloton’s recovery mode will be activated as a result of this action.
- When you press the power button on your phone, you will be able to select the option ‘Wipe data/Factory reset’. Toggle through the menu using the ‘Volume’
- Choose your option and confirm it.
- Give it some time to complete the reboot process after selecting ‘Reboot system now’.
To add your user data back to the tablet, sign into your Peloton account after the setup is complete.
How can you watch TV on Peloton: Then and Now?
The Peloton bike or tread could be used to watch TV using the WebView Browser Tester a few years back.
As a result of this workaround, Peloton has updated their systems to remove it.
As of now, you can now sideload APKs of various streaming services onto Peloton to watch TV on the go.
Keep in mind, however, that Peloton discouragesusers from altering or modifying their bikes.
In accordance with their user agreement, this constitutes ‘improper use’ and may void your warranty.
Is it possible to screen mirror on Peloton?
Using ‘Miracast’, the Peloton display can be mirrored or screencast to a larger monitor.
Peloton doesn’t support mirroring, so you can’t mirror your TV or any other device.
What is the procedure for casting the Peloton app from my iPhone to a TV?
In order to cast Peloton app content from your iPhone to your TV, you will need to use AirPlay.
My smart TV supports the PelotonI download it?
The Peloton app is available on any smart TV, including Apple TV, Roku TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV.