You will receive a universal remote as part of your Comcast Xfinity service when you sign up for it. Almost any entertainment device can be controlled by this remote, including TVs, TV boxes, and receivers. If you are having trouble programming the Comcast Xfinity remote control, you will find this guide helpful.
Comcast Xfinity remote programming guide – simple step-by-step instructions
Below are easy step by step instructions for programming your TV with Comcast Xfinity remote codes. Moreover, any TV, DVD, Blu-ray player, or audio video receiver can be programmed easily with Comcast Xfinity remote programming. Moreover, we have provided steps for pairing TVs and troubleshooting pairing issues.
Using the following list of most popular TV brands, you can find the Xfinity remote code for the TV brand that fits your needs the best.
Table of Contents
Below is a list of the top Xfinity remote codes that are most commonly used
LG 10178, 11265
Toshiba 10156, 11156
Panasonic 10051, 10250
Sanyo 10154, 10159
Philips 11454, 10054, 10037, 10690 & 11483
Samsung 10812, 10060
Sansui 10463, 11409, 11904, 11911 & 11935
Sharp 10093, 10165
Vizio 11758, 11756
Haier 11034, 10178, 11265, 10768 & 11009
Sony 10000, 11100
Hitachi 11145, 10145, 12243, 12143, 11904, 11345& 11960
Sanyo 10154, 10159
If you do not see your TV brand listed in the most popular TV codes, check out the complete Xfinity remote code list.
Comcast remote programming can be done using the following RF pairing method:
- The remote control batteries should be installed after the TV and set-top box have been powered on.
- As soon as you hold down the “Setup” button, the LED on the remote should glow green.
- The XFINITY button should be pressed
- Follow the instructions on your screen to enter the 3 digit code
- The remote can be programmed using a code.
- It is very crucial that you start the TV so that you can program it.
- When the green status LED appears at the top of the remote, hold down the “Setup” button for a short period of time.
- Simply enter the five- or four-digit code using the number buttons. You can find additional codes in the remote’s manual.
- There is no requirement to use separate remote code based on your model.
Two green flashes will indicate that the code was entered correctly. Red LEDs indicate incorrect entry of the code, followed by green LEDs. In addition, if you do not get the correct code when you enter it, then make sure you try it again if necessary, and make sure it is the correct one.
In order to operate your TV, use the remote control (use the Power, VOL, etc.)
Moreover, it may be necessary to try another four-digit or five-digit code if the above steps don’t work.
An easy guide to pairing and programming your Comcast Xfinity Voice Remote.
Here are the steps to follow as soon as you have obtained the manufacturer’s setup code for your TV.
Getting Started with Comcast Xfinity Remote Programming in a Few Easy Steps
- Turn on your TV and set-top box and make sure they are both on
- Once the LED on your remote changes from red to green, turn it on by pressing the Setup button.
- In the TV codes lookup tool, use the number buttons to enter the universal remote code.
- Two green flashes should occur after entering the code
- Simply push the Power button on the TV with the remote control.
- If you have successfully programmed your remote, the TV should turn off.
Remote Control Programming Guide for Comcast Xfinity X1
If you are unable to locate the code for your TV after following these steps:
- You will see a green LED on the top of the remote when you hold down the Setup button
- The LED will illuminate green in two cycles after pressing 9-9-1 twice on the remote
- Press the CH ^ button a number of times on your remote control in order to turn off the television
- On the remote control, simply push the Setup button after the TV has been turned off
- You’ve programmed your remote if it turns on after you hit the TV Power button.
The Xfinity Remote can be troubleshooted using the following steps:
The steps below will help you troubleshoot if you have a Comcast Xfinity remote that is not responding or is not working as it should when you press buttons on the remote.
There is a problem with the Xfinity Remote Buttons
- Use the remote control to press a button.
- The LED must flash if the batteries are not present. Replace them if they are not present.
- Any button press that causes the LED to blink red five times indicates very low batteries.
Using the Setup Button (Factory Reset), the Xfinity Remote (XR11) can be reset.
If your Voice Remote (model XR11) for some reason does not operate, you may need to execute a factory reset. Additionally, here are the steps for performing a factory reset on Xfinity Remote XR11:
- As soon as you push the Setup button, the LED on the remote should turn green.
- It is necessary to press 9-8-1 in order to
- Resetting the remote is indicated by two green LEDs blinking.
If you factory reset your TV Box, your remote and TV are unpaired. You’ll need to pair them again.
A guide to resetting your Xfinity Voice Remote (XR15) without the Setup Button.
You probably will have to carry out a factory reset on your Voice Remote (XR15) if the buttons are still inactive. Moreover, you can perform a factory reset by following these steps:
- For 3 seconds, push the A and D buttons simultaneously when the indicator light switches from red to green.
- It is necessary to press 9-8-1 in order to
- A blue LED will illuminate three times when the remote has been reset.
What you need to do to disconnect your Xfinity Voice Remote from your TV
In order to use the remote with another TV, the pairing connection must first be broken.
If your Xfinity remote has a Setup button, follow the instructions below:
- The status light should turn green after three seconds of holding the Setup button.
- You are disconnected from the TV if the status light blinks green twice after entering 9-8-1 on the remote.
A Setup button does not appear on the Xfinity X1 or Flex Voice remote controls. (XR15 Xfinity X1) has number keys instead.
- Just for couple of seconds, press the A and D buttons simultaneously when the indicator light switches from red to green.
- It means the Comcast Xfinity remote has been disconnected from the TV if the status light blinks blue twice. Moreover, remote connections with TV are also called pairings by some people.
Once your remote is connected to the new TV box, you can also connect it to a different television if you wish. However, X1 TV Boxes, too, can be controlled when aimed directly at them.