Some of the best refrigerators are made by Whirlpool. Their ice makers are known for producing large amounts of ice automatically without you having to fill the ice trays with water. Sometimes, however, the ice maker will stop working and will need to be reset or repaired. Moreover, in this article, you will learn how to reset the whirlpool ice maker which is not working.
Whirlpool ice makers can be easily repaired if they stop working, so there’s no need to panic. You just need to reset the whirlpool ice maker.
Not Working Whirlpool ice makers can be reset in four ways:
- Press the reset button.
- Adjust the feller arm.
- Turn your refrigerator off and on.
- Unplug the appliance.
Here’s How to do each. Let’s get your whirlpool ice maker back to work.
This guide covers most Whirlpool refrigerator models, including:
- 2-A Y
Also, read Whirlpool Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
How to Reset Not Working Whirlpool Ice Maker: Multiple Methods:
Press the reset button to reset your Whirlpool ice maker, simply press the reset button. However, there may be a reset button on the ice maker of your refrigerator, depending on the model. Simply press the button to reset the whirlpool ice maker. Additionally, if you press the button, the whirlpool ice maker unit will be reset and should start working again.
You can reset you not working whirlpool ice maker by following these steps:
- Find the reset button. There is usually a reset button located at the bottom of the ice maker unit or, in some cases, at the top or bottom of the ice tray.
- Once you’ve located the button, hold it down for a few seconds until you hear a beep. Let go of the button when you hear the beep sound.
- Check to see if the problem has been resolved.
Adjust the feeler arm
The feeler arm of your Whirlpool ice maker can also be adjusted to reset it. The feeler arm is a sensor inside your ice maker, and it is used to monitor how much ice it is making. Moreover, it tells the control board to stop making ice when the ice tray is full. Occasionally, the feeler arm can become stuck, which prevents it from functioning properly, so you will need to loosen it before it can function again.
Here’s how you adjust the feeler arm:
- Place the feeler arm in your ice maker (consult your user manual if necessary).
- Push the feeler arm down. This should loosen it and prevent it from becoming stuck or frozen.
- After you loosen the feeler arm, the ice maker should fill up with water again.
- Press the on/off switch.
Press the on/off switch to turn your Whirlpool ice maker off if pressing the reset button and/or adjusting the feeler arm didn’t work.
Read More About: Hisense TV Reset To The Factory Settings – Updated Guide 2022
You can reset your not working Whirlpool ice maker by turning it off and on:
- Find the on/off switch. It should be located under the ice tray.
- Remove the ice tray, and if it has a cover plate, remove that as well.
- Turn off the switch. After a few minutes, turn it back on.
- You can put the ice tray and cover back in the ice maker when you’ve turned it back on.
- The appliance will need to be turned off and on (see below) if the problem still persists.
- Unplug your refrigerator.
If none of the first three options worked, your final option is to unplug your refrigerator and reset the whole unit.
It would be best if you did the following to reset your refrigerator:
- Unplug your refrigerator. You may need to pull it out of the wall to get to the plug.
- Wait about 10 minutes, and then plug it back in.
- Upon turning it back on, locate the feeler arm and press it down a few times. After doing this, the ice tray should fill up with water, and ice should begin to form again.
What if my whirlpool ice maker still hasn’t reset?
When you’ve tried the four options above, and your ice maker still doesn’t work, it might indicate that your fridge has a bigger issue, such as a mechanical issue, an electrical issue, or a faulty water valve. In order to fix these problems, you will need to contact a qualified technician to inspect your Whirlpool refrigerator, as they are difficult to fix without the right tools and knowledge.
Why do I need to reset my Whirlpool ice maker?
You may need to reset your Whirlpool ice maker if it’s not making ice, the ice cubes are too small or too large, or there’s a problem with the ice maker’s operation.
How do I reset my Whirlpool ice maker?
To reset your Whirlpool ice maker, you need to follow these steps:
- Turn off the ice maker by flipping the switch or unplugging it.
- Wait for 15 seconds.
- Turn on the ice maker by flipping the switch or plugging it back in.
- Press and hold the “Test” button until you hear a chime or see the ice maker go through a cycle.
- Release the “Test” button.
How long does it take for the ice maker to start making ice again after resetting it?
It usually takes about 24-48 hours for the ice maker to start making ice again after resetting it.
What if resetting the ice maker doesn’t solve the problem?
If resetting the ice maker doesn’t solve the problem, you may need to troubleshoot the issue further or contact a professional for repair.
In conclusion, resetting your Whirlpool ice maker can be a quick and easy solution to common ice maker issues. By following the simple steps outlined above, you can reset the ice maker and potentially solve the problem. However, if resetting the ice maker doesn’t fix the issue, it may be necessary to troubleshoot the problem further or seek professional repair. Overall, knowing how to reset your Whirlpool ice maker is a helpful skill that can save you time and money in the long run.
- Green TV Screen on Samsung TV? – Updated Solutions 
- TCL ROKU TV Power Button – Where to Find It? [2022 Solution]
- Microwave Keeps Tripping Breaker When Door Opens – Here are Solutions!
- Error 4: Invalid Teleservice ID – 10 Methods For Quick Fix
- Roku Overheating? – Multiple Solutions [Updated Guide 2022]