Almost every home entertainment product comes with remote control. Most of the time, such a remote is only capable of configuring that one device. However, some TV remotes on the market allow you to operate multiple devices from the same brand. For example, if you have a Huayu TV and a Huayu Blu-ray player, you may control both with the same remote. However, this is insufficient not enough for consumers. They want to move beyond same-brand control and control many devices from different brands with a single magical tool. That is why people want a universal remote control. Moreover, the instructions mentioned below will guide you on how to program and setup RCA Universal Remote Control? Indeed, the instructions and procedures mentioned below will assist you in how to program RCA Universal Remote.
What is Universal Remote and How to program RCA Universal Remote Control?
The term “universal” means “applicable to all.” As a result, a universal remote is a single mechanism that connects to and controls various home entertainment devices. It eliminates the need for different remotes for each appliance. Some universal remote controls use buttons, while others use a touchscreen interface. A universal remote may control a TV, VCR, game console, MP4 docking station, Soundbar, air conditioner, CD/DVD/Blue-ray disc player, media streamer, cable/satellite box, and home theater receiver. Moreover, this guide will provide you information on how to program RCA Universal Remote.
If you’re looking for how to program or setup RCA universal remote with various media consoles, this comprehensive guide will help you without any doubt. Before we start the deep discussion, you need to take care of the following things. However, if you are searching for a guide on how to program RCA universal remote? Then you have come to the correct place.
How to program RCA Universal Remote Control?
Install Your Remote Control Batteries – How Program RCA Universal Remote?
The first step on how to program RCA Universal remote is that your RCA universal remote control needs two AA alkaline batteries, which may or may not be included, depending on the model.
To install the batteries into the remote:
- Remove the cover from the battery from the backside of the remote.
- Place the batteries within the battery compartment, matching the (+) and (–) indications.
- Put the battery cover back into place.
In addition, once you installed the batteries, you are one step near to learn how to program RCA Universal Remote Control.
Precautions for Batteries:
- Never combine a new battery with an older one.
- Use rechargeable (nickel-cadmium) batteries.
- Remove old or worn-out batteries as quickly as possible and recycle or dispose of them according to local and national regulations.
However, before you learn how to program or setup RCA Universal Remote you will need to take the necessary precautions mentioned above.
How to Program RCA Universal Remote – Multiple Methods
How to Program Your Universal RCA Remote in Various Ways
Before you can use this universal remote with your home entertainment system, you must first program it to control your devices. You can proceed with the RCA universal remote programming to control your devices in four ways:
- The Auto Code Search automatically searches through all of the codes for the device you’re attempting to control. It is the simplest way,
- although it can take longer than some of the other RCA universal remote programming methods at times.
- The Brand Code Search scans the codes for certain device brands. It is not as simple as the auto code search, but it may be quicker.
- The Direct Code Entry feature allows you to enter a code from the accompanying code list for your device’s brand. It is not as simple as the other options, but it may be the quickest.
- The Manual Code Search option allows you to manually search through all of the codes for the device you’re attempting to control.
Now, let’s discuss the RCA Universal Remote programming steps and various procedures on how to program RCA Universal Remote or setup for each one of the operational techniques.
Auto Code Search to program RCA universal remote:
The Auto Code Search method is best. Indeed, you can use this top-notch method to learn how to program RCA Universal Remote. However, it automatically searches through all of the codes for the device you’re attempting to control. When you locate the one that works with your device, you can search on hold and save the code. However, in order to learn how to program RCA Universal Remote to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Turn on your television or any device that you want to control.
Step 2: On your remote, press and release the DEVICE button corresponding with the product you want to control (TV, etc.). As previously said, you can use any gadget with any of the indicated buttons—make a note of it.
Step 3: Press the Device Button and the POWER button simultaneously. The power button will be turned off and then turned back on.
Step 4: Release both buttons.
Step 5: Press and release the remote’s PLAY button, then wait a few seconds to check if the device you’re attempting to control turns off. If this is the case, the remote has discovered the proper code. If your device is still turned on, press the play button again and go through the waiting and turn-off procedure. Continue doing so until your gadget shuts down.
Step 6: Now, every two seconds, press and release the REVERSE button on your remote until your device turns back on. When it does, the remote has successfully found the correct code.
Step 7: To save the code, press the STOP button.
Step 8: Try out different functionalities on the remote to check whether the setup RCA universal remote has been done correctly.
Note: Keep the remote aimed at the IR sensor of the device you’re programming the remote to operate at all times while programming each key.
Brand Code Search Method to Program and Setup RCA Universal Remote
The Brand Code Search only searches the codes for one of the select brands in the accompanying code list. However, this method can also be helpful to learn how to program RCA universal remote control. Moreover, if your device’s brand is mentioned, this search might be relatively rapid and easy. Here are the steps:
- Turn on the gadget you want to operate (TV, DVD, DVR, VCR, cable box, or satellite receiver).
- Locate the Brand Code from the list given with your Universal Remote Control.
- Press and hold the DEVICE button you want to learn how to program RCA universal remote control and setup with TV, DVD, Aux, etc. Hold down that button until the LED for that button illuminates and stays illuminated.
- Press and hold the POWER button while holding the device button. The power button should glow up.
- Disconnect the power and device buttons. The device button should remain turned on (if not, repeat the steps).
- Using the keypad of the universal remote, enter the first CODE of the brand you’re looking for. The LED light for that gadget button should then remain lit.
- Press the Power button and release it repeatedly until the device you’re attempting to control turns off. If the device shuts off, the Universal Remote has identified the proper code.
- Press the STOP button on your universal remote to store the code (the LED light will turn off).
- Test numerous buttons (volume, etc.) to see if your Universal Remote can now control the device.
- If your device does not switch off and the LED light blinks four times, it signifies you have used all the codes for that brand and must use another programming method.
Indeed, the Brand Code method is a great method to learn how to program RCA Universal Remote Control.
Direct Code Entry to Program and Setup RCA Universal Remote
Direct Code Entry permits you to enter a code from the code list for your device’s brand. It is not as simple as the other ways to learn how to program RCA universal remote and setup it, but it has the potential to be the quickest.
- Manually turn on the gadget you want to operate.
- Locate the Code List that came with the remote. Locate the section for the sort of device you’re attempting to program, and then look for your brand in that section. Jot down the codes for your brand and keep them close at hand.
- Hold down the device key you want to program (the ON•OFF key flashes. While doing it, use your other hand to enter the first code for your brand in the code list (the ON•OFF key goes off after the first digit).
- When you’ve done entering the code, keep holding down the device key and look at the ON•OFF key.
- Use the RCA universal remote to ensure that the device key is configured with the correct code for maximum functioning. If some features do not work, try a different code from the list.
Manual Code Search
The Manual Code Search feature allows you to go through all of the codes for the device you’re attempting to operate one by one. When you locate the one that works with your device, you can end the search and save the code. Indeed, you can learn how to program RCA Universal Remote by using the manual code search method.
The Manual Code Search approach may take a long time because the remote searches through all of the codes in its memory one by one. Moreover, you can learn to program RCA Universal Remote by using this method. Take a look at the steps below:
- Manually turn on the gadget you want to operate.
- If you want to program the TV or SAT•CBL•DTC key, proceed to step 3. When configuring the VCR•DVD key, you need to tell the remote which type of device you need this key to control, VCR or DVD.
- Hold the VCR•DVD key down. While holding down the VCR•DVD key, use your other hand to hit the number key for the type of device you need to operate with this key: 2 for VCR, 3 for DVD
- Hold down the device key you want to program. While holding down the device key, use your other hand to press and hold the remote’s ON•OFF key simultaneously.
- Press and hold the key – ON•OFF until it lights and remains lit. Then, let go of both keys.
- Aim the remote at the front panel of the gadget you want to manage. Wait 2 seconds after pressing ON•OFF on the remote. The remote is attempting to test a single code for your device.
- While doing the Manual Code Search, the remote ignores key presses that are not part of the search.
However, the manual code search method is the most helpful method to learn how to program RCA Universal Remote Control.
Test the Code for Maximum Functionality for Manual Code Search
Indeed, by using Manual Code Search method with test the code functionalit
- Try with a variety of the device’s functions using the remote. If some of your devices’ features don’t work, proceed to the next step to attempt a different code.
- Restart the Manual Code Search from the beginning. When the device goes off for the first time, do not press the STOP key, which will store the same code. Instead, with the unit turned off, continue to press the ON•OFF key continuously until the unit turns back on.
- When the unit turns back on, you have discovered another code that operates the gadget. Stop by pressing the STOP key. Test the key’s functionality by attempting a variety of functions. Programming is finished when the code controls the majority of the device’s functions. If the code stored does not provide the maximum functionality, try another code.
Indeed, these steps will help you on how to program and setup RCA Universal Remote Control.
RCA Universal Remote Codes for Popular Brands
To learn how to program RCA Universal Remote Control, you will need the universal remote codes mentioned below.
AOC TV 1005 1007 1004 1196 1082
Citizen TV 1105 1196 1004 1006 1008
Daewoo TV 2017 20125 2028 2015 2110
Emerson TV 1006 1004 1032 1012 1171 1044
Emerson VCR 2012 2015 2024 2029 2032
GE TV 1003 1006 1054 1064 1100 1166 1181 1212
Goldstar TV 1004 1005 1019 1155
RCA TV 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1266 1188 1190
Hitachi TV 1004 1013 1060 1150 1179 1199
RCA DVD Player: 3160 3302 3393 3477 3517 3604
RCA VCR 2000 2007 2021 2055 2107 2120
Samsung TV 1004 1006 1012 1252 1378
However, make sure you use proper remote code to learn how to program RCA Universal Remote.
How to Program Your Universal Remote via IR Learning
If your universal remote and the remote for the device you want to control are compatible, the IR learning method needs you to point your universal remote and the remote for the device you want to control at each other. In addition, you can use the same method to learn how to program RCA Universal Remote; this enables the universal remote to receive IR control light beams from the original device remote. However, you can use the exact instructions and learn how to program RCA Universal Remote Control.
- Select the appropriate device (TV, for example).
- Turn on the universal remote’s learning mode. If your remote doesn’t have a Learn button, review the user RCA universal remote manual to see which button performs this function—not all Universal Remotes have this feature.
- Press a button on the universal remote (for example, volume up) and then the device remote’s equivalent function button (volume up).
- Repeat these steps on your universal remote for each feature you want to duplicate (such as volume down, channel down, channel up, input select, and so on). In addition, these are steps to program and setup RCA universal remote or any other universal remote control.
However, following these above-mentioned steps will assist you in how to program RCA universal remote; this is a time-taking and complex process, especially if you wish to operate multiple devices. If you are somehow failed to access the remote control codes, you might be able to use the IR learning process as a last resort, assuming your Universal Remote supports this programming option. However, using the same guide mentioned above, you can quickly learn how to program RCA Universal Remote.
Pros and Cons of Having Universal Remote Control
A universal remote control makes life easier for humans. It allows you to control many home entertainment products and other equipment from a single, stress-free location, even though, depending on the manufacturer, it has different programming possibilities, communication channels, and command types. These useful technologies, however, have significant drawbacks. So let’s discuss both the pros and cons when users learn how to program RCA universal remote control and setup it.
- Convenient access to multiple devices
- No remote clutter
- Glow-in-the-dark feature
- It comes with an instruction manual
- It gives Smart TV control
- One-time learning curve
- Overwhelming interface
- Difficult to set up without guidance
- Risk of physical damage and loss of control
Although the pros are more, there’s a need to be careful with the cons as well. However, keeping cons and pros aside, you can select any of the above procedures to learn how to program your RCA Universal Remote.
The Final Word
You can use any programming method to learn how to program and setup RCA universal remote control, RCA is a well-known firm, and its universal remotes are worth checking out. However, this guide is helpful for beginners to learn how to program RCA Universal Remote. Indeed, a universal remote control is a perfect portable device that brings nothing but convenience in the house, as this post regarding how to program and setup RCA universal remote already shows you. If you’ve never done it before, setting up and pairing the remote control may appear complicated, but with this guide, you can do this task in no time. Give the Auto-Search method or Manual Search a shot while practicing patience, and you’ll thank us for it. Indeed, you have successfully learned how to program and setup RCA universal remote control.
FAQs (Frequency Asked Questions)
Finally, once you have learned how to program RCA Universal Remote, here’re some of the frequently asked questions that users keep searching on the internet browser.
Q. Where can I get an RCA universal remote control?
A. The latest RCA universal remotes are available at Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart for under $25! You may place your order online and have it delivered as soon as possible if you have a fast internet connection from the top internet providers in your area.
Q. Are DirecTV remotes universal and better than RCA?
A. Some DirecTV remotes offer universal control capabilities, allowing you to manage up to four home entertainment units at once, as opposed to eight with RCA. There are guides available to help you set up your DirecTV remote, similar to this one.
Q. Will RCA universal remote work with Xfinity?
A. Of course. An RCA remote can be used to link and control your Comcast cable box. Although Xfinity TV subscriptions include a Voice Activated remote with a touchscreen interface, you can use it as an all-in-one control instead.
Q. How to know if I have a universal remote?
A. The model number can be found on the universal remote control’s instruction booklet or inside the battery compartment. To locate the remote model number on the battery compartment, follow these steps: Open the battery compartment on the remote. Look into the inside of the battery compartment door for a label.