There are many LG TV owners who have sound issues with their TVs. The same problem of LG TV No Sound has been reported by numerous LG TV owners.
The good news is that you can resolve the no-sound issue with a few simple troubleshooting techniques. Here are some things you need to know about them!
If your LG TV doesn’t have sound, you need to reset it. After you unplug your TV, wait 60 seconds. While the device is unplugged, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
Once the TV has been turned off, reconnect the plug. You’ll be able to fix the sound issue on your LG TV by performing this soft reset.
Also, read LG TV HDMI Not Working
LG TV No Sound – Easy Fixes in 2023
“LG TV No Sound” means that there is no audio coming from the LG television despite the video being displayed properly. It could be caused by various reasons such as incorrect sound settings, faulty speakers or sound system, or problems with the TV’s hardware or software.
Unplug your TV from the Wall Outlet
Unplugging your LG TV from the wall outlet is the most commonly used method to get your TV’s sound working again.
You must wait the entire 60 seconds. Unplug your TV before pressing and holding the Power button for at least 30 seconds.
You should now be able to watch TV on your LG TV without any problems.
Most LG TVs with no sound can be solved with this technique. Nevertheless, if it doesn’t, don’t worry! In addition to these methods, there are others available as well.
Also, read LG TV Blinking Red Light
Update LG TV Software
You may occasionally experience software problems with your LG TV’s sound system. The reason you should ensure your TV uses the latest firmware is because of this.
If your LG TV is connected to the internet, it will automatically check for new software updates.
- Making sure automatic updates are active
- Press the Start/Home button on your remote control.
- Configure your settings
- Choosing All Settings
- Select General
- Go to the TV’s About page.
- Select “Automatic updates” if it is not already selected.
You may occasionally experience problems with this automatic operation, leaving your TV with outdated software.
The following steps can be followed to manually update LG TVs:
- Find the Product Support Page that applies to your product.
- For more information about LG Support, visit their website.
- Enter the model number of the TV and select it.
- Using the right-click menu, select Extract All, unzip the downloaded file.
- On the USB, install the file.
- On the root of the USB drive, create a folder called “LG DTV”.
- Here is where you should place the unzipped file (EPK file type).
- You can find the USB slot on the back of your TV.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Perform a Factory reset on your LG TV
- Press the Gear icon on the remote of your LG TV after it has been turned on.
- Navigate to the Advanced Settings option under All Settings.
- Go to the “General” tab.
- Choose “Reset to Initial Settings”.
You will now see the initial setup screen on your TV after turning it off and on again.
In this way, you can restore the configuration of your LG TV to the day you purchased it. Any installed apps, as well as account settings, will be wiped! In addition, all customizations will be restored to their default state.
Also, read LG TV No Signal
LG TV factory reset without remote
You can still factory reset your LG TV without the remote control if you don’t have access to it for any reason.
During the initial startup of your LG TV, press and hold the power button for approximately 10 seconds.
Using the joystick panel control, navigate to Menu > All Settings > General > Reset to Initial Settings if it still doesn’t work.
Additionally, if your TV is located in a confined area or you have trouble accessing these buttons, there are additional solutions.
A USB keyboard may also be connected directly to the LG TV’s back. Using the keyboard, you can reset the TV and navigate.
Also, you can factory reset your LG TV using the LG ThinQ app. Simply download the app, connect your TV, and follow the instructions. With this new feature, you will be able to control your TV from your smartphone.
Change the LG TV’s sound settings
You may want to try adjusting a few of the sound settings on your LG TV if nothing has worked so far.
Your first step should be to turn off Smart Sound Mode.
Your remote control can be controlled by pressing the Home/Start button and selecting Settings, All Settings, and Sound.
Activate Smart Sound Mode and turn it off.
You might want to experiment with the Sound Out setting next. You may need to adjust the sound output of your LG TV if it is connected to a sound bar, a DVD player, etc.
In order to determine whether your sound is coming back, try each setting one at a time.
If you want to check out various options before you finish, try Audio Out, LG Sound Sync, and Internal TV Speaker + Audio Out.
NOTE: You can disable DOLBY ATMOS in your LG TV’s Sound settings if it has DOLBY sound. Make sure that Optical > Digital Sound Out is set to PCM after you have navigated to Sound OUT.
Also, read How to Turn on LG TV Without Remote?
Reposition the LG TV’s power cord at the back
Unplugging the TV’s power cord from the back can also fix the LG TV with no sound issue. Once it has been plugged in for about 60 seconds, turn it on.
To ensure that the TV receives stable power, the connection must be tight and secure. The power cord should be reconnected, and the TV should be turned on by pressing its power button, not its remote control.
It should now be possible to solve the sound issue.
Contact LG TV Support
In the event that your LG TV’s sound still does not work after trying all the troubleshooting methods listed above, you should contact LG TV support immediately.
Your TV might be covered by a warranty and you might be able to get a free service. Once they’ve determined whether your TV falls under warranty and you’ve given them a description of the problem, LG will either repair or replace it.
For more information about how to fix LG TV no sound issues, you may wish to watch the video below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best way to control the volume on my LG TV if I don’t have a remote control?
Answer: With LG TV you can control the functions of your TV using LG ThinQ app, connecting a mouse, or using a streaming device instead of a remote.
What is the location of LG TV’s hidden menu?
Answer: For best results, use the original remote to access the secret menu on your LG TV. Once you’ve done this, press both the menu buttons on your remote and the one on your TV. You will see a password request once you let go of both buttons and enter the password for your TV. You can use 0000, 0413, or 7777.
Does the LG TV have any buttons?
Answer: The LG TV is usually equipped with six buttons: a power button, a volume control, a volume control down, a channel control, and a menu control. Power buttons are also input buttons on newer models.
- It may help to unplug your LG TV from the wall outlet for 60 seconds to solve the no sound problem. The TV’s power button should also be pressed and held simultaneously.
- You should check your TV’s software for updates. You can either manually or automatically update the software if it isn’t already updated.
- LG televisions can also be reset to factory settings. All settings will be reset to their defaults. Remote control or no remote control is needed for resetting.
- It might also be possible to solve the problem by changing the Sound settings.
- You can also fix the LG TV sound problem by unplugging its power cord from the back. The device should be plugged back in after about 60 seconds of being unplugged.
- LG TV support is available if none of the above methods work.
- If Your LG TV Won’t Turn On
- Netflix Not Working On LG TV
- LG TV Blue Tint Screen Issue
- How To Reset LG TV Without Remote