TVs, soundbars, and other smart electronics are sold by VIZIO, an American company. Even though VIZIO TV sales have increased, its revenue has dropped to 24% in the fourth quarter despite increased units sold.
VIZIO TVs are worth the investment and are reasonably priced. Their TVs feature good pictures but lack high-end features compared with other brands.
Whether you need to reboot your VIZIO TV or you just want to know how to do it, you’re in the right place!
Here’s How to Restart Vizio TV in a few simple steps. Here’s what we need to do
Common Vizio TV Issues
It is true that Vizio’s features are unique, but they are not flawless. There may also be issues with their HDTVs, including the following, but not limited to:
- The TV doesn’t turn on or flashes different colors.
- It is a defective TV display.
- TVs automatically turn on and off.
- There is no longer any functionality for the smart features.
In most cases, these problems can be resolved by resetting the phone to factory settings. Smart TVs from Vizio provide both soft resets and hard resets.
Also, read Vizio TV Universal Remote codes
What is the purpose of resetting your Vizio Smart TV?
When and why should you reset your Vizio Smart TV? Here are a few reasons:
- You may experience lag or freezing on your Smart TV.
- There is a slowdown in the TV.
- The TV screen displays a variety of colors.
- In the case of malfunctioning smart features.
- TV won’t turn on despite repeatedly pressing the power button and remote control.
- It is possible to restore the smart TV to its original state.
- You are experiencing audio and video issues with your smart TV.
- If you forgot your smart TV’s password and are unable to access the home screen.
- You should reset your Vizio Smart TV before selling it.
- There is no Wi-Fi connection.
- Your smart TV set isn’t working with its applications.
Also, read Horizontal Lines on Vizio TV Screen?
What a Soft Reset Does to Your Vizio Smart TV
Restarting the device and clearing its memory are the results of a soft reset.
As a result, technical support representatives always recommend this process first. Soft resets are easy to perform.
A few seconds of turning off the device will suffice.
How to Hard Reset a Vizio Smart TV
Additionally performing a soft reset, wipes the memory and applies a complete reset to the device.
To put it simply, a hard reset means restoring the Vizio Smart TV to its factory settings.
Devices that misbehave or exhibit faults can usually be fixed by a soft reset. You may need to perform a hard reset which will require reconfiguring and setting up your TV completely if the problem persists.
When to Use a Hard Reset
Here are some problems that can be resolved with a hard reset:
- Wireless network connectivity problems
- Smart TV options have issues
- Playback or audio issues with videos
- Accessibility problems with smart apps or random app failures
Also, read Volume Not Working On Vizio TV
If you have a Vizio Smart TV, how do you apply soft reset?
The following steps will guide you through the process of soft-resetting your Smart TV:
- Power cords connected to TVs must be disconnected.
- You can power your TV by selecting the power button on the remote control.
- You should hold it there for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Once your Smart TV is plugged in, turn it on.
Depending on the model, you might have to do the following:
- Press the Menu button on the remote control of your Smart TV.
- Go to System, then select Reset & Admin.
- For an automatic shutdown and restart, choose Soft Power Cycle.
A guide to hard resetting your Vizio smart TV
If you want to hard reset a Vizio Smart TV, you must use the remote.
The Vizio Smart TV can be hard reset by following these steps:
- You need to unplug the router.
- Vizio remote controls are controlled by the Menu button.
- Once you have navigated to the System menu, select OK.
- Once you have selected Reset & Admin, click OK.
- Once you have selected Reset TV to Factory Defaults, click OK.
- The default parental lock code is 0000, which must be entered when prompted.
- Click OK after selecting Reset.
- Don’t watch TV until it’s off.
- As soon as the TV has been reset and its cached files have been restored, the setup screen will appear.
- Power down the router and reconnect it.
- After completing the TV configuration, reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
The aforementioned technique should work on the majority of newer Vizio Smart TVs. It may also be possible to reset your TV with an RCA universal remote if you have misplaced or damaged your original remote.
Also, read How to fix Vizio TV No Signal issue
Here’s how to hard reset your Vizio smart TV
Having trouble restarting your Vizio TV with the soft reset method? Try the following method by following these steps:
- Smart TVs should be disconnected.
- Make sure the electrical outlet is unplugged.
- Press the CH+ and CH- buttons on your TV remote.
- Keep your remote control’s power button pressed for five seconds before releasing it.
- While holding down CH+ and CH-, release them simultaneously.
- Using the remote control, go to the menu selection.
- The menu will appear on your TV screen after you do this.
- Right below the F icon, you will find the F icon.
- There will now be a screen showing the factory reset setup.
- Once you hold down the menu button for three to five seconds, the Service Menu will appear on your TV.
- Choose the option to reset the system to factory settings.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best way to reset my Vizio TV without a remote?
Answer: You can do this with models that support Smart Cast. Input and V buttons should be held together while a message appears on the screen. There will only be one button to release, the V- button. The TV should reset within 10 seconds.
Could you please tell me how to reset my Vizio TV when it has a black screen?
If your TV is not responding, try the instructions above to do a soft reset. You can try holding down the mute button for five seconds if that doesn’t work.
To ensure that “Mute Screen” mode has been disabled, follow these steps. You still haven’t succeeded?
Whenever such a situation arises, you should contact the Vizio Support staff.
What is the best way to determine if my Vizio TV needs to be updated?
Check for updates by clicking the Menu button on your VIZIO remote.
My Vizio TV supports Disney+, is that possible?
From 2016, Vizio Smart TVs are compatible with the Disney+ app.
It has become common for all Smart TVs manufactured over the last few years to have the ability to access a wide range of streaming services as well as various applications across a variety of platforms. The Disney+ app is available on the Vizio app store for easy download and installation.
Are Vizio Smart TVs capable of being updated?
It’s easy to update a Vizio Smart TV, as long as it’s connected to the internet.
Vizio Smart TVs with Internet connectivity automatically receive firmware updates to ensure that they have the latest system software. To receive constant updates, make sure your Internet connection is stable.
- One of two methods is available to reset a Vizio Smart TV: softly or hardly. All previously stored data and TV software can be cleared with a hard reset.
- You can either soft reset or hard reset a Vizio Smart TV. The former usually fixes a device that doesn’t work properly or exhibits faults. The only solution to long-term issues may be to perform a hard reset, which requires resetting and reconfiguring the TV.
- In the soft reset process, your Smart Vizio TV is briefly turned off and then turned back on. The following steps must be followed, as well as the power cycle procedure available from the menu.
- If your original remote has been lost or damaged, an RCA universal remote can reset your TV.